SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Vaccine is the LEAST Bad? Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
No vaccine for me as I had covid in November.

They're saying you should get the vaccine even if you've already had Covid, especially if you're in an older age bracket. Immune systems need all the extra pump they can get.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16354 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^ 'They' have been saying a lot of stuff, and much of whet 'they' have been saying has been spectacularly wrong! Who's to say 'they' know what they're talking about here....

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
No one can (yet) “require” you be injected with an experimental vaccine...

That's not what I'm hearing, my employer is demanding it, like a fevered religion, it's creepy.

Food for thought...

Jab-erwacky (or, Why Are People So Crazy about Being Guinea Pigs?)

Seek thou the Covid Jab, my son!
The genes that morph, the fraud that hypes!
Let Pfizer have its way, but shun
Those frivolous skeptic types!

(Big Brother has said, ‘Tis good, ‘tis good,
And so the sacrifice is just –
Submission now is hardihood,
In Big Pharma we all trust…)

And hast thou had thy Covid Jab?
Put on that mask, thou foolish lad!
Yes, you feel sick – that’s just the trick
That means we’ve all been had.

https://off-guardian.org/2021/...t-being-guinea-pigs/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Hi Fenris,

The best person to help you decide which Vaccine is best for you is your actual physician. The choice should be made based upon your medical history and any existing conditions.

I received one dose of the Moderna Vaccine, but I did consult with my Rheumatologist due to being on immune suppression for Psoriatic Arthritis. He recommended either mRNA based vaccine for me based upon my history and the medicines that I take.

Moderna and Pfizer are based upon mRNA, while the J and J vaccine uses a replication incompetent Adenovirus as the delivery vector for the COVID-19 material.

Here is a good overview of how the Moderna Vaccine works: https://www.nytimes.com/intera...ovid-19-vaccine.html

Here is good overview the J and J vaccine even though it is CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/29...-it-works/index.html

Again, the best person help you make your decision is your doctor based upon your medical history.

Best regards,

Mike (Molecular Biologist and Immunologist)

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Now 23 days into my second Moderna shot....have had no serious problems whatsoever, although I have noticed a desire to sniff around trees and piss on fire hydrants.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
Now 23 days into my second Moderna shot....have had no serious problems whatsoever, although I have noticed a desire to sniff around trees and piss on fire hydrants.

Nothing new there. You already did that

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Well, er...now that you mention it.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^ 'They' have been saying a lot of stuff, and much of whet 'they' have been saying has been spectacularly wrong! Who's to say 'they' know what they're talking about here....

This thread is for people who have basically already decided in favor of the vaccine. The person I was addressing seems already "for" the vaccine, as his wife has taken it, but he himself has not under the impression that someone who has already been through the illness can no longer benefit from it. This is not necessarily true for any vaccine. Was simply pointing that out as a favor to him.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16354 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
As a follow up to my earlier post, my boss got his yesterday afternoon. He called off sick today due to effects from the vaccine.

He is quite healthy and rarely takes a sick day. Even if he feels bad (rare) he still works from home.

This is also interesting....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=...kjq-ec&feature=share

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

This thread is for people who have basically already decided in favor of the vaccine. The person I was addressing seems already "for" the vaccine, as his wife has taken it, but he himself has not under the impression that someone who has already been through the illness can no longer benefit from it. This is not necessarily true for any vaccine. Was simply pointing that out as a favor to him.

Sooo, you're a mind reader, and anyone that disagrees is NOT welcome here... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^No, I did say "seems", and if he wishes to correct me, fine. I decided to take a chance on being wrong as I didn't want someone to face a potentially life-threatening situation based on a misconception.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I get my vaccine shot Monday Apr 12th.

It was the soonest date I could fine outside of driving a hour to more out of town.

I think it is a Pfizer shot.

Looking forward to it.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Wife and I just got 1st shot of Moderna on Wednesday. We both have soreness at the injection site, like someone gave you a nice punch there. Its still there today. I had a very slight headache and very slightly more tired yesterday, but an extra Mt Dew fixed both.

My main question is, do I need to wrap just my arm where the injection site was or my whole body with aluminum foil to block the GPS tracker? Is the tracker in my blood stream now? Where is the best place to cut it out?

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
Wife and I just got 1st shot of Moderna on Wednesday. We both have soreness at the injection site, like someone gave you a nice punch there. Its still there today. I had a very slight headache and very slightly more tired yesterday, but an extra Mt Dew fixed both.

My main question is, do I need to wrap just my arm where the injection site was or my whole body with aluminum foil to block the GPS tracker? Is the tracker in my blood stream now? Where is the best place to cut it out?

If you have clear blood vessels without a diagnosis of atherosclerosis, they generally lodge somewhere in your Eye or Johnson depending.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't have much of a choice here. I get my 2nd Moderna shot this coming Monday. Didn't have any effects after the 1st shot, but I'm told there are more reactions to the 2nd one.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
I got the J&J (Janssen) shot today. So far, so good. No sign of a tail and no desire to dine on braaaiiiinnnnsss yet.

I will keep you all posted.

No reactions here. Not even a sore arm. All is good.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
My wife got both of her shots finishing last month. She has been nagging the crap out of me to get the shots.

I just spent 8 hours in my local ER yesterday with covid symptoms. The doctor told me I had it but the covid tests proved I did not.

Still not 100% yet but now she is really on me.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've opted for the Pfizer and have had no issues to date. INitially I had planned not to receive the shots but with family members that have cardiac issues, asthma and diabetes, just to mention a few, it seemed wise to not be the one to potentially pass it on to them.

Posts: 585 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Absolutely no JNJ for our family as we won’t abide having abortive derived cells used as a “cure” for anything.

Fuck that.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
Absolutely no JNJ for our family as we won’t abide having abortive derived cells used as a “cure” for anything.

Fuck that.

I wondered about that
As if why hide it if there's nothing wrong?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post