SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ain't no one turning my nards into a Barbie Doll's crotch, I don't care who's elected President.

Agreed. One cannot be (figuratively) neutered by force; it is only done willingly.

I will not change my beliefs regardless of what the world or any president says. Sometimes, we have to face the entire world and proclaim that the world is wrong and must change.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I hypothesize that the reason the case was not filed, a grand jury empaneled, etc. is that a decision was made that they did not want to expose the national security information, which the Clinton defense team would insist, never waive, as part of a public trial.

I'm anticipating that the investigation into the Clinton Foundation will continue and indictments in that matter will accomplish the same result.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I hypothesize that the reason the case was not filed, a grand jury empaneled, etc. is that a decision was made that they did not want to expose the national security information, which the Clinton defense team would insist, never waive, as part of a public trial.

Then how could the law ever be prosecuted for anyone? Wouldn't everyone want the same treatment. Equal protection under the law and all that??

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Then how could the law ever be prosecuted for anyone? Wouldn't everyone want the same treatment. Equal protection under the law and all that??

That extends "Equal protection" a good deal further than it is intended or applied, beyond the boundaries, actually.

I'm hypothesizing from what I have read in other cases.

National security comes in a bunch of flavors and intensities. Some are a lot less sensitive, some are a great deal more so. It also accommodates a certain amount of plea bargaining, depending on the circumstances.

There is an entire section in the US Attorneys Manual devoted to standards, procedures, controls, etc. when criminal cases potentially involve classified information. Quite involved!

Somehow, spies who have supplied highly classified info are arrested, and end up in jail. A fair number, maybe a large number, are not tried, but plead guilty for one reason or another, maybe in consideration of lesser jail time, dismissal of accomplices if their role is deemed minor, dismissal of more serious charges with a plea to lesser ones. It's "Let's Make A Deal!"

Often, prosecutors are more flexible where they assess the likelihood of guilty verdicts as not as certain.

I don't buy the "Comey is corrupt" line, especially as it was applied flexibly with equal vigor.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Sadly, that raises the possibility that the Clinton could threaten to expose national security materials as part of their defense of the Clinton Foundation. They'd be practically admitting corruption, but there wouldn't be much that could be done about it unless the Feds said "screw you" and pulled the trigger.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Sadly, that raises the possibility that the Clinton could threaten to expose national security materials as part of their defense of the Clinton Foundation. They'd be practically admitting corruption, but there wouldn't be much that could be done about it unless the Feds said "screw you" and pulled the trigger.

Very much less risky, I imagine.

Who knows, really.

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Tom Hagen: The Roman Empire... when a plot against the Emperor failed, the plotters were always given a chance to let their families keep their fortunes.

Frankie Pentangeli: Yeah, but only the rich guys. The little guys got knocked off. If they got arrested and executed, all their estate went to the Emperor. If they just went home and killed themselves, up front, nothing happened.

Tom Hagen: Yeah, that was a good break. A nice deal. Pentangeli looks at Hagen; he understands.

Frankie Pentangeli: They went home and sat in a hot bath and opened their veins, and bled to death. Sometimes they gave a little party before they did it.

Posts: 7455 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Having former President Clinton and Hillary as well as President Obama and Mrs. Obama coming to Philadelphia for a massive get-out-the-vote rally on Election Eve is NOT indicative of a campaign confident they have Pennsylvania in the bag on Election Day.

For those who don't know; Philadelphia is a SOLID blue city in a pretty blue state that last elected a Republican POTUS in 1988.

Ahhhh, that felt good.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Are we going to get 300?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Are we going to get 300?

Maybe.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
With a resounding,

This...

Is...

AMERICA!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton's holiday party 'like a wake'

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s holiday party at a posh New York City hotel Thursday was reportedly a somber affair since it has only been just over a month since her election loss.

“It was like a wake with a band,” quipped one guest who was at the Plaza Hotel told The New York Post’ Page Six. The holiday party included top-tier donors, VIP boosters and campaign advisers.

The source said, “It was a little bit of group therapy and a lot of love” among the losing Democratic rainmakers.

Spotted in the crowd were Clinton advisers Huma Abedin, John Podesta and Robby Mook, donors Alan Patricof, Bernard Schwartz, Marc Lasry, Jay Snyder and Robert Zimmerman, designers Vera Wang and Tory Burch, plus Anna Wintour, Harvey Weinstein and restaurateur Danny Meyer.

There has been a confluence of news stories that may have contributed to the feelings. Clinton, herself, earlier this month called the rise of so-called fake news an epidemic in American politics, saying it is “now clear” fake news has “real-world consequences.”

Clinton is apparently not the only Democrat still getting over last month’s elections.

President Obama put Russia's Vladimir Putin on notice Friday that the U.S. could use offensive cyber muscle to retaliate for interference in the U.S. presidential election, his strongest suggestion to date that Putin had been well aware of campaign email hacking.

"Whatever they do to us, we can potentially do to them," Obama declared.

First Lady Michelle Obama also told Oprah that the country is now “feeling what not having hope feels like, you know? Hope is necessary.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...party-like-wake.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Has any one sent an email to Podeta's Gmail saying "Thanks for tanking the election."

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Obama put Russia's Vladimir Putin on notice Friday that the U.S. could use offensive cyber muscle to retaliate for interference in the U.S. presidential election, his strongest suggestion to date that Putin had been well aware of campaign email hacking.

"Whatever they do to us, we can potentially do to them," Obama declared.

Oddly enough, the headline (subheadline?) on the front page of the NYT today was that O didn't raise hell about it because he didn't want to "incite further meddling" by Russia in the election.

IOW, he didn't think there was squat he could do about being bullied, because he was afraid to make the bully mad.

Now - what do you guys think the odds are that O stopped by Hill's electoral wake and took responsibility for disgusting so many American voters with eight years of utterly perverse fecklessness? You know, the eight years of fecklessness that compelled Hill to (laughably and incoherently, given her record as Secretary of State) try to campaign as a foreign policy tough guy?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cavito:

Now - what do you guys think the odds are that O stopped by Hill's electoral wake ....

He didn't plan to go to the wake.

He wants to attend her electoral funeral so he can water the flowers.

Nice is overrated

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Clinton, herself, earlier this month called the rise of so-called fake news an epidemic in American politics, saying it is “now clear” fake news has “real-world consequences.”

REAL NEWS FLASH: The rise of fake liberal/fake democrats campaigning under fake promises, relying on fake voters, also have 'real world consequences' they will have to face.

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton cites 'misogyny' as cause for her defeat

Hillary Clinton told attendees at the Women in the World conference that "misogyny" played a role in her electoral defeat to Donald Trump last November.

Curiously, she made that observation in response to a question about why white women didn't vote for her.

Apparently, she believes that some women hate themselves because they're women.

AFP:

"I think in this election there was a very real struggle between what is viewed as change that is welcomed and exciting to so many Americans and change which is worrisome and threatening to so many others.

"And layer on the first woman president over that and I think some people, women included, had real problems," she told a New York Times journalist at the ticketed women's empowerment event held each year.

While the vastly experienced Clinton won the popular vote, she lost the electoral college to the businessman who had never previously held public office, upending the world and the US political establishment.

Having dreamt for years of making history as America's first woman president, Clinton admitted the aftermath had been "devastating."

Hillary Clinton lost because 1) she was almost universally disliked by the voters and 2) few trusted her. She can't escape that verdict no matter how she tries to obscure the truth.

She was also part of a Democratic establishment that declared war on the white working class – on their values, on their jobs, and on their families. What few policies she actually talked about were inimical to the interests of the traditional Democratic working class base.

And she blames woman-hatred for her loss?

Perhaps the truth is so painful to admit that Clinton will continue throwing up a smokescreen that obscures the real reasons for her rejection by the voters. Despite the most negative, exaggerated, hysterical coverage of a Republican candidate in history, even her allies in the media could not overcome what voters perceived was the most untrustworthy, unlikable Democrat candidate of the modern era.

http://www.americanthinker.com..._for_her_defeat.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
“Misogynist: A man who hates women as much as women hate one another.” H. L. Mencken

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's nice, Hil. Hey, guess what? You're still not President and you shall never be President, and that's all that matters. You were kept out of the White House. You're not in charge. Have a nice day. Or not. Whatever.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post