SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone done your census yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone done your census yet? Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted
Got the census letter in the mail yesterday and was wondering if anyone has gone online to fill theirs out and how long it took.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Ours arrived yesterday to our summer home. We’ll fill it out when we get back.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
Received mine yesterday. It took less than eight minutes to complete. Pretty painless

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1123 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. I received mine in the mail today. Went online, it took less than ten minutes. Really simple

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yep, got mine today. And now, the garbageman has it.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Did the census online last night in well under 10 minutes. If you do it online, once you start, you need to finish it. If you stop and come back later, you have to start all over. At least that was the warning on the site. Wasn't effected because the census didn't take long at all.

Posts: 4699 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
When it gets here I’ll put the number of residents down and send it back. That’s all the info they need.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cusingeorge
posted Hide Post
It was quite a bit shorter than the one from 2008-2009, or whenever that one was, I guess there's a reason for that?

My tongue swore, but my mind was still unpledged.

Posts: 2196 | Location: Calumet, Oklahoma  | Registered: August 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Haven't gotten one yet.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Mailed mine back. Didn't see any questions that were particularly out of line so I just answered them. Not nearly as invasive as I recall the last one being.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did mine online, mainly to see what exactly they wanted to know.
Everything they already knew, since after I punched in the "code" my address popped right up.
Seemed pointless.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Just finished mine on the internet. Short, took less than 10 mins.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I did mine online, mainly to see what exactly they wanted to know.
Everything they already knew, since after I punched in the "code" my address popped right up.
Seemed pointless.

Seemed like they just wanted to verify what they already knew.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I also got mine yesterday. I'll get around to doing it eventually.
I haven't even opened it yet. When is the due date?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Got mine. I was surprised that they did give both an on line or paper return option.

Since the question asks "on April 1, 2020" I will fill in the number of people that live at our address on that date, Not that I'm expecting any changes between now and then.

That's all I'm required to do and that's all the info I'll furnish. How many people live at this address.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine showed up today. I almost threw it out with the junk mail. I then threw it out with the regular mail.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Lucky Me -

I got hired by the census as an NRFU (Non Response Follow Up) enumerator. That means I'll be making physical visits to housing units that had not responded to the mailed census. Haven't been trained yet.

My POC at the census said to show up for training looking professional, and they might offer a different position (like area supervisor or something) if there are any openings.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I got hired by the census as an NRFU (Non Response Follow Up) enumerator. That means I'll be making physical visits to housing units that had not responded to the mailed census. Haven't been trained yet.
Stimulating the economy, I am, via my obstinance.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Just did mine, super easy. Only want the names ages sex and relations of all persons living within...took less than ten minutes.

IIRC, 2010 was a lot more intrusive.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Stimulating the economy, I am, via my obstinance.
It will happen this way. You will be home. Maybe the first hot, humid day in May. And a person with a laptop will knock on your door, and it will be someone you perhaps have seen in the grocery store. And he or she will smile, and offer to . . . .

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post