SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone done your census yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone done your census yet? Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
Did it online for about 8 min tops.

Same here...easy pezzy...it’s better than having them send someone to the house to ask crap in person Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the resistance to completing the census, and I consider myself the private type. I have a US passport. I have a SSN and receive a statement annually from the SSA. I file tax returns w/ the IRS.

The 2020 Census online asks for:
-names of residents in the household
-their genders
-their DOBs
-their relationships (e.g., biological, marriage, etc)
-their races/ethnicities
-Is the home owned or rented?
-Option to provide name & phone# for a point-of-contact

What is it that abstainers expect to hide? Confused
As another member put, it just seems to confirm what the govt should already know. If you don't want to answer the race/ethnicity question, then leave it blank.

I rented a U-Haul a couple months ago, and they required more personal info than the census did.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Did ours today. Took maybe five minutes. If it determines federal dollars for my state then count me in....twice.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
My beef is that it fails to do the single most important task and that is determining the number of citizens in this country.

I agree that the feds already have all of the other answers so it’s a waste of time to send it to them again.

This is a purely politically partisan effort spearheaded by the party that hates Americans and that’s the reason they fought so hard to not ask the question.

As a result answering this merely feeds the Democrat machine and they will twist it to suit their purposes.

Who really cares how many live in a house. That’s the least important question you could ask anyone other than when did you stop beating your wife.

A more useful question I suppose would be to determine who had pancakes for breakfast last Tuesday

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I did mine about 10 days ago and today I got a 'warning' in the mail to do it because it was required by law. Giving them a few days grace period, after that much time they still don't know I did it?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from our town Mayor and he was asking everyone to fill out their census. He said each person amounted to $10,000 received from the fed, spread over 10 years. 1,000 per year.

So if he is correct with the numbers...
and 1/5 of the people in our town of ~500 don't answer, it means a loss of $100,000 a year, 1 million dollars over ten years, until the next census. Thats a big deal for our little burg.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cparktd,

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
SWMBO keeps 'bitchin' about the damn Census! Roll Eyes

To date I've received four mailings from the US.gov Census Bureau, ALL of which indicate 'Your response is required by law.' Of course NONE indicate any due date whatsoever!

I've been busy sheltering in place, and you know, doin' stuff. I'll get around to it eventually....Considering it's the 2020 Census, I'm assuming it's due sometime in 2020, so I still got time! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
… it means a loss of $100,000 a year, 10 million dollars over ten years, until the next census. …
1,000,000 over ten years.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
1,000,000 over ten years.

Yes, thanks.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
I did ours, shortly after getting the first(!!!) mailing.

More mailings, and now, an unsolicited text!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Did ours on-line at end of March. Printed off confirmation of completion and stapled to original Census request.

If the FedGov guys come by to follow-up, they’ll be shown the confirmation and invited to leave.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
I did the minimum required.

Ditto.

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Nope, and not planning to. I live in a “census sanctuary household”

They already have the info. I ain’t worried about it being “the law” given the lack of or selective enforcement of so many other laws.

If WA state gets less reps and money, all the better as far as I am concerned.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Did it online. Answered the first two questions about number of people in the household, then clicked through the rest. Got conf. number and good to go.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
done

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Nope, and not planning to. I live in a “census sanctuary household”

They already have the info. I ain’t worried about it being “the law” given the lack of or selective enforcement of so many other laws.

If WA state gets less reps and money, all the better as far as I am concerned.

Amen. Less Federal dollars for almost everything is almost always better imho.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Did it online. Answered the first two questions about number of people in the household, then clicked through the rest. Got conf. number and good to go.

You mean the online version didn't force required screen fields data ? Doesn't sound like good ole gubmit application programming to me. It that's the case, it sounds like you could not fill out any data at all, just get the conf number and be done with it. That would be pretty entertaining. I love stupid programming, as long as I don't need it and can just laugh at it.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So...I am watching the tube tonight and what should my horrified eyes behold? The giant hideous head of.... Al Sharpton! Al told me to complete the Census. Thanks, Al! What a public spirited guy you are!
I had barely recovered from Sharpton shock when another Census blurb assaulted me. It was the se habla Census PSA, entirely in Spanish. Gracias!
Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Oh, I forget about that thing. No census workers have showed up yet.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post