SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone done your census yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone done your census yet? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
For race you have to enter an origin.
White (example German, Irish, English, polish)

Since "None of your Goddamn Business" was not an option....
I dropped down to "other" and typed in Native American

As long as White people (example German, Irish, English, polish) are openly under attack and discriminated against in this country, why would I self-select "White"?

I answered “no idea”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Just put what origin you 'identify with'.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I went online about an hour ago and filled it out. It took maybe 10 minutes. The only question I found really interesting was the one about what kind of living situation you had and all the options like opposite sex and same sex marriage, etc.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did mine on line in about ten minutes.

Posts: 319 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Nope

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
No

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bonanacroin:
Under origin I typed in American

So did I. My ancestors have been on this continent since before the revolutionary war, and my wife's have been nearly as long. Those ancestors are from a lot of different countries. I couldn't think of any better way to answer it. We're Americans.

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
No ,got the on line one ,I am not putting any more of my stuff on line to get hacked and later spammed.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Quick and easy. Just answer unknown as much as possible.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's what I did but having done genealogy for a lot of people I'm pretty certain that answer is going to be totally worthless. For instance I have traced the trees of families whose most recent immigrant was from the 1700's yet they call themselves, Irish or German or English etc.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
quote:

That's what I did but having done genealogy for a lot of people I'm pretty certain that answer is going to be totally worthless. For instance I have traced the trees of families whose most recent immigrant was from the 1700's yet they call themselves, Irish or German or English etc.. Roll Eyes

Right! Any answer to that question is "totally worthless" because the question itself is "totally worthless". What difference does it make?

The purpose of the census is to apportion Congressional districts by population:

quote:
Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.

https://www.census.gov/history...icle_1_Section_2.pdf

Am I going to be counted differently for representation in Congress according to race?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Circular file folder for me.
Census taker comes to my door will be told politely to leave.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yep, got mine today. And now, the garbageman has it.

Same here.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done in five minutes, I wish I'd thought to have put American as to origin. Namesake's ancestor to America came from what is now Germany, but back then was France after they seized it from what was a Germanic state during war, so German/French it was. Mutt would have worked also.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
For Origin I typed Northern European which, based on my ancestry, is the most correct.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
I am guessing "Are you a citizen or able to legally vote?" wasn't asked?

You are correct, sir.

Should be first question on the survey. Electors and representatives should be based on that number. Felons, illegals, and permanent residents, should be counted for other purposes, but not for determining representation.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5586 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VonFatman
posted Hide Post
the garbage man always get's mine.

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that once you don't respond then you get some worker paid to come by to your house who's prior experience has been to visit every house for miles getting in people's space. No thanks.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I did it, real quick, and I also put "American" under white for each of the 4 family members. 'Merica!

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post