SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone done your census yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone done your census yet? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If someone like Sharpton or a Spanish speaker is urging people to complete the census, it’s because they are at least smart enough to understand how it’s important for the people they are trying to influence to have as much representation in Congress as they can get. Unfortunately, not everyone is as bright as they are.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I did a paper one. Bare minimum. Told them how many people live here. Nothing else.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I just got a survey from the census....
Total and complete bullshit...questions about race, online security, use of the internet, would it better to get the info from other agencies, how I identified sexually...

I shitcanned it after initially writing all over it about the questions...when I found a QR code on the envelope and on the survey...they damn well know who they sent it to and it won’t be anonymous. I don’t need a meeting with some agency investigating a disgruntled vet who couldn’t fill out a survey

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a big fan of doing it. Kept putting it off. They sent someone to the house. I might have said piss off but it was some 70ish little old lady, just trying to make a couple extra dollars, from the neighborhood, and out in the blistering heat.

Wasn't about to give her a hard time. Answered her questions. She was very nice. Not pushy. Offered her some water before she left but she said she was set.

Hope the heat didn't get to her.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I filled it out online, it wasn't a big deal to me.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, on paper, two months ago, ~5 minutes...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neel:
Found mine in the mail box today. I was leery to begin with, but it wasn't as intrusive as I recall from years past.

Besides my gate is locked with a dog running the property so a census worker would have no chance getting to my from door.

I have my trusty cat with lightening like reflexes on duty...nothings going to get past him to the door by God!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm working on it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Don't really get all the fuss, they know everything about us already, probably have drones and shit watching over the houses of people who don't respond.

Why someone would not want to respond I'm not sure, plus it helps when distributing government funds.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Small towns like where I live are pushing the census pretty hard, we need the funds to survive. So far I think we are at 66% response rate. They even counted the inmates at the county jail.

Posts: 423 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I found a notice from the US Census Bureau stuck in the door at my Father's house in NJ. I was down there last week doing work for his Estate....He died in 2017, over three years ago, and the .gov was notified of his demise! Roll Eyes

ETA - I realized after I submitted mine that I made a mistake by omission when I completed the Census questionnaire online. In my effort to provide as little info as possible, I cruised through the form, providing only what was required and hit submit. I later realized I should had included some add'l info....In the Ethnicity/Race section, there was a supplementary question where I should have checked 'Other' and filled in 'American' in the box. I regret that omission! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8893 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post