SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone done your census yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone done your census yet? Login/Join 
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Completed online, also responded as American under White for wife and I.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I haven’t seen ours yet but I’m glad to see the American response discussed here. While I consider myself to be of primarily Irish descent, all of my ancestral lines that we’ve traced so far were in the colonies before the Revolutionary War. Several of my ancestors fought in it and received land grants beyond the mountains. They and many others just like them earned us the right to be American on that form.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2106 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
After April 2072 when the records are released to the general public, some of y'all's descendants are gonna be in for a surprise when they research their ancestors. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yep, got mine today. And now, the garbageman has it.

I love our Census threads. Our garbage collector is not very selective either.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
When it gets here I’ll put the number of residents down and send it back. That’s all the info they need.

But why do they need to know the number of people under your roof ? Is that going to help the United States of America, traditional values, and apple pie ? Is that really what the government cares about, and is knowing the number of people in your house going to help or hurt those principles?

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
After April 2072 when the records are released to the general public, some of y'all's descendants are gonna be in for a surprise when they research their ancestors. Roll Eyes

Ok I laughed out loud at that. Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I got hired by the census as an NRFU (Non Response Follow Up) enumerator. That means I'll be making physical visits to housing units that had not responded to the mailed census. Haven't been trained yet.
Stimulating the economy, I am, via my obstinance.

One of your comrades came to my door when I failed to return my census, and told me he was turning in my name to the census people for possible prosecution. I remained polite and said, "OK", like that dude on SNL with the whole "Ok" schtick. I don't think he had the intelligence to pick up on the humor of my response. So I hope you have a sense of humor, because if they send you to Para's door, I can't guarantee he will be as funny as I am. Are you really that hard up for a gubmint job ? There ARE other government jobs with more honor. Like engineers, astronauts, roads and highways, honest prosecutors, the list goes on. You DO know that everyone who works in the Census department is somewhere between a part time and full time Marxist, don't you ? Good luck with that.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
Completed online, also responded as American under White.

As did I!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Are you really that hard up for a gubmint job ? There ARE other government jobs with more honor. Like engineers, astronauts, roads and highways, honest prosecutors, the list goes on. You DO know that everyone who works in the Census department is somewhere between a part time and full time Marxist, don't you ? Good luck with that.

I sincerely hope your comments were made in jest. You know absolutely nothing about mikeyspizza, or his life circumstances.

Posts: 9042 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I got hired by the census as an NRFU (Non Response Follow Up) enumerator. That means I'll be making physical visits to housing units that had not responded to the mailed census. Haven't been trained yet.
Stimulating the economy, I am, via my obstinance.

One of your comrades came to my door when I failed to return my census, and told me he was turning in my name to the census people for possible prosecution. I remained polite and said, "OK", like that dude on SNL with the whole "Ok" schtick. I don't think he had the intelligence to pick up on the humor of my response. So I hope you have a sense of humor, because if they send you to Para's door, I can't guarantee he will be as funny as I am. Are you really that hard up for a gubmint job ? There ARE other government jobs with more honor. Like engineers, astronauts, roads and highways, honest prosecutors, the list goes on. You DO know that everyone who works in the Census department is somewhere between a part time and full time Marxist, don't you ? Good luck with that.
Already receiving a CSRS pension, so had my fill of real Govt jobs in DC. This is for fun, if it even happens. As far as a census worker coming to your door, that must have been the 2010 census.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:

Your signature line says you are a lover of the US Constitution. You are aware that the census is mandated by the very Constitution that you claim to love, right? From day one the US has taken count, by name, of everyone who lives in every house, cabin, hovel, ect. You act as if it's some new liberal idea to control the masses.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I just got another notice in the mail today. That's less than a week since I received the first one. Awfully anxious, aren't they?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Last time we had the census here in MT the majority of the folks I saw doing a training session, were all 60 yrs of age or more. As I recall it was a decent part time wage as well as mileage.

Simply older folks picking up some decent part time money.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why are some of you guys so defiant when it comes to completing the census? What's your beef?

Posts: 551 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
quote:

Your signature line says you are a lover of the US Constitution. You are aware that the census is mandated by the very Constitution that you claim to love, right? From day one the US has taken count, by name, of everyone who lives in every house, cabin, hovel, ect. You act as if it's some new liberal idea to control the masses.

I do think that, and here's why. Last time I saw the questions it appeared to me the purpose was to further divide society for democratic votes and politicize hard feelings between progressive and conservative government principles. If it were't for that, and how some of the questions are extremely personal and obviously designed to pump more money into my neighborhood for clandestine democratic progressivism, then the original constitional intent of the census went out the window. When they want to know my gross income, divided by the length of my johnson, and for everyone else under my roof, then the original intent of the census has been wrongly subrogated. If the purpose of the census was to build highways, aircraft carriers, and water treatment plants, I'd want to give the information. But the qeustions they ask have nothing to do with anything good that I believe in, including the constitution. I hope that makes some sense.

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I just got another notice in the mail today. That's less than a week since I received the first one. Awfully anxious, aren't they?

Yea they get like that, as if more government forms in your mailbox will change your behavior.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I do think that, and here's why. Last time I saw the questions it appeared to me the purpose was to further divide society for democratic votes and politicize hard feelings between progressive and conservative government principles. If it were't for that, and how some of the questions are extremely personal and obviously designed to pump more money into my neighborhood for clandestine democratic progressivism, then the original constitional intent of the census went out the window. When they want to know my gross income, divided by the length of my johnson, and for everyone else under my roof, then the original intent of the census has been wrongly subrogated. If the purpose of the census was to build highways, aircraft carriers, and water treatment plants, I'd want to give the information. But the questions they ask have nothing to do with anything good that I believe in, including the constitution. I hope that makes some sense.

Did you actually read the questions?
quote:
When they want to know my gross income, divided by the length of my johnson, and for everyone else under my roof, then the original intent of the census has been wrongly subrogated.

... because that wasn't asked.

I generally feel the same as you regarding "the original intent of the census has been wrongly subrogated".
That was certainly the case in the past.

But this time, the only question I had a problem with was the "race" question.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
No mail in option in the letter I received, online only and you cannot leave a question blank.

For race you have to enter an origin.

White (example German, Irish, English, polish)

I selected White and typed in mutt for me and Faux Dutch for my wife.

My wife did ours today, and she had the same thought.
“Should I put in Mutt?”
Naw, I told her to put in American.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I also got a second form today, identical to the first. This latest one definitely went in the trash can.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stumbling through where
others have fallen
Picture of REdwin89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lucky Me -

My POC at the census said to show up for training looking professional, and they might offer a different position (like area supervisor or something) if there are any openings.

I worked for the 2010 census and job was to follow up on a random selection of your physical visits to see if the individuals were actually contacted. So....word to the wise.

"I don't know a lot but I can zero beat the V's on an R390."

Posts: 2322 | Location: No longer new to Central NY | Registered: March 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post