SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone done your census yet?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone done your census yet? Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Got it yesterday. Nothing to fill out and send back, online only. It went in the trash.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
my wife had nothing else to do...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did mine online the day I got it, then, yesterday, I got a letter reminding me to do it and saying they were gonna send me a paper one to fill out and send back.

I shoulda tossed it, I guess.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
got mine yesterday

got a reminder notice with a threat attached today

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
got mine yesterday

got a reminder notice with a threat attached today

Same here. Gotta love the waste of paper/money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2696 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
I didn't time it, but I dont think it took 10 minutes.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
After April 2072 when the records are released to the general public, some of y'all's descendants are gonna be in for a surprise when they research their ancestors. Roll Eyes

Ten years ago I got one if the extended forms that asked all kinds of intrusive bullshit questions. I threw it in the garbage and rebuffed the census worker. This year I was feeling gratitude for accessing the census records of Mahoning Co, OH circa 1830, 1840, and 1850. So I did the online short form. It is unlikely that I will have children, but not impossible... so...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Done online I felt it was not intrusive.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yep, got mine today. And now, the garbageman has it.

Para, you’ve sparked my curiosity. Why would you throw it out? What difference does it make if the government knows how many people are in my home?

It is how the population count is done.

The population count first and foremost determines representation in Congress. More populous states get more votes in the House of Reps and thus, in the Electoral Collage.

It would be a detriment for people in red states to not fill it out, as it would make the population seem lower than it actually is, and if enough people did so it could alter the makeup of Congress and the Electoral college to give states that typically vote for one party more representation than they deserve.

Second, it is how state districts are drawn, which gives the same problems for the state governments. It could give more sway to typically blue areas and less to red areas.

There are other reasons, like allocation of first responder resources, school funding/bussing, school districts, highway funding, etc.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Did mine last night, on-line. Got a second letter yesterday. Totally forgot about the first letter from last week.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Accomplished yesterday. Took less than 5 minutes. Only one person to report.

Posts: 39 | Location: SOKY | Registered: March 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I did it. If I didn't like the question I just kept hitting next until it relented and moved on.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Just did mine and it was not a big deal.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just completed it, six minutes total, easy peasy.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder. Just finished.

Posts: 1924 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
The Census is so Fucked up...
I got 5 envelopes in the mail, all addressed my house with different ID numbers! One got completed, four wound up in the trash.
Typical Government idiots.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I nicked the census man.

There's a good boy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the online version, mostly painless. Yeah, my whole family are mutts.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC (Ret)

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I did the minimum required.

Posts: 3662 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Did it online for about 8 min tops.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post