SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Feds have arrested a contractor for leaking classified documents to media
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feds have arrested a contractor for leaking classified documents to media Login/Join 
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
p.o.s. traitor

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/al...-winner-denied-bail/

Prosecutors say that before she left the military, she inserted an external hard drive into a top-secret computer there. They say they don't know what happened to it or what it might contain.

and she got an honorable discharge and kept her clearance ?

Things sure have changed

Posts: 19575 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ I wonder how they know that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Reality Winner could end up being The Biggest Loser.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

More importantly, why didn't they swoop down on her there and then?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

Sympathetic deep state?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Maybe they realized it in the course of the present investigation.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Sympathetic deep state?
How about a more logical explanation, such as no one bothered to check her activity at the time? I know that's boring compared to some vast "deep state" conspiracy, but try it on for size. Drive it around the block. If you don't like it, you can bring it back and drive away in your conspiracymobile.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
No bond, and wow - read this story.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/loca...house-down/531327849

Prosecutors: Contractor wanted to 'burn the White House down'

RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. - An Augusta woman charged with leaking classified information was indicted by a federal grand jury on one count, but prosecutors said they are likely to add more.

A federal magistrate judge held a detention hearing for Reality Winner Thursday afternoon.

The 25-year-old worked as a contractor for the government and is accused of giving classified information from the National Security Agency to an online news outlet.

She entered a not-guilty plea. The judge denied bond.

Prosecutors argued that the only thing Winner could do if she were released on bail is be recruited by the nation’s enemies.

Based on evidence seized from her home, federal prosecutors detailed Winner's alleged plans to burn down the White House and travel to Afghanistan, pledging her allegiance to the Taliban.

They said in recorded jailhouse calls, she told her mother how to play her side of the story in the media— as someone who was scared she’d disappear from an interrogation room in her Augusta home after Saturday’s raid.

Channel 2’s Nicole Carr was invited into Winner’s home by her parents to see the interrogation room.

“This is where they held her when they did the search of the house and this is where they interrogated her,” said Winner’s mother, Billie-Winner Davis.

Winner opted to stay in her house for questioning and confessed her intent to release damaging classified material to an online media outlet she “admired,” directing agents to find a screenshot of the mailing drop box for The Intercept on her cellphone. The material is described as top secret, detailing a Russian military intelligence attack on a U.S. voting supplier.

“She has no history of being a threat to this nation. Only an asset,” said Gary Davis, Winner’s stepfather.

Prosecutors said a phone call to her sister expressed Winner’s confidence in how to play the court during her bond hearing.

“I’m pretty, white and cute,” she allegedly told her sister. Prosecutors said Winner told her sister she would braid her hair and cry in court.

Prosecutors said she also instructed family members to transfer $30,000 into her mother’s account so she’d appear poor enough for a court-appointed attorney.

The government believes those who knew Winner best did not know an alternate side of her, who confessed to wanting to do harm to the nation through the release of classified documents.

“She offered up her life for this nation and to see her treated so vilely is an insult to every person who’s ever worn a uniform,” Davis said.

Prosecutors also said while Winner was serving in the Air Force she put a removable thumb drive into a top-secret computer. The government testified that it has no idea where that drive is now.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
They would know she did it because as soon as an unauthorized device was plugged in the computer would tattle. They would know exactly what computer and who was logged on at the time. I've seen plenty of guys have to re-take "IT security training" because they weren't thinking and plugged their phone into a computer to charge while they were working. Boss man gets a call, and shit rolls down hill.

She may have been reprimanded, we don't know. She may have claimed "oops". I would think they should have recovered the drive though. As noted I've seen guys have their phones taken to be checked out for unauthorized info after plugging them in.

quote:

“She offered up her life for this nation and to see her treated so vilely is an insult to every person who’s ever worn a uniform,” Davis said.

WRONG. Her treason is an insult to every person who's ever worn a uniform.

What a whack job. The whole family.

One down, plenty to go. Hopefully her successful prosecution and stiff sentence makes the rest of the traitors think twice.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
“She has no history of being a threat to this nation. Only an asset,” said Gary Davis, Winner’s stepfather.
She does now.

I'd like to see her face when they played her jailhouse phonecalls in court. Ignorant twat. Who? Who doesn't know that jailhouse communications are monitored? I'll tell you who- smug children, that's who.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:

Maybe they realized it in the course of the present investigation.

I'm sure that's the case. I'm just curious how that realization came about. I doubt she told them. Did someone see her do it and only now realize she may have been transferring files?
'
Whatever the case, they're on her now, and it's obvious that she wasn't too careful with her own opinions or thoughts. The investigators will probably dig up all kinds of unsavory nonsense about this woman.

ETA:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
They would know she did it because as soon as an unauthorized device was plugged in the computer would tattle. They would know exactly what computer and who was logged on at the time. I've seen plenty of guys have to re-take "IT security training" because they weren't thinking and plugged their phone into a computer to charge while they were working. Boss man gets a call, and shit rolls down hill.

She may have been reprimanded, we don't know. She may have claimed "oops". I would think they should have recovered the drive though. As noted I've seen guys have their phones taken to be checked out for unauthorized info after plugging them in.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
The USB ports on all the desktop and laptop computers at my company (private sector tech) are all electronically software disabled for 99.99% of the company. You need VP approval for an exemption if you require use of thumbdrive, it is assigned to you with an electronic tracker. They know where ever you plug in, and knew before the lock down if you were using your usb ports.

That the government computers, especially ones containing top secret information, were not similarly locked down and controlled is a level of incompetence beyond belief.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
That the government computers, especially ones containing top secret information, were not similarly locked down and controlled is a level of incompetence beyond belief.
The boring truth- incompetence, neglect, complacency.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Regarding color printers:

https://www.theatlantic.com/te...ality-winner/529350/

posted Hide Post
There has been a fair amount of "Reality" on the news in my area. She is from, went to high school, ~40 minutes from me.

Posts: 348 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was curious about these dots on the print out.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Regarding color printers:

https://www.theatlantic.com/te...ality-winner/529350/

Posts: 348 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I just love it that some stupid shit that this rocket surgeon scribbled in a notebook about wanting to burn down the White House is being taken literally.

Hey, Doodles, I know your scribblings are just impotent talk, but I am so glad that the media is running with it. You deserve it. You certainly asked for it.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
She does now.

I'd like to see her face when they played her jailhouse phonecalls in court. Ignorant twat. Who? Who doesn't know that jailhouse communications are monitored? I'll tell you who- smug children, that's who.

But Para, she's white, she's cute, she will braid her hair and cry in court. How could you not have compassion. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post