SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Feds have arrested a contractor for leaking classified documents to media
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feds have arrested a contractor for leaking classified documents to media Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can put your money towards a first class box made of pine planks and held together with at least one dozen nails. Dee-luxe

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Feed the body to the hogs.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You can put your money towards a first class box made of pine planks and held together with at least one dozen nails. Dee-luxe

Done

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
It might have a nice 'chilling effect' if the leakers couldn't be sure their identities could be protected by the media any better than the state secrets they seem to be compelled to share.

If it is legal for press outlet "A" to print confidential information stolen from the government, it is surely legal for press outlet "B" to print the name of press outlet "A"s source.

Now, the leaker inside press outlet "A" would be at some legal risk, but surely the FBI could find someone to state 'no reasonable prosecutor would take the case' and wrap that up nicely.

If I were in charge of plugging the leaks, at least one action I'd be doing is to get it circulated in the usual channels that we had recruited such sources inside the press ready to help - whether or not I actually had them. Wink

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I read the document she leaked.

"The Intercept" looks like a very leftist / progressive / antiTrump site.

They wrote this:

"The NSA and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence were both contacted for this article. Officials requested that we not publish or report on the top secret document and declined to comment on it.

When informed that we intended to go ahead with this story, the NSA requested a number of redactions. The Intercept agreed to some of the redaction requests after determining that the disclosure of that material was not clearly in the public interest."

This document should never have been made public. The Intercept should never have published it. (even w the few redactions they made)

For those on govt systems, this is one you want to keep off your computer.

I hope Winner never gets out of jail.

I read through the article but even on that biased website I didn't see anything conclusive as to the Russians supposedly interfering with our election. All I discerned were suppositions and hypotheticals. Did I miss something or is there truly some concrete evidence of interference?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
I'd love to see some pictures of this little twat's parents. There must be a perpetual haze surrounding them.

Pictures of mom, dad, sis below ... https://www.everipedia.com/reality-leigh-winner/

Posts: 4702 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
Feed the body to the hogs.

No one wants tainted bacon...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
marksman,

from the article, this link

https://www.documentcloud.org/...ing.html#document/p1

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What pisses me off is that there are tons more of these treasonous filth infiltrating our intel community. Eight years of the filth-in-chief in the WH has no doubt loaded them up in all levels of government.

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I would also start looking at who did the fine job of a security background on her. Then look at others that person did background checks on.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4837 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
marksman,

from the article, this link

https://www.documentcloud.org/...ing.html#document/p1

That was t/s? It says nothing, mere gibberish, speculation.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Maybe gibberish was the intent to traceback to a leaker. Back when I was reading spy novels, spy non-fiction, Tom Clancy stuff, etc., leaker bait was some documented unique topic and/or some documents about the same topic but each worded differently. The topic or the wording could be traced back to those who had access.

And I apologize for offending bacon lovers. Razz

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
she needs to be put down

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
I would also start looking at who did the fine job of a security background on her. Then look at others that person did background checks on.

A TS clearance is good for 5 years so it was still her initial clearance from the Air Force. It was approved because her background at the time of the investigation was just high school.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Trial and execution. Same day.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
She needs enough prison time to cause every other leaker of classified information to cringe in fear every time they hear a knock at the door.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
I'd love to see some pictures of this little twat's parents. There must be a perpetual haze surrounding them.

Pictures of mom, dad, sis below ... https://www.everipedia.com/reality-leigh-winner/

Her mother goes by a hyphenated name (Winners-Davis) while the husband is just Davis. Tells me a lot about the family dynamic/dysfunction right there.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why Trump needs to purge as many of the leftover folks and liberal crackpots from the government employ. They are talking about looking at folks coming into this country's social media, that would also work for government employees to weed out this type of crap. Hope they hang her!

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post