SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
not that i know of, but I have 8.5 inch wrists so I really don't notice it

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
In the ethereal hands of the FedEx pilots on its way to someone new. FUNd raising for guitar stuff. I bought this in May of 2020 and in a few years, made a few hundred on it even when selling it to a wholesale channel reseller (ultra easy low risk sale). I do NOT expect guitars will treat me so well. Haha!

This was a very uncommon variant with the hesitate crystal, a sapphire case back and a gilt movement. The Speedy is a superb watch, but it did wear a little big on me. (I'm rationalizing. haha). Oh how I love the look of old tritium. Yet inexplicable, modern simulated "fauxtina" bothers the hell out of me.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Drool.
A Moonwatch is probably top 2 for watches I want to have.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Having worn the Monster for a few days, not sure I could go back to a 3:00 crown, at least on a bigger wear like a diver.
Was the Samurai ever offered with a 4:00 crown?

I'll bet stick or I could lend you a Samurai to try out, if you wanted. Cool

Fisch, that Samurai is beautiful!

I'd love to find a Gray Dawn version (SRPD03).

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Having worn the Monster for a few days, not sure I could go back to a 3:00 crown, at least on a bigger wear like a diver.

That is very nice, seem to remember seeing that when it came out.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Enabler Razz

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I had an interesting experience yesterday. I got "the call" from my LGS, that my stamp came in for a suppressor I'd purchased from them eleven months ago. Only one employee handles the BATFE stuff in the store and she was helping another customer when I arrived, so I took a seat nearby and waited my turn. While waiting, another customer came up and stood at the table, so I approached and kindly let him know that I was already waiting. Nice guy, but as we spoke I pointed to his wrist and asked him where he got such an ugly watch. He looked at his watch and back at me as I held up my own wrist for him to examine: We were both wearing Sinn U1 watches! Razz

The guy cracked up and told me he bought his over ten years ago and though he's really into collecting, his U1 is his "EDC" and it's worked perfectly since he bought it. I'm one of a very few people he's met that own a Sinn and the only one who's the owner of a U1. He was quite surprised when I told him I'd just acquired it within the last two weeks. We had a great time discussing watches, guns, and suppressors!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Adjusted the 'micro' adjustment on the clasp on the Monster & went in 1 notch, fits much better now.

Need to invest in a simple watch tool kit & set up a little watch station at the house.

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I had an interesting experience yesterday. I got "the call" from my LGS, that my stamp came in for a suppressor I'd purchased from them eleven months ago. Only one employee handles the BATFE stuff in the store and she was helping another customer when I arrived, so I took a seat nearby and waited my turn. While waiting, another customer came up and stood at the table, so I approached and kindly let him know that I was already waiting. Nice guy, but as we spoke I pointed to his wrist and asked him where he got such an ugly watch. He looked at his watch and back at me as I held up my own wrist for him to examine: We were both wearing Sinn U1 watches! Razz

The guy cracked up and told me he bought his over ten years ago and though he's really into collecting, his U1 is his "EDC" and it's worked perfectly since he bought it. I'm one of a very few people he's met that own a Sinn and the only one who's the owner of a U1. He was quite surprised when I told him I'd just acquired it within the last two weeks. We had a great time discussing watches, guns, and suppressors!

I have never seen another Sinn in the wild, have had people who were watch nuts see mine and say wow first I have seen. They are a rare beast.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Agree, seeing a Sinn in the wild would be very unusual for me. I never see much of anything but perhaps the odd Rolex every now and again.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Enabler Razz

I try to help a brother out when I can... Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Adjusted the 'micro' adjustment on the clasp on the Monster & went in 1 notch, fits much better now.

Need to invest in a simple watch tool kit & set up a little watch station at the house.

A couple of Wera screwdrivers in select sizes, some General Tools brand tweezers, a spring bar tool and a good pair of reading glasses should get you pretty setup. All on Amazon.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Who makes a good leather strap that is reasonably priced? I’d like to find a dark blue-black alligator type but I don’t want to spend hundreds of $.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I put an Archer leather strap on my Alpinist. I love it.

SF member Sureshot45 made me a leather strap for my -- now stickman's -- Hamilton. It's worth asking, I figure.

God bless America.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The Samurai is perfect as it is. If you get one in DLC then you’ve got one of the best auto divers ever made. Seiko’s glossy Diamond Like Carbon finish is a work of art but it’s more recent flatter DLC finish is tough as nails too.

If you’re not sure about the crown location I highly recommend trying one on first they are quite comfy. The Seiko Sumo line is another alternative if you are 100% dead set against a 3 o’clock crown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Two Phoibos dials I adore. My 2021 & 2022 summer watches. The Phoibos Proteus and Apollo Gen 3 in that sandy silver dial.

For the money it’s hard to choose Seiko over Phoibos.

As far as entry level automatic mechanical excellence I’d say your best bang for your buck right now is Helm followed by Phoibos followed closely by Seiko.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Really like the Proteus.
Looking online, the blue & forged carbon dials are just my style, love the second hand shape & the orange accent.
The dark matter Apollo looks good too.

The Helm Miyako, too...

My wife is going to smother me in my sleep....

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Have you got a Sumo, stickman? I'm eyeing one, but the funds aren't quite there yet.

BTW, I found that Gray Dawn today on Chrono24... way too tempting.

quote:

"No, sweetie, that's not mine. I'm borrowing it from stickman." Wink

(It works for my pal J when his lovely girlfriend sees yet another motorcycle in his garage....)

God bless America.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The SigForum Collective of Traveling Timepieces

Has a nice ring to it

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you got a Sumo, stickman? I'm eyeing one, but the funds aren't quite there yet.

BTW, I found that Gray Dawn today on Chrono24... way too tempting.

quote:

"No, sweetie, that's not mine. I'm borrowing it from stickman." Wink

(It works for my pal J when his lovely girlfriend sees yet another motorcycle in his garage....)

I don’t have a Sumo yet. There is really only one sumo model that tempts me, the Zimbe sumo which is sort of rare and about double to triple the cost of a regular Sumo. I know I would want to mod certain questionable aspects of that Sumo which would wreck the value so thus far I have resisted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~