SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
rOgue that's a cool MarineMaster. Love the look! You are just feeding the um a .....habit.

I also blame you for my lusting after a Glashutte Senator. Wink

Agreed, the blue Glashutte he used to have is in my top 5 wants for watches.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
WooHoo...Helm Komodo waiting list, down to #923!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
rOgue that's a cool MarineMaster. Love the look! You are just feeding the um a .....habit.

I also blame you for my lusting after a Glashutte Senator. Wink

Agreed, the blue Glashutte he used to have is in my top 5 wants for watches.

Haha! Thanks guys! As I understand it, the version of the Marine Master that I have is considered a little extra cool because Seiko changed some of the design elements and not for the better. To be honest, I think the Tudor BB58 could serve the same use for me (beach, surf), but since I had the MM serviced and pressure tested, I'll definitely take it to the beach this year.

Re: the GO Sixties, I've actually had that one twice. The first was silver, which was great as well, but I agree the blue is the best. They made a few of the blue versions. The one you want is the 39-52-06-02-04.

Note that the straight/stick indices are cut into the dial. Channels into the curve of the dial, not applied or painted. Very interesting design that I'd never seen before.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
HomerSimpsonDrool.gif

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

We're getting closer. I'm now down to 1152.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
quote:

We're getting closer. I'm now down to 1152.

I'm in the 900s too. I still think that is 6 to 9 months.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
I think this is the way I'm going....

BIDEN SUCKS.

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
quote:

Though if it's available I highly recommend getting the stainless bezel which gives it a totally different look; easy to change back to the original configuration...

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Johnny, we think alike. Id like the exact same configuration.

However, I’m curious if they would offer a red second hand as that’d be easier to see without reading glasses.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

But with the stainless bezel.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
I was and will, plan on ordering the extra bezel in silver. They are less $ if ordering at the time the watch is ordered.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Ditto. If my number comes up in my lifetime, I am going to order the stainless/silver bezel too.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

But with the stainless bezel.

I scored a black dial white lume a couple years ago, because this model went before I could get mine. Now I'm in the 900s...and the 6000s (forgot I had signed up). And yeah when my number comes up it will be this model, and I'll probably get the extra bezel for options.

The Miyako seems to be stuck, as my position hasn't changed in a couple months...

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am #7,109 in the Komodo queue, so in about four years I’ll be able to place an order the for the watch!

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I feel fortunate to have gotten in line when I did.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cookster - I have numbers 920 and 1506 for the Komodo. I guess I didn't pay attention when signing up and only desire one. If you want, pick which number of mine you would like and we can work out the details.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I picked up an Archer strap for my Alpinist. Loving it!

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I made an order from Crown and Caliber (Hodinkee) today. They had a $500 off coupon this month.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I picked up an Archer strap for my Alpinist. Loving it!

Gorgeous watch!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Gorgeous watch!!!

Thank you!

I haven't worn it much, as with its original strap it's very dressy. I was at an event last fall where there were a bunch of watch guys and this one was mentioned. Someone asked, "why aren't you wearing it?" I said that it was too nice to wear to work. To which "Mr Watch Guru" responded, "man, it's a Seiko. Wear it!"

This Archer strap helps me "casual it up" a bit, and it'll get a lot more wear as a result.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post