SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
P220 Smudge is correct. It’s the same watch. The anti reflective coating and angle of the watch picks up the blue of the sky so it looks like a dark blue dial from some angles.

The C60 Chronograph is only available with a gloss black dial. They make a C65 Chronograph in blue but it’s got more of a vintage vibe going.

Blue C65 Chronograph

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I really thought the top pic was black on black.

Thanks for your reply.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
One of the things Christopher Ward nailed besides the dial, case & aesthetic design is their bracelet. The micro adjust built into the clasp isn’t as elegant as Omega’s but it works just as well at a fraction of the cost.

This brand rivals Steinhart in quality & the bang for your buck factor. I have not interacted with Steinhart’s customer service but I can say that CW’s customer care is superb. Their warranty is also very good.

My new CW Sealander63 arrived a bit tight and I attempted to buy another link. They sent me one for free and it arrived in about ten days. Couldn't be more pleased with their customer service or the watch!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The Black Bay line is very nice. The chronograph model is a sore temptation to me, although I haven't seen one at a dealer.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
That Blue C65 Chronograph is really sharp...I like that thin diver bezel, a feature that isn't particularly common.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The Black Bay line is very nice. ...

I feel as though Tudor is very much the avatar of old-Rolex. And in some ways, the modern Role is the.... Hublot? of old..? Panerai? (I dunno?... Something BIG and BOLD)

Beveled lugs, domed crystal, 39mm, moderate thickness, in-house COSC calibre (with 70hr PR!), available! -vs.- larger and bolder, PCL, Maxi-dial, ...Far from tool anything -- I heard they just discontinued the dive extension link on the Deep Sea for heaven's sake! By all accounts, excellent, but by all accounts, designed to be "noticed".

Don't get me wrong, I a few of the new Rolex models (well, only one really). Just a weird observation ..

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
From Hodinkee:

“I like to think of Tudor as Rolex’s Tyler Durden – an outlet for all the impulses and urges the company has, but is just too darn responsible to carry out without fear of consequence. Could you imagine a Rolex Submariner Heritage version of a 6538 Big Crown? (You know they’d call it a 116538.) It would be monumental – and probably disrupt their own market, but let’s not be logical right now.” Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The Black Bay line is very nice. ...

I feel as though Tudor is very much the avatar of old-Rolex. And in some ways, the modern Role is the.... Hublot? of old..? Panerai? (I dunno?... Something BIG and BOLD)

Beveled lugs, domed crystal, 39mm, moderate thickness, in-house COSC calibre (with 70hr PR!), available! -vs.- larger and bolder, PCL, Maxi-dial, ...Far from tool anything -- I heard they just discontinued the dive extension link on the Deep Sea for heaven's sake! By all accounts, excellent, but by all accounts, designed to be "noticed".

Don't get me wrong, I a few of the new Rolex models (well, only one really). Just a weird observation ..

Congratulations, great looking watch.

I like the old school look of the Black Bay 58 watches.

I Purchased a Black Bay GMT back in the end of 2019 and love the look and style.

My wife and I were at an AD we do business with a few months ago. I was there putting my name on the list for a Rolex Daytona "like I will ever see that" and Tudors new Chronograph when the Manager told us that they had finally received a shipment of Tudors in and I should take a look, no Chronograph however they had the new Black Bay 58 Silver.
My wife who is a gun person, Bourbon person and a watch person looked at the watch and said she could wear that and we should buy it, so we did. Wink I think sh has worn it more than me. Frown
It's finally on my wrist this week. Smile
I am waiting to see how if at all it will patina. Tudor says it won't tarnish but I have heard it will, we will see. I kind of hope it does.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
My wife and I were at an AD we do business with a few months ago. I was there putting my name on the list for a Rolex Daytona "like I will ever see that" and Tudors new Chronograph when the Manager told us that they had finally received a shipment of Tudors in and I should take a look, no Chronograph however they had the new Black Bay 58 Silver.
My wife who is a gun person, Bourbon person and a watch person looked at the watch and said she could wear that and we should buy it, so we did. Wink I think sh has worn it more than me. Frown
I am waiting to see how if at all it will patina. Tudor says it won't tarnish but I have heard it will, we will see. I kind of hope it does.

How 'bout some photos of that Silver 58, love to see it!

I just watched a video on the all bronze Black Bay 58 (including bracelet) they came out with a couple of years ago and they said it won't tarnish/patina. That, if it does, Tudor will refinish it at no charge.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:

How 'bout some photos of that Silver 58, love to see it!

I just watched a video on the all bronze Black Bay 58 (including bracelet) they came out with a couple of years ago and they said it won't tarnish/patina. That, if it does, Tudor will refinish it at no charge.

I would love to be able to post some pictures, however I currently do not have a photo hosting website and when I did I could never figure out how to do it with out taking an hour to post one picture.

I am on a couple of other forums where I can post pictures right from my computer, that's about the level of my picture posting skills. Smile

As far as the watch tarnishing I would like to see a little tarnish to maybe ad some caricature.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
New (to me) Watch Wednesday

I've been chasing a Sinn U1 on bracelet for a couple years now. kept missing ones on auction sites and prices have climbed crazily in the past year. I finally found one from a reputable seller a week ago and won the auction for it. It arrived today. The funds for this came from last year's fire department earnings (I had to add some fun/gun money to that). Wore it today after I unboxed it and absolutely love it. This may edge out my Marathon TSAR as my favorite watch to wear.

IMG_1605 by Brad Benzing, on Flickr

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That's awesome Brad! I've yet to try a Sinn, but that's probably the one I would get.

also -->
Someone asked earlier about the silver BB58 Tudor. Saw pics recently here:
https://forums.timezone.com/in...id=80232#msg_7722808

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
New (to me) Watch Wednesday

I've been chasing a Sinn U1 on bracelet for a couple years now. kept missing ones on auction sites and prices have climbed crazily in the past year. I finally found one from a reputable seller a week ago and won the auction for it. It arrived today. The funds for this came from last year's fire department earnings (I had to add some fun/gun money to that). Wore it today after I unboxed it and absolutely love it. This may edge out my Marathon TSAR as my favorite watch to wear.

IMG_1605 by Brad Benzing, on Flickr

I like that H-link bracelet from Sinn a lot. I've thought about a 556I, but it is sort of pilot-watch-like, and I have a pilot's watch. But . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Brad is that the Sinn U1 fully Tegimented model we talked about back in 2019? If so you scored very well! Congrats!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a sweet Sinn!!! The micro brand watch world copies those iconic hands quite a bit, and for good reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Oh wow. Nice! I think I'm definitely getting a 104 later this year. I'm now fully in love with Sinn's designs.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Brad is that the Sinn U1 fully Tegimented model we talked about back in 2019? If so you scored very well! Congrats!

Alas, only the bezel. The fully tegimented ones have gotten stupid expensive on the rare times one pops up on the used market. So I figured I better jump on this one. However i'm really happy with it.

Thanks all for the compliments on my new watch. I really am enjoying it.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have been commissioned to build a custom Seiko diver based on the Pogue by a good friend of mine who loves the mods I’ve built.

This is my first paying customer who has given me some clear ideas of his idea for the build but has also given me a lot of leeway to use parts and components that I think will work best. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! That is an excellent step forward.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
OK I love chronographs and I ordered one off AliExpress from SanMartin.
It has the hand wound ST19 in it. I'm fond of the ST19 as it's a Venus 175 and a very robust movement.
Seagull does a great job with these movements.
The only con I can find is the brushing and polishing has left the case with sharp edges. Which I'll hone off.

It was $370 shipped.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post