SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 ... 474
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
My Spinnaker/Islander arrived. I like it, size is good. My only complaint is the date background is a weird light grey and hard to read. I will probably put the orange band on for my Spain/Portugal trip next month

Posts: 5349 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks great, but also seems like a big wear?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15373 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Looks great, but also seems like a big wear?

I don't think so, must be the angle. The rest of the watches I wear are bigger, 44-47mm

Posts: 5349 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Great looking watch BigSwede! Does the orange crown move the internal bezel?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21125 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yessir

Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Second pickup of the week just came in which is also a new brand to me. Lum-Tec B55. I picked up a rubber strap for it that I'll most Likely be switching it to.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Size seems to suit your wrist better than the Phantom.
Thought for sure it'd be a Helm based on the cryptic prior teaser post.

Posts: 15373 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
BigSwede, that Spinnaker/Islander is OUTSTANDING! Best looking watch I've seen in a while.

Posts: 32553 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I had this come in today.

Christopher Ward Twelve

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34138 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nice. That's one of the better-looking "AP Royal Oak"-style integrated bracelet/waffle face watches, of which more affordable alternatives to the AP have become quite the rage lately.

Posts: 32553 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Mars, that is a very handsome watch

Thank Rogue

One last pic of the Spislander. The orange band might be a little to loud for me, will wear it today and decide

I told the Mrs. that I would give here a few options for a yellow watch for Christmas, y'all got any favorites? Needs to be at least 42mm, automatic or solar. Under $500

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Nice. That's one of the better-looking "AP Royal Oak"-style integrated bracelet/waffle face watches, of which more affordable alternatives to the AP have become quite the rage lately.

It looks like the Zenith Defy that I covet so much at a fraction of the cost.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34138 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Mars, that is a very handsome watch

Thank Rogue

One last pic of the Spislander. The orange band might be a little to loud for me, will wear it today and decide

I told the Mrs. that I would give here a few options for a yellow watch for Christmas, y'all got any favorites? Needs to be at least 42mm, automatic or solar. Under $500

Movado Alexi X stainless in Yellow

Limited Edition. Alexi x Movado, 40 mm stainless steel case with an engraved health symbol on dial representing one of the four doorways to veganism. Featured on a lemon yellow 100% vegan strap including a special caseback engraved with one of Alexi Lubomirski's life mottos.

Linky

Posts: 23575 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Confused

I'ma pass, I like my more traditional Movado [which needs a battery].

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Uhhh, you are kidding right?

More like this

https://www.heimdallrwatch.com...riant=37579294048444

I already put the steel bracelet back on the orange watch, couldn't take the sparkliness

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My second purchase came in today. I had a coupon to Jomashop on top of the sale.

I've been coveting an IWC Big Pilot forever and this Hamilton Khaki Aviation Pioneer fills the bill for 1/10th the price.

The specs says it's a 38mm, but it easily wears like my 40mm ExplorerII. Must be the long lugs.

The oversized diamond crown is super easy to grasp to wind and set.

The heavily textured tropical dial is super easy to read with the vintage cathedral hands.

The 60 click countdown bezel insert is sapphire instead of scratchable aluminum.

Hamilton knocked this one out of the park.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
steelcityfishanddive, nice score on the B55. Lum Tec makes a hell of a watch. I bought a B47 Max Lum a couple years back that was a little bigger than I anticipated and I used the grey NATO on a different watch for a bit, but the head itself was tried on and then put back in the box. Sell it to you for a good price if you want it, just shoot me an email.

BigSwede, the first brand that comes to mind is Deep Blue. You like >42mm cases, and they do that well. Aragon makes some yellow dial divers in in the 44+mm range as well.

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So…. I did a thing.

Made the mistake of watching some of the utubes and then hit up eBay and amazon, and now I am enjoying a patience/steady hands check.

Bill R

Posts: 1125 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I’ve been tempted by that model but my illogical obsession with screw down crowns has kept me from getting one.

If you aren't diving, a screw down crown isn't necessary. The Hamilton is 10 atmospheres with a non screw down crown. It's a pilot's watch. If you are a pilot 100m down, you are doing it wrong.

Besides, I have so many in rotation, it's actually irritating to unscrew the crown to wind and set, then put wear on the threads screwing it back again. I do keep silicone oil on the threads, but they all will eventually wear out like my Omega Aqua Terra did. It had to go in for service.

I'm in love with the oversized crown. IWC is on to something.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Mars, that Hamilton is totally classy! Simple and stylish!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38720 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post