SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I made an order from Crown and Caliber (Hodinkee) today. They had a $500 off coupon this month.

What'd you get?

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It came in yesterday.

A Seamaster 300!

The photo does not do this dial justice at all!

The printing is so thick, it's like applied letters. The lume is in recessed areas that give even more dimension to the dial.

The ceramic bezel is impregnated with Omega's proprietary metallic markings. It's not paint, it's actually metal melted into the ceramic during manufacture.

Since it's a no-date movement, they put a jumping hour on the first position of the keyless works so you can adjust the time zone easily.

What a great update to their original diver.

This is an absolutely stunning alternative to a Submariner with superior technical features.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34114 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous! That caseback is the most compelling reason to choose Omega over the submariner. One has a name to give it clout where their competitor has a better price, actual watches in their FN case at the boutique AND true work of art movement on full display and thankfully isn’t afraid to flaunt it. Cool

Congrats! That is a hell of a watch! As far as movements go that is one of the most beautiful movements ever made. It looks like the turbine on a jet engine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats on that Seamaster, Mars!

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Looks good without the date complication.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous, Mars!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Love it Mars!

Posts: 3722 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I think one day maybe I’ll own an Omega again, it’s a brand I adore but my AD did a fantastic job at ruining any good vibes I had towards the brand. A Sinn or Omega SMP will likely be my final watch purchase. Though I have to admit Christoper Ward may very well persuade me if they make an in house movement variant of the Abyss and it’s also a Chronograph.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Excellent pickup Mars!

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Seamasters, I had dinner with the wife and some of her coworkers the other night. My eye kept getting drawn to one of guy's watches and I finally asked him what it was. He took it off and handed one of these over, saying "my father bought that in 1967. I claimed it when I went home for his funeral in Manilla two years ago. It didn't run, and the local guy said it was above his abilities, and we sent it off to Switzerland."

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
WOW, a C case 120.

It's VERY worth sending it off to Omega for refurbishment.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34114 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
WOW, a C case 120.

It's VERY worth sending it off to Omega for refurbishment.

YEP!!!
Something about vintage watches. Put the right strap on there and you can keep that vintage, old school feel. Toss something newer on it, and it's a whole different look!

Smudge, that thing is beautiful!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I kept stealing glances at it. Eventually decided I needed to just ask about it, lest he wonder what my problem was. Big Grin

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My first experience with a “vintage” Seiko watch was not good. This Hamilton on the other hand has thus far been a joy to own. I’ve had it for a few months and didn’t want to jinx it by posting how nice it was. It seems like I finally got myself a good “vintage” watch in the collection.

This one is so fun to look at. It checks all the boxes, rotating bezel, interesting dial and a day/date complication.

Kitteh photobomb Big Grin

Love the classic Hamilton “H” logo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
quote:
This one is so fun to look at. It checks all the boxes, rotating bezel, interesting dial and a day/date complication.

Not sure why, but the first word that leapt to mind when I saw the photos was "Soviet". Perhaps it is just to color scheme.

The most effective safety is between your ears

Posts: 234 | Location: Eastern Nebraska | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The lume is an orangish red but it doesn’t last too long. It’s a really unique lume, I’ll have to get a pic, it’s unlike anything in my watch collection.

It is a fairly difficult to find watch. I only found two other examples on the internet and they were both sold for waaaay above what I paid. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
What year? Has that early to mid 60's vibe.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s a 1970-79 Hamilton “devil diver/ racing dial”.

It’s not easy to find much info on these babies.

Here is one with a bracelet. I wish mine still had the original bracelet.
Hamilton devil diver

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
That is funky!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The lume on this baby is wild too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~