SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
That GS Kodo is just awesome.

Added this Planet Ocean to my collection. It was originally purchased in Nov 2021 and traded back in to the same dealer on something else. I've used this dealer for some Oris watches. I saw it become available and traded in one gently worn Oris Pro Pilot Racing edition and added some cash to get this deal. I get the remaining warranty on a watch that's in great condition for a price that I was happy about.

Love the way the blue looks in the light. The liquid metal has a great luster to it.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh wow! Congrats!!! That is a beauty! Cool

Excellent choice on the color too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is a good looking Omega.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
So nice! Congrats!

Posts: 11386 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Love the PO bracelet and the way the lugs taper to the bracelet. And the thin Helvetica font on the bezel.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
The blue Omega above may be partially to blame for this. My AD contact is moving on after a lot of years and I wanted to throw one more sale/commission his way as a parting gesture.

Presenting: #BeachWatch2022 Cool

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Nice. Is that on a nato or a Marine Nationale? I've been wearing my 44mm Deep Blue in a MN stretchy strap and it is SOOOO comfortable.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Nice score rOgue! I came soooooo close to pulling the trigger on one of those. That’s a super comfy watch on the wrist. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I dig that blue bezel r0gue, very beachie Smile. I've been wanting a light brown or tan strap for my Black Bay and just had this one made by Manufakturwerk in Germany, it's Ostrich. Very comfortable!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Nice. Is that on a nato or a Marine Nationale? I've been wearing my 44mm Deep Blue in a MN stretchy strap and it is SOOOO comfortable.

It's a NATO. Very thin though. Super comfortable and with a nice unique buckle. I've had a few Erika's MNs. I like them in many ways, but I find them hard to get buckled

pic from Joma. Not mine.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post

Hexmariner Storm Steel by Revelot. This was the kickstarter project I signed up for first of the year. NOt a bad watch for less than $275. SII NH35 movement.

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
that's a wild dial texture!

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
that's a wild dial texture!

Yes. A bit more subtle than this picture shows in real life. The exposure is a bit over blown here.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Some fine divers on this page. Very nice, guys.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, Y'all givin me the itch!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m so glad one of my favorites came back home and is sporting a brand new case just in time for warm weather. Christopher Ward is hands down one of THE best watch companies in existence right now. They took care of me. Companies that treat me right are always rewarded for their exquisite customer care. The regulation was worth it! This watch, which was 3-4 seconds slow a day is now keeping fantastic time. Cool

I bought something very special from Christopher Ward because of my excellent experience and proper treatment with this C60 Chronograph. I was thinking about an Omega Chronograph but decided to go a more unique direction.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That CW chrono is tasty!!!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
One of the things Christopher Ward nailed besides the dial, case & aesthetic design is their bracelet. The micro adjust built into the clasp isn’t as elegant as Omega’s but it works just as well at a fraction of the cost.

This brand rivals Steinhart in quality & the bang for your buck factor. I have not interacted with Steinhart’s customer service but I can say that CW’s customer care is superb. Their warranty is also very good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Stick,

Are those the same CW's in your pic above?

The top pic looks like a black outer dial and face whereas the bottom pic looks like a blue dial and dark blue outer ring.

Regardless it/they are stunning.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I think it’s the same watch, just from one angle, the AR coating on the crystal is tinting the dial.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post