SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Woo hoo…

now down to 644 on the Helm Komodo list.

Pics soon Wink

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Smile 415

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
We’re slowly getting closer.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bc, that IWC is awesome

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15148 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Bc, that IWC is awesome

Thank you. I really love it. It really wears well. Almost don’t know it’s there most of the time.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Any of you Helm lovers checked out the Ti KuriBhuri on the site. The white dial version looks great.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Discussed
HERE.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Well, the IWC went in for service. Started out wicked accurate, and it runs -10 per day. So I guess it’ll be back at some point in the next 6 weeks or so.

While at the Richemont Botiques, I found what will definitely be the next in the collection. The Breitling Avenger 43 GMT. I will probably go with the white dial as that’s my preferred color, but the black is pretty nice.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'd take the black dial, of the two, but both look nice.

Posts: 15148 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've been drooling over the Breitling Superocean with the blue dial. I'll just keep drooling because the better part of 5k is to rich for my blood.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Any of you Helm lovers checked out the Ti KuriBhuri on the site. The white dial version looks great.

RMD

Got my invitation to buy email this morning, within 3 hours all the white dials were gone, emailed Matt about getting on the list for next batch of white dials. Could get the black dialed one but have my sites set on the white one.

Posts: 3559 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
I had my order for a White dial completed 13 minutes after the invitation email this morning. I'm glad I didn't hesitate.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I had my order for a White dial completed 13 minutes after the invitation email this morning. I'm glad I didn't hesitate.

Well good news after all, went back on line and all of sudden, no longer sold out, it is morning now where Helm is located so maybe they did a reset. Got my order in for a white dial but they were sold out of blue rubber straps, bummer.

Posts: 3559 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Seems Rolex supply is loosening up. All the crypto-billionaires have stopped their insatiable buying now that they're crypto-broke.

Got "the call" for a Sea Dweller (Deep Sea, new model 2022). Probably gonna let the next guy in line have it. But I'll check it out just to see what a 17.7mm thick watch feels like on the wrist. I'll get a pic for y'all.

Word to the wise, if you want a new Rolex. Get in to the AD now and make yourself known. They will start to have them in the back this fall, I'm sure of it.

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I preordered a new Phoibos Apollo titanium and the new Helm Khuraburi Ti (white dial) along with new bracelets for my Vanuatu and Komodo. I ordered a Vanuatu style engineer bracelet for the Komodo. I think that will really look and feel good on my small orange dial diver.

I’ve sold a lot more watches this summer than I bought but there are some interesting new additions in the works.

I wasn’t planning on getting the Apollo, the first Gen was nice but it really grab my attention. The latest Gen for some reason is much more tempting. The pre-order deal that takes off $145 was too tempting. (Code is : APOLLO3A and is good until Aug 20th) I love how the hour hand looks like the lunar lander.

I do not own a single factory titanium watch. I modded a Seiko SKX with a titanium case and love how light it is. I am eager to own a watch where both the case and bracelet are made from titanium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21060 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I am eager to own a watch where both the case and bracelet are made from titanium.

I've got one; I love it. I love my heavy Seiko Samurai models, and it's a world of difference when I put the "old faithful" titanium chrono on. It's an interesting thing for me -- I love a [moderately] heavy watch, because I know it's there. And I love a very light watch, because I can forget it's there. Cool

I think a titanium SKX would be pretty danged cool. Or a Ti Samurai! Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13421 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've only had one all titanium watch - bracelet. A Seiko Kinetic (1st generation) SKJ048P1 I acquired back in 1997. It was like not wearing anything it was so light.

Gave it to my youngest son well over a decade ago. It has had 4 replacement capacitors over the years, lastly 3 years ago.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Still ticking?

I have a Kinetic I bought in about 1996. I need to check on it -- haven't worn it in a while.

God bless America.

Posts: 13421 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
This all titanium Citizen I got from Dave Truong 4 or 5 years ago probably gets more wrist time than any of my watches. So lightweight you hardly know you're wearing it, despite its size.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That's a nice Citizen, just not a fan of a cyclops