SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Pulicords, that GS is quite fantastic. Looks really, really nice. Appears to be in excellent condition. Congratulations. It’s a beautiful timepiece.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Holy Smokes! Wouldn't have guessed I'd see BP here. Very cool Snapping Twigs! Also great GS Pulicords. I've had a few of each in and out of my hands over the years. Very satisfying watches.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That GS is superb. If Seiko gave me free reign to design my idea of the perfect watch I wouldn’t stray too far from that masterpiece! Enjoy it! It is truly magnificent!

I’ve been wearing this 5000ft WR rated diver quite a bit lately. I went to a work event with my wife and got to test drive a $3500 kayak that was hands down one of the most tippy yet fast things I’ve ever paddled. Thankfully I didn’t tip it over but I came dang close a few times at first. I don’t think tipping the yak over would have hurt this baby.

Hello blue anti reflective coating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Week at the beach with the FXD. A superb #BeachWatch2022!
Hell, this may just stick as BeachWatch for a few years to come.

Obligatory proof-test. It went deeper than this of course, but my iPhone didn't come along for the rest. Smile

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I love it! A diver actually getting salty at the beach. Beautiful watch rOgue. I was mighty tempted by one of those. If Tudor makes a BB58 blue GMT I’ll be a Tudor owner. Cool It was the watch above yours and a Sun 1200T Searambler that kept me from becoming a BB58 owner but maybe that’ll change.

My summer watch (which I have not posted any pics of yet) has been a major let down. It’s going back to the mother ship and will miss my beach vacation. Oh well. I suppose playing soccer with a $2500 COSC watch wasn’t smart and I managed to “modify” it’s timekeeping performance to sub new auto Seiko territory but thankfully the warranty is dang good. To be completely fair it’s timekeeping was not good even before a spirited game of soccer and probably warranted a trip back but I was hoping it would break in and improve before I sent it back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I LOVE the divers!!! The strap on the Tudor is fantastic rOgue!!!

Gotta question for you all. I DON'T own this watch, but caught sight of it last week while tracking down my GS. I'm not even in the market to buy anything right now, but I thought this limited edition Zodiac Super Sea Wolf GMT Neon was fantastic and wanted to know what other SF members that are watch people think?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'd prefer a different color than lime green, but looks like a nice piece.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
This one works for me.
I'm very satisfied and not only is it super accurate, it is comfortable on the bracelet, extremely easy for my old eyes to read and the design of the hands makes them catch light in a most unusual way. In twilight the metal frame of the hands seems to gather all available light and self illuminate - and I'm not talking about the lume.

Please excuse the crappy photos.

Lume isn't half bad either.

Beautiful diver Twig!

I just received my Grand Seiko GMT yesterday. Even more beautiful in person than what I'd seen online. I'm very fortunate to have found one of these as about 20 were exported to the USA and I got this one at a very fair price.

Thanks Pulicords!

You wouldn't believe how close I came to getting the TT version of that watch with blue dial/bezel.

Fortunately, I was never able to handle one in person, so I kept myself in check.

I can't afford an AP, but IMO the BP is pretty close and the bang for the buck made me almost sprain my wrist grabbing the cash to buy it. Smile

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Holy Smokes! Wouldn't have guessed I'd see BP here. Very cool Snapping Twigs! Also great GS Pulicords. I've had a few of each in and out of my hands over the years. Very satisfying watches.

Thanks rOgue!

I believe I will be satisfied for quite a while.
This was on my radar since I was a young lad. As time and age progressed, debt paid, income increased and while in good health I am closer to the end than the beginning, I caved to my base nature. I was finally able to justify it without going to a rice and beans/ramen diet. Smile

Mosso raved about the movement and finish being beyond AP and the price being so low in comparison, resistance was futile.

It's scratching a lot of itches.

The shape of the hands collects any available light, so in dim conditions or twilight, the hands appear to be illuminated - not talking about the lume here, just the frame of the hands. Old school raised crystal is nice too.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
FedEx just dropped off a package…

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Very very nice!!! Congrats copaup! That’s a beautiful Sinn. That brand has been tempting me for a looooooooooong time. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge Zodiac fan. I have two of them.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Very nice U2, I know I love mine.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I’m really impressed with it so far. It just feels…solid. If I had to nitpick I’d say that I wish the lune was a little brighter (Its Ok, but not great) and maybe that the second time zone hand was a red triangle instead of just the arrow to make it stand out more. Both are deliberate design choices and are just minor quibbles. Build quality and finish work are out of this world. It feels like you could beat a shark to death with it after bailing out of a sub at 2000m down.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Since I finally got around to finding a place to host photos, here are a few of my other watches.

I picked this Ward GMT up last year when they were closing them out. Fantastic watch and what I wear most often when I'm off work or travelling. Big fan of Christopher Ward. I've got 3 of their watches and they all hit well above their price range.

My Marathon GSAR. I wear this to work almost daily. I considered this a tank of a watch. My new Sinn makes it feel...dainty.

This Yema is kind of a mixed bag for me. I love the look and it's one of the most legible dials I've ever seen, but it runs about +30 seconds a day fast.

And finally, my Seamaster. This was my Father in Law's watch that passed on to me. It wears a bit smaller than I prefer (it's the mid size) but has tremendous sentimental value and is the most accurate mechanical watch I've ever had. When it came back from it's last service it is running less than a second fast per day on average.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Those Sinns are really nice, then I looked on Chrono24 & got a bit of sticker shock.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Those Sinns are really nice, then I looked on Chrono24 & got a bit of sticker shock.

Oh yeah. They’ve gone up over the last few years. It’s in lower tier Omega pricing now. On the other hand, it’s made out of German submarine hull steel that has been surface hardened to a ridiculous level and is water proof to 2000 meters. It’s an amazingly German bit of engineering. Plus if you get in a fist fight with a giant squid you can use it as a fist load.

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Helm just announced a Titanium Khuraburi, hurry and get on that list. I am 102 so i should be on first batch.

https://helmwatches.com/khuraburi-titaniumbuild.html

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Sinn watches… I picked this up a while back and am really enjoying it. I considered the U1 & U2, but they’re larger than I like. The U50 is the same size as my 104, which I consider ideal for my 7” wrist (41mm x 11mm). Of course, I’ll only be able to dive to 500 meters and not the 1,000 or 2,000 Cool

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
Speaking of Sinn watches… I picked this up a while back and am really enjoying it. I considered the U1 & U2, but they’re larger than I like. The U50 is the same size as my 104, which I consider ideal for my 7” wrist (41mm x 11mm). Of course, I’ll only be able to dive to 500 meters and not the 1,000 or 2,000 Cool

I like the U50 but I have 8.5” wrists so I am sure would look small on me.