SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 483
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
With all this talk about Helms, she’s due to have her pic reposted

BTW, that’s Ollie sleeping in the background.

Posts: 3815 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^

When I die, I want to figure out how much money I spent because of this forum.
Cool

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8522 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^ so true, after all, I had never heard of Helm watches until this thread. Must admit though, the forum doesn’t steer you wrong!

Posts: 3815 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
More about Helm...

I just checked my place in line for the Miyako and I'm at #69. Shouldn't be too much longer before I get the email. I'll be selecting the blue dial.

Then checked status of the Vanuatu Titanium and I'm way down at #3328. That'll take a while...

Regarding their leather straps, they mention a tobacco and whisky color. I assume the tobacco is the lighter (tan) of the two? Anyone ever purchased one?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39222 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A blue Miyako would he my choice too

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15976 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Goodness, y'all, Stickman has put another Samurai in front of me -- SRPL15.

Evidently this is a "mini-Sam," measuring in as a 42mm instead of the 44mm I'm used to. Same 4R35 movement, but with the date window moved to "4:30."

SRPL15 is one of three configurations (11, 13, and 15). Fratello has an article about them here. Oddly (for me), I almost like the red one (SRPL13).

I surely don't need another Samurai, but I'm very eager to see these new models in person.

God bless America.

Posts: 13859 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Nice addition. I also like the red one...though I see it as SRLP11. I've never owned a red dialed watch, but it is appealing.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39222 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The SRPL15 gets the nod from me, but would prefer it on a matching black bracelet
The red isn't bad, but not my favorite. Would love to see a blue of green option. Maybe an orange version of the 15...

Posts: 15976 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33036 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I like that!

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Rogue: That's a nice looking watch! I really like the clarity and simplicity of the dial. Well done!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10260 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Matches my uniform too. Big Grin

It's an Islander "Ghost" Bayport: https://longislandwatch.com/is...-white-dial-isl-173/

Posts: 33036 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Found a ring...

Posts: 4179 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Classy!

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Thanks 6guns. My daughter just sent me another ring that matches very well.

Posts: 4179 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Where did she find that ring? Very interesting.

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
She said she looked up watchband style men's SS rings

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’ve got something sweet heading my way from Japan! Cool

More to come soon. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I’ve got something sweet heading my way from Japan! Cool

More to come soon. Big Grin

Looking forward to some sweet rare JDM market Grand Seiko pics Wink

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
She said she looked up watchband style men's SS rings

https://swiminjewelry.com/prod...EXL_fCBoCv0cQAvD_BwE

Amazon has them too.