SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 485
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I've never been much of a watch guy but I haven't been able to get the Tudor Pelagos out of my head. Pulled the trigger on one a few days ago and got it today. Beautiful! Can't hold a candle to some of the watches in here but I'm glad to have it. Pictured with my daily driver CS

Congrats on a terrific watch that makes a great pairing with your pistol!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10271 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I wasn’t expecting a Christopher Ward #Tide strap to work so well on the SEIKO 5 Sports SBSA177 Kosuke Kawamura Collaboration!

I am pleasantly surprised to see this watch is now typically selling for almost double what I paid for mine new at the boutique!

The strap works perfectly with that watch and I'm betting it's more comfortable than wearing it on a bracelet. A very cool combination!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10271 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pulicords!

Today I traded my coworker a Seiko mod of mine for a plus size 27.5 X 2.8 wheel set for my next mountain e-bike build. This is his first automatic mechanical watch and he seems pretty happy. He got my Stealth SK5/X which is a Seiko 5 sport blacked out with a DLC aftermarket SKX case and screw down crown. Big Grin

Today I wore my Sea Urchin that I got from VThoky. This might be my new work watch. It is dang comfy and neat looking!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21245 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I like the black day/date.
Nice piece.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Today I wore my Sea Urchin that I got from VThoky. This might be my new work watch. It is dang comfy and neat looking!

It IS a comfy one!

God bless America.

Posts: 13935 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another eBay dial find, I’ve been working out what I wanted for this one for a few months now off and on.

Then the bracelet from Uncle showed up and I figured out I had it…

Unfortunately the dial has a couple scratches, but love the texture on the markers enough to marks.

Bill R

Posts: 1142 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That watch looks excellent! That strap looks really good on that watch and matches it well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21245 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That watch looks excellent! That strap looks really good on that watch and matches it well.

It’s a little loose, but I think that’s more the end pieces are sized for a Samurai case, and this is… something else. Close, but definitely off a bit.

Other than that, and the fact that it’s a colossal pain to resize, it’s a cool bracelet. They call it Razorwire. It’s definitely a striking look, but also very comfortable on the wrist.

Bill R

Posts: 1142 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO] https://youtube.com/embed/EBtD...?si=B4jkYEBnsOzVhp9a [FLASH_VIDEO]

Well….that didn’t work. Anyone know how to embed a YouTube short?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That's a purty watch

Posts: 5586 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
[FLASH_VIDEO] https://youtube.com/embed/EBtD...?si=B4jkYEBnsOzVhp9a [FLASH_VIDEO]

you hit the share button, and you will see embed video, you click that and it will open up alot of script in between <> on the right side. Copy and paste all that between flash video on the forum

Posts: 3813 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
quote:

you hit the share button, and you will see embed video, you click that and it will open up alot of script in between <> on the right side. Copy and paste all that between flash video on the forum
OOP! just saw the short part going to have to look into that

Posts: 3813 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I bought a Garmin Instinct 2 Solar from my coworker for about 1/2 the going price last week. I’ve always wanted someone to make a smart watch that can recharge via solar.

I’m not about to sell off my vast automatic mechanical collection but I do have to admit that I REALLY like this watch and its capabilities.

Functions I like and use:
Sleep tracker
Heart rate tracker
Sunrise/sunset time
Step counter
Fitness tracker
Customizable screen
Solar intensity over the past 6 hours
100m WR
Solar recharge and plug in recharge capability
30 day power reserve that extends with solar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
A decision has been made in the Seiko vs Grand Seiko debate. It was an extremely difficult decision but thus far I am quite pleased with my choice. The timing was nice as I managed to get an additional 10% off an already generously discounted watch. Cool More to come soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Stick is holding out on you guys, building the suspense.

Razz

- - - -

(Edited for spelling.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vthoky,

God bless America.

Posts: 13935 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39324 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the delay. I wanted to get some better pics and have a bit of time with the watch before I posted anything. Yesterday at work was also a hell of a day so that added to my delayed response.

The Seiko SNR031 is discreet luxury done damn well. It doesn’t flaunt its eyebrow raising MSRP and to those who are not watch nerds it does not scream luxury dive watch at all. It came down to a flashy high beat Grand Seiko GMT (Sea Of Clouds) or this spring drive diver and since I LOVE stealthy divers as well as titanium cased watches I went with the understated Seiko that has one hell of a movement. It is shocking and quite satisfying to witness the accuracy of this watch, which is still perfectly synchronized to atomic time.

As far as “Seiko” branded divers go I consider this one to be THE absolute best. Best movement, best material and best finish. There are small details I love with this watch that you notice when you look at it closely. One small detail that I didn’t even notice until having this watch for a day or two is how the chapter ring has sections carved out to make room for the indices similar to the Seiko Monster and Tudor Pelagos.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Seiko with great lume and spring drive!!! Great pick Stickman!!! This model isn't available in the US, is it?

I received my custom G-Shock from IFL but unfortunately I had an issue with the date pointer not functioning correctly. I contacted Casio as well as IFL (in Sweden) and shipped my watch to the Casio repair center in California prior to hearing back from IFL later than day.

Although IFL advised me that Casio might not do work on customized watches like this, they did so and I received it back in fine order within a week. Now that I've got it, I swapped out the heavy OEM rubber strap with a set of lugs from "JaysandKays" that enables me to use single pass NATO straps or any other strap (by removing the bars provided). I think the result is pretty comfy as well and as versatile as it is good looking.

posted Hide Post
Look what came today all the way from India just in time for St. Paddy’s Day. Taken on a berm above the Missouri River at a new housing development take. The Labs for a rabbit chasing exercise.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 4144 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post