SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... 473
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stylophiles:
Got my Deep Blue in, and so far, very impressed!

It seems to be just about everything I would want for a work watch, maybe minus tritium, but even there I’m not sure I’d “need need” it. For $149, this a very so,I’d chunk of quality!

Bill R

I like to wear mine while boating because if the need arises, I can always use it as an anchor.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10488 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I've been tempted by a Deep Blue a few times, especially for the price, but they don't make a watch with a 42mm case. I know that sounds like a Goldilocks statement, but 44mm is too huge on my wrist and 40mm is just a bit on the tiny side, 42mm is perfect.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Citizen has FINALLY listened to its fans and revamped their line of automatic divers with a neat new blacked out titanium automatic diver as well as few other variants for those who don’t dig the stealth look.

From the link below: (I didn’t know about this until today)

“ In 1983, a barnacle-covered, Citizen Challenge Diver from 1977 was retrieved from an Australian beach. Much to the wide-eyed surprise of its discoverers, this watch was still running as if nothing had happened as its case protected its movement from water and dirt. This awe-inspiring find inspired Citizen’s newest dive watch, the Promaster Mechanical Diver 200M “Fujitsubo” Full Black Ref. NB6025-59H, which is a modern take on the original 1977 dive watch. ”

Link to new Ti Citizen Promaster diver

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That silver/blue combo is such a classic look. Is it exclusive to Japanese sellers..?

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Oh boy! More Mercedes hands. Roll Eyes

I have an unreasonable dislike of those. Probably due to having to see them on every one of the flood of Rolex copies/clones/homages/knock-offs.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Oh boy! More Mercedes hands. Roll Eyes

I have an unreasonable dislike of those. Probably due to having to see them on every one of the flood of Rolex copies/clones/homages/knock-offs.

That was my initial thought as well but it turns out the 1977 watch they are basing it off of had the same hands. Personally it’s one area where I would have “reinterpreted” the design and used different hands.

Here is the original.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Some Monster/Samurai hands would look great on there.
I prefer the arrowhead second hand & like the Monster hour hand over the MB logo.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Samurai

Now you're talking! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite Chronographs on a nature trail a few days ago.

66 tubes of tritium make this watch bright at night but it’s also pretty good looking in the sun too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Stick!
Our lovely local pusher -- I mean, um -- jeweler friend is tempting us again with a 24% off sale.

SRPE33...

(Pic snatched from Jomashop.)

Mighty tempting.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That's a looker, just move the crown to 4 o'clock
I've gotten spoiled to that feature.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

Damn dude! Looks GREAT!
This place is really making it hard to keep money in my pocket!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a really good looking Samurai vthoky. You thinking about getting one? The manta dial is one of my favorites. Pics don’t do it justice.

Another one to consider that has a sort of similar vibe going is the limited Blue Lagoon Samurai reference: SRPB09. I was extremely fortunate to procure one from a fellow watch enthusiast in Florida. My version isn’t mint and its previous owner definitely wore it but it’s in pretty good shape.

This and the limited run DLC Samurai with the orange minute hand are my two favorite versions of the Samurai.

P250UAS, the crown location kept me from getting a Samurai (for a little while Big Grin ) but I can confidently say the design of the case profile and crown makes the Samurai every bit as comfortable as Seiko’s watches with 4 o’clock crowns.

If anything I’d like to see Seiko bring back the Titanium Samurai. The original had a Ti case but unfortunately it also had a 7S movement so no hacking.

Blue Lagoon Samurai. Easy on the eyes but out of production for a few years so you would be having to find a clean pre owned example. Kind of a bummer but great deals are out there on pre owned Seiko divers. Big Grin

If memory serves me correct JHE888 has the turtle version. It’s what got me into the blue lagoon variants. The turtle version is gorgeous too.

That little bit of yellow on the chapter ring and seconds hand really pops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s a really good looking Samurai vthoky. You thinking about getting one? The manta dial is one of my favorites. Pics don’t do it justice.

I keep talking myself into and out of buying it. Lots of good, responsible reasons not to. But dang, it's a sweet one. I've seen it in person, and yes it's hard to capture that dial in pics. As I type this, I have just under 22-1/2 hours to take advantage of the sale. It's not super bargain, but it's way better than retail.

quote:
This and the limited run DLC Samurai with the orange minute hand are my two favorite versions of the Samurai.

SRPH11? Yeah, man. Cool

quote:
I’d like to see Seiko bring back the Titanium Samurai.

Holy cow, YES!

God bless America.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yep the SRPH11 is the one I was referencing….DLC with the orange minute hand that pops almost like some Doxa divers. I couldn’t resist. Big Grin It probably won’t appreciate as much as the limited & numbered turtle did but that’s ok. Being that the whole run of SRPH11’s are individually numbered probably hurts the collectibility. Some of those JDM “ninja turtle” variants are crazy expensive.
But they were a part of a MUCH more limited run so it makes sense.

I was hesitant to get a samurai mainly for the reason P250UA5 mentioned (the crown) but once I did get one I was pleasantly surprised by the super comfy ergonomics and gorgeous aesthetics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Love my blue Monster
If I got a Sam, it would probably be orange, or something in blue with more contrast than the Monster has.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Someone say orange Seiko?

Just picked this up, as part of a two-for-one deal. I've been wanting a SRPE57, and got that and this SRPD59 - both lightly used - for the same price as a new SRPE alone.

Wasn't sure I'd like it, but after wearing it for the first time today it's already growing on me.

(Gonna have to do something about this cheap factory bracelet, thought...)

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice!

quote:
Love my blue Monster

Cool

quote:
If I got a Sam, it would probably be orange, or something in blue with more contrast than the Monster has.

Good call, sir!

God bless America.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just picked this up, as part of a two-for-one deal. I've been wanting a SRPE57, and got that and this SRPD59 - both lightly used - for the same price as a new SRPE alone.

Wasn't sure I'd like it, but after wearing it for the first time today it's already growing on me.

(Gonna have to do something about this cheap factory bracelet, thought...)

Gorgeous!! Orange dial Seiko divers definitely have a way of growing on ya. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

True. I keep talking myself into and out of looking for an orange Samurai.

There's a fellow at the trap range who wears an orange Monster. That thing is way good looking.

God bless America.