SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
Seiko Save the Ocean

I've got a secondhand SRPD09 Save the Ocean Samurai. The blue on this face is just amazing in sunlight.

quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
for the first time ever a Sumo caught my attention.

Our friend in your neighborhood, stick, has a Sumo titanium that's been getting [probably too much of] my attention. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Woke to the email from Helm that I’ll be getting my order email in the next five days for my Komodo. Now to really figure out what colorway to go with. I think the only one that is for sure a nope is the black dial with aqua lume. Leaning towards the orange dial, but the white with aqua looks great. Could probably wear the black dial and white lume with anything, but where’s the fun in that? Wink

love mine in orange

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
Seiko Save the Ocean

I've got a secondhand SRPD09 Save the Ocean Samurai. The blue on this face is just amazing in sunlight.

Trade you straight up for a pretty blue Monster Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Tell ya what... this particular Samurai could be yours. Wink

I'll email ya.

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
My wife looked at me like I was crazy, but I pulled the bracelet off my Speedmaster. Two reasons. One, I spend my day at work at a keyboard and it scratches the heck out of the clasp on a bracelets (with the exception my my apparently indestructible Sinn). Two, the Speedy just looks so good on just about any strap you put it on. It’s fun to mix and match. My new work look…

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
My wife looked at me like I was crazy, but I pulled the bracelet off my Speedmaster. Two reasons. One, I spend my day at work at a keyboard and it scratches the heck out of the clasp on a bracelets (with the exception my my apparently indestructible Sinn). Two, the Speedy just looks so good on just about any strap you put it on. It’s fun to mix and match. My new work look…

Nice looking strap!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Where'd you get that blue line strap?

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
https://www.crownandbuckle.com/

Crown and Buckle. I've gotten a bunch of straps from them over the years. I really like their Chevron straps. It's a one piece strap that centers the buckle under the wrist. Isn't as bulky as a NATO and they've got a texture to them that I find pleasing.

They also sell really nice NATO straps in a couple of different varieties from shiny smooth seatbelt like weave to coarser matte weaves.

I need to get all of mine together and sort them by size. I have straps from 19 to 22mm that have somehow gotten all mixed up.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
You are 100% correct. The Speedmaster’s timeless black & white makes strap options nearly limitless. Great looking watch/strap combo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

It looks good on everything I’ve tried it on. I really like this classic Bond pattern. Most people go with the black and grey, and I have one as well, but this is closer to Bond’s strap from Dr No.

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup: ...this is closer to Bond’s strap from Dr No.

Close, but -- in the photo at least -- it looks like the main color is black, whereas in Goldfinger, Bond's RAF strap was blue, like this one:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5Yg...ond%2BMovieStrap.jpg

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I’ve got that one too, but in 22mm. I might have gone through a period of strap addiction.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Another MoonSwatch variant, read it may be an actual limited release.
Only difference is the gold second hand, along with a $25 upcharge

Posts: 15312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why-o-why do I open this thread (to my addiction)?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
You are 100% correct. The Speedmaster’s timeless black & white makes strap options nearly limitless. Great looking watch/strap combo!

I posted about the quality of the Omega Speedy a few months ago and how the Speedmaster is one of the few watches that can pull off a multitude of looks and fit a variety of needs just by swapping out the band!

Not too many other watches can pull that off.

Leather, different hides (Alligator, Ostridge...) NATO, Stainless...
All look good on the watch.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8340 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Interesting!
I'm curious if they fixed the problems of the color bleeding off on your skin.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8340 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Interesting!
I'm curious if they fixed the problems of the color bleeding off on your skin.

I think that was only certain models, not all of them.
IIRC, Neptune was the worst about it.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
As Captain Willard once said “never get off the boat”. Big Grin Pics from a previous summer ferry boat ride where we took explored the coastal areas surrounding Southport NC.

SPB183 55th Anniversary (hence the gold second hand)

A Namoki mod case designed to look like the Willard. They got some things right but overall the real case is MUCH better. Eventually I’ll get around to modding it again since I have procured a real OEM SPB183 blue dial and hands. Cool

This dial/hands/movement might end up in a Gold turtle I’ve been wanting to mod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Both are very nice, but the skeletonized hands on the 2nd piece seem to get a bit lost on that face.
I give the edge to the former.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
https://www.crownandbuckle.com/

Crown and Buckle. I've gotten a bunch of straps from them over the years. I really like their Chevron straps. It's a one piece strap that centers the buckle under the wrist. Isn't as bulky as a NATO and they've got a texture to them that I find pleasing.

They also sell really nice NATO straps in a couple of different varieties from shiny smooth seatbelt like weave to coarser matte weaves.

I need to get all of mine together and sort them by size. I have straps from 19 to 22mm that have somehow gotten all mixed up.

Crown and Buckle has a really nice variety of straps and their prices are quite reasonable. I recently changed the Strap on my Sinn U1 to this:

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
The Christopher Ward on the left has what is pretty close the the original Bond strap (blue with green stripes and red border). The Speedmaster has what is thought of as the Bond strap, even by Omega (black with dark grey stripes). I like them both, but the “new” Bond is probably my preference, followed by the retro Bond with black instead of blue. The blue strap is just a little busier than I like most of the time.