SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Metallica - Post up your reviews of the new album - <The Good the Bad, and the Ugly>
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Metallica - Post up your reviews of the new album - <The Good the Bad, and the Ugly> Login/Join 
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:
Now that We're Dead video is posted.

I like it all the way around. Solid video. Good, catchy tune. Seems to be a good bit of variety on this album. I'm digging it.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
The more songs I hear the more this sounds like an album and not isolated "not Metallica" songs.

I don't think I'd say it's blowing me away, I wasn't expecting it to. Hoping, yeah, not expecting. But so far I feel like it's going to stick around better than anything since the Black Album (Garage, Inc notwithstanding). Specifically looking at Load, Reload, St Anger, and Death Magnetic.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Here Comes Revenge

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
OH FUCK YES!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Am I Savage?

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I've been waiting to hear that one!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Halo On Fire video

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Look forward to watching these later after the wife and dogs go to be and I can crank up the headphones.

Just a space saver for later.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
Dream No More.

Edited; changed to music video version

Feels very Load/Reload. I liked those for what they were, but this feels like a departure from what we've seen so far.

It's not bad. I'd still pass.

Like this one a lot so far. Has a huge Load/Reload vibe, which apparently in the minority, I like a lot.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Murder One. Featuring an animated Lemmy, appears to be a tribute. Love the video.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cunfusion.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZChXK2rdr9M" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I think the video helps a lot, but I like this one a lot too... One of the stronger songs on the album. Kirk's solo is short, but good.

I'm going to watch the rest, but pretty much seals it that I am actually going to buy this album, and buy the first CD I have bought in nearly 10 years....

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Please do not blaspheme on new Metallica day.

Was that directed at me? Should I remove my commentary?

ManUNkind (graphic material warning - wrist slitting and some other stuff)

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tUVr2xnGIEo" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Not a huge fan of this one, with or witout the video.

But, really, a "trigger warning?" I see worse than that on a Tuesday....

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Please do not blaspheme on new Metallica day.

Was that directed at me? Should I remove my commentary?
(graphic material warning - wrist

Just an attempt at humor buddy. Wink

Best song thus far right here!!
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O899CrTlQwU" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Also love this one.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:
Now that We're Dead video is posted.

I like it all the way around. Solid video. Good, catchy tune. Seems to be a good bit of variety on this album. I'm digging it.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QlF4rhAbwyc" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

This song rocks too. Dudes(s) this is a TOTAL Load/Reload vibe and I LOVE IT.

They are back to making MUSIC and I am a HUGE fan.

They may be some old Matlock watching, Denny's Early Bird Special Eating Motherfuckers.... but THIS is good rock and roll music.

I don't care, I love it.

Thank god for good Metallica again.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here Comes Revenge

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FpF8Wa2yQH0" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Hell fucking yeah.... Now THAT is Metallica.... This is easisly the best Album since Garage Inc.... Damn....

posted Hide Post
Halo on Fire is a damn good song. Video is just OK although it does have some nice eye candy Cool

Here Comes Revenge I liked, although the video wasn't my style. Though I'm sure a lot of people do like it.

Spit Out the Bone is a nice fast song. Another video I didn't care too much for. Though the first half was better than the second. Once the fighting started it was pretty cheesy

Overall, I'm really digging this album. I'll definitely pick it up (and might pick it up tomorrow if I have time). Moth into Flame and Halo on Fire are my early favorites. Now that We're Dead, Here Comes Revenge and ManUNkind would probably follow.

quote:
The first single or two they release from a new album always seems "middle of the road" to me. Nothing great, nothing awful. But there are usually several other songs that I like a lot more on the rest of the album. So I'm kind of hoping for the same thing here.

I posted that when they released the Hardwired single. Glad it was the same with this album where the first single was kind of middle of the road.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
The last two were posted after I went to bed;

Spit Out The Bone

Lords of Summer

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Holy crap! Now that We're Dead is probably my new favorite song. That riff!!!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to figure out the Confusion video. I think it is about a business woman of some type having flashbacks and suffering some type of combat related PTSD.

It is actually a pretty good video, but I hear Lars saying in that Lars voice, "Ya know...I think it would be cool if, cool if , ya know, we made the soldier a woman. "

ETA -

"Spit Out The Bone" really rocks, and the video does not end like you would think.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Metallica.

You've been missed!

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post