SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Metallica - Post up your reviews of the new album - <The Good the Bad, and the Ugly>
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Metallica - Post up your reviews of the new album - <The Good the Bad, and the Ugly> Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Moth into Flame, live on Jimmy Fallon last night...I really like this track as a live version. So much fun getting to watch Kirk shred a bit....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Also loving the fact they turned up the mix on the bass guitar. You can actually hear Rob Trujillo play on the studio and the live version.

Something cool on Youtube out there is the "And Justice For Jason..." mixes.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Moth into Flame, live on Jimmy Fallon last night...I really like this track as a live version. So much fun getting to watch Kirk shred a bit....

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dBHSvxG-F_k" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Hell... Fucking... Yeah!!!!

James actually getting to sing a bit and playing power chords, Kirk doing guitar fills and shredding, Lars back to normal and doing drum fills, and a bass line you can actually hear.

This song kicks ass.

THIS is exactly what I have been waiting for from Metallica.

LOVE IT!!!!

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Recording Moth into Flame.
Nice shirt!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump for tomorrow. They will release the song "Atlas Rise" tomorrow

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
bump for tomorrow. They will release the song "Atlas Rise" tomorrow

Good bump. Just about to do the same...I am really digging this album so far!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
3rd track added in OP...

Son of a bitch I am really going to like this whole album!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
The song Atlas Rise, I like a lot.

The video posted... my god, did they record this at the nursing home?

I've never felt so old in my life as a fan, which means they gotta be eating their Tapioca pudding waiting for Matlock and Murder She Wrote reruns after their 4:30 pm dinner....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Fourth video out and they are releasing a video for every song on the album in two hour intervals today!

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Dream No More.

Edited; changed to music video version

Feels very Load/Reload. I liked those for what they were, but this feels like a departure from what we've seen so far.

It's not bad. I'd still pass.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rustpot,

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Cunfusion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rustpot,

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Please do not blaspheme on new Metallica day.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

Was that directed at me? Should I remove my commentary?

ManUNkind (graphic material warning - wrist slitting and some other stuff)

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope he was joking, but PLEASE do not remove your commentary. As long term Metallica fans we've earned the right to criticize; as well as celebrate.

Plus this is MY original thread ! I want to know everyone's opinion...see the updated thread title! (Bonus karma points if you get the reference! You BETTER get the reference!) Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Confusion and Dream No More are going to be songs that grow on me. They don't have that initial "umph" that some songs like Moth into Flame have.

ManUNkind I like. The video is definitely WTF but in kind of a good way, if that makes sense Wink

I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

(graphic material warning - wrist

Just an attempt at humor buddy. Wink

Best song thus far right here!!

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:
Confusion and Dream No More are going to be songs that grow on me. They don't have that initial "umph" that some songs like Moth into Flame have.

ManUNkind I like. The video is definitely WTF but in kind of a good way, if that makes sense Wink

I'm going to listen to everything without watching the videos. Confusion was somewhat distracting as I was watching the combat scenes.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:

I'm going to listen to everything without watching the videos. Confusion was somewhat distracting as I was watching the combat scenes.

The videos are a bit distracting.
I can't stop listening to Halo on Fire.

posted Hide Post
Now that We're Dead video is posted.

I like it all the way around. Solid video. Good, catchy tune. Seems to be a good bit of variety on this album. I'm digging it.