SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
They’re setting a hard pace of increasingly better episode content. How long can they keep that up? I caught up on the latest with the wife and had to explain how Star Wars nerds the world over were exclaiming “yes” and why. She didn’t understand why I was saying “they’ve fixed one of the more broken parts of Star Wars”. Apparently I need to have her go back and watch Star Wars Episode V and VI.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I like how Mando was able to dig through the wreckage and fish out the two things that are most important.

Maybe the knob is Beskar too? Big Grin

Ah-HA! A clue as to why Grogu is so attracted to the knob!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Did he leave his jet pack behind? He took it off in the initial confrontation with Boba Fett and I never saw him with it again after the battle with the storm troopers.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did he leave his jet pack behind?

I have grave concerns over his missing rifle as well.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
But he does have a sharp stick made of pure beskar

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Windhover:
But he does have a sharp stick made of pure beskar

Does it disintegrate his target? Big Grin

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, Boba Fett, then Fett is fighting, then he's joining the mandalorian? My inner star wars nerd nearly fainted. Oh wait, Slave 1 too? I need a cigarette. Disney spent millions on 3 movies and these last two made for tv episodes were 1000 times better, just unbelievable.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3536 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Total nerd-gasm. That was the coolest episode yet!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
If that’s Fett’s theme, music-wise, they mailed that too.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
Did he leave his jet pack behind? He took it off in the initial confrontation with Boba Fett and I never saw him with it again after the battle with the storm troopers.

Michael

You'd have thought after Djarin, Fett and Fennec had come to agree about protecting the child, and then seeing the imperial transport descend, he'd have slapped the jet pack on and got up to Grogu but, alas the need to insert drama...Star Wars Tactics Roll Eyes

>>>Rumor theory<<< Djarin is killed at the end of the season trying to protect Grogu. Boba Fett becomes the central character and thus, the long running story of a separate Boba Fett-series, is actually The Mandalorian

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought his jet pack could be remote controlled. Couldn't he just guide it to him? I know.. it's the drama. I hope the the rumor about Djarin is wrong. There's potential for a lot of character development. Maybe Boba gets killed defending the child but who would want to be responsible for killing him again. I'll just hope no cool character dies, I'm still mourning for the IG88 droid.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3536 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Not paying this, but it is tempting

https://www.sideshow.com/colle...-collectibles-400369

https://youtu.be/8hNCFWC_ki4

Sideshow has parted me from many dollars...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I thought his jet pack could be remote controlled. Couldn't he just guide it to him? I know.. it's the drama. I hope the the rumor about Djarin is wrong. There's potential for a lot of character development. Maybe Boba gets killed defending the child but who would want to be responsible for killing him again. I'll just hope no cool character dies, I'm still mourning for the IG88 droid.

I thought it stupid that Mando just 'forgot' his jetpack. It would have been MUCH faster to just jet up there to grab the child instead of running (you know, like us 21st century peons have to do). Of course, then the drama of racing the dark troopers to the top of the hill would not have taken place. Or, how about Mando not noticing that the giant blue beacon faded out 2 seconds after he left the hilltop to 'protect' the Child? It was sort of a contrived plot device to make the subsequent abduction work, I guess. It was still an amazing episode.

Also, I don't buy for a minute the rumor of Mando being killed off just to be replaced by Boba. This is his show; Boba can only be a (very cool) secondary character. I don't see them shifting 180 degrees by making Boba the center of the show. They would be more likely (IMO, of course) to kill off Baby Yoda, but then the fan reaction would be catastrophic to the show. If that happened, I would probably stop watching.

It amazes me how they have created such a rich and diverse set of characters in only 14 episodes. This reminds me of Firefly; a show that had more character development in a half season than most shows do in years. They have a great primary character/sidekick (Mando/Child) and an awesome and growing set of secondary/recurring characters (Cara Dune, Carl Weathers, Boba Fett, Fennec/Mulan (whatever her name is), Moth Gideon, Ahsoka, Katie Sackoff, the Armorer (the Mandalorian who forges the armor), even that Dr Pershing/Packard/whatever guy).

THIS is what Star Wars should be, and what Episodes 7/8/9 should/could have been. They invested in good writing and good actors, and their ratings are through the roof. The lame sequels, in contrast, had stupid plotlines that made absolutely NO SENSE whatsoever, crap directing, and zero character development with a total Mary Sue lead character, while they constantly drug the old cast out of their nursing homes and shoved them into the action (regardless of how awkward this was) in a vain attempt to tap into fan nostalgia. And, when the movies got crappy reviews from the real SW fans, they said it was because we have "Star Wars Fatigue."

I guess I should be happy that, at least for a while now, I have a good sci-fi show to get excited about (Star Trek is dead to me with all their SJW crap and 'new' JJ/Trek influence).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Michael[/QUOTE]

>>>Rumor theory<<< Djarin is killed at the end of the season trying to protect Grogu. Boba Fett becomes the central character and thus, the long running story of a separate Boba Fett-series, is actually The Mandalorian[/QUOTE]

While I hope I'm wrong, I find it more likely that Fett dies in a blaze of glory saving Grogu and Djarin takes on the name. Kind of like the Dread Pirate Roberts.

I really hope we get one more scene of Fett absolutely kicking ass and then he wanders off into the sunset for his own adventures.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While there has been a bunch of characters been (re)introduced, Fett is actually the one with the least established backstory.

Bo-Katan, Ahsoka and Thrawn (pretty please) are quite established from Clone Wars and Rebels.

But it does raise the interesting question on whether Favreau & Filoni have sketched out an overall story arc here, and if they have, how many seasons they would need for it.

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gocad:
While there has been a bunch of characters been (re)introduced, Fett is actually the one with the least established backstory.

Bo-Katan, Ahsoka and Thrawn (pretty please) are quite established from Clone Wars and Rebels.

For canon plotlines, yes.

But Boba Fett has a ton of (now-non-canon) backstory from the pre-Disney EU. More than Bo-Katan or Ahsoka.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
But it does raise the interesting question on whether Favreau & Filoni have sketched out an overall story arc here, and if they have, how many seasons they would need for it.

After the stuff Filoni did with Clone Wars and Rebels, I'd find it hard to believe they don't have at least 5 seasons figured out.

I'm pretty sure they are or were filming seasons 3 and 4 at the same time.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Those who were bitching about how unrealistic it was for the Razor Crest to constantly get patched up should be happy.

I'm just sad about his disintegration rifle not being salvaged.
The ship was meh anyway. Reminded me of this.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Since hearing Ashoka's name this season, I finally buckled down and watched all of Clone Wars and Rebels in the past couple of weeks. I've been putting them off for years thinking they were kids shows...

I didn't realize how wrong I was. Outside of a few janky episodes(I skipped all the Jar Jar ones and felt like I missed nothing), they have ended up being the most serious, dark, emotional well written, thought out, and meaningful shows I've ever seen. If the guy in charge of writing Clone Wars and Rebels is in charge of the new Disney Star Wars stuff, then we're in really good hands for the future of Star Wars.

And like someone said above, if he is, then I'm sure they already have several seasons or more planned out. So many of the characters introduced so far could branch out into their own show or shows. Ashoka, Bo-Katan, The Marshall, Boba, etc, could all get their own shows (Well Boba is confirmed to be getting his own show already as far as I know).

If Rebels was a direct continuation of Clone Wars, it really seems like Mandalorian is a direct continuation of Rebels so far. The stories are flowing directly into one another.

Clone Wars/Rebels spoilers:

Since the Dark Saber is in play I won't be at all surprised to see Bo-Katan show up again as the last time it was seen it was in her possession.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post