SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What have you been reading?
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What have you been reading? Login/Join 
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Shadow of Doubt by Brad Thor. A Scot Horvath novel.

Posts: 6719 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Currently reading "A World Undone" by G.J. Meyer

Posts: 33028 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
Shadow of Doubt by Brad Thor. A Scot Horvath novel.

I'm in the middle of that myself.

Posts: 718 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Willie, Waylon, and the Boys; How Nashville Outsiders Changed Country Music Forever, Brian Fairbanks.

This was a birthday gift. I’m halfway through it, and the first half focuses on the four who would form The Highwaymen: Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson. Apparently later in the book the author will turn to more contemporary artists who are out of the Nashville mainstream.

It’s both in depth and warts and all. Some serious drug and alcohol abuse issues. It goes into the record companies and the wars between them and the artists. Recording session stories, some real inside baseball stuff.

Posts: 13556 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
My Twenty Five Years in Provence by Peter Mayle. I'm taking the Mrs. to Paris and Provence next year and have enjoyed his earlier books.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1589 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arkangel by James Rollins, the latest in the Sigma Force series.

Posts: 718 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Finished Ember. Much better than the previous book in the series.

Started reading The Dogs of War by Frederick Forsyth, my first of his. Wow, his writing is fantastic! Reminds me of Clancy, but not as militarily based (so far). Only 20% in so far, but very interesting plot. I'll definitely be reading more Forsyth.

When I need a palate cleanser, I've been reading Norm McDonald's book, Based on a True Story. I tried it once before and was bored, but when I started again reading it in his voice, it's a much better read.

Edited to add 9/14: I was a huge fan of the movie The Fourth Protocol. I saw an article a few months ago about a writer who found out that certain political content had been removed from the book without Forsyth's knowledge, so the writer interviewed Forsyth, who consulted his notes and found it to be true. Several people here had recommended The Dogs of War in the past, so I decided to read it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AUTiger89,

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6129 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post