SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What have you been reading?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What have you been reading? Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lithog:
I'm reading Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan books in chronological order. Just started Debt of Honor. Sum of All Fears was intense!

Sounds like a great idea! I think one of my brothers in Nebraska has my Clancy books, all bought hardcover when first released. I gave them to my dad to read, and my brother has a lot of that sort of thing in boxes down in his basement (Vince Flynn too). I’ll have to make an effort to recover them.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Great books!

I've just started Baldacci's third in the Will Robie series.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
The girl with the dragon tattoo, just started the girl who played with fire.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago I read "Killers of the Flower Moon" and it was great. The author, David Grann, has a new book out, totally different but very good. "The Wager - a Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny and Murder". A true story of an English Man O War that sinks off the coast of Chile and the amazing survival of some.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
just started the third in the Armand Gamache series by Louise Penny.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Just finished the latest Gray Man book, Burner, by Mark Greaney.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fighter Pilot: The Memoirs of Legendary Ace Robin Olds.

Excellent read, interesting story.

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I just finished the "Mercy" series by David Baldacci. Still being on a Baldacci kick, I'm starting the Amos Decker (Memory Man) series today.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Got the last 2 books of The Expanse series Tiamat's Wrath & Leviathan Falls.
Debating on rereading from #1, I stopped after Babylon's Ashes as I didn't want to get into the Laconia story & have to stop, as I only had the first book of that trio.
All hardback [my preference], except I think Book 2 in paperback, hardback versions were $$$ when I bought mine, oddly. The rest have been regularly priced.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I've been cheating and getting all my fiction from the library via the Kindle. Love the convenience.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I've been cheating and getting all my fiction from the library via the Kindle. Love the convenience.

I've been tempted to upgrade to a newer Kindle, just wish I could migrate all my tangible books onto it.
We lost our 'library' space when we moved, so all our books are still in boxes at the moment.
Still deciding how we want to proceed on that.

I have a couple series I want to keep hard copies, but would be ok with most of the rest going to digital, just don't want to have to buy them all again to do it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I have a limited number of real books and some in hard cover. Of those, I have several I'd like to give away. Because I rent my house a bit during the summer, I'm happy to leave books out for guests to read. But honestly, I'm getting to the point where all I want to do is simplify and get rid of stuff. Having the Kindle and "taking out" library books is perfect for me.

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I've been tempted to upgrade to a newer Kindle, just wish I could migrate all my tangible books onto it.

I’ve updated both me and my wife to the Kindle Oasis. Great device. You can catch them fairly reasonable on Prime Days.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rereading the Wheel of Time series. After Amazon butchered it I felt it deserved another read. Great series, perhaps the best.

Posts: 7496 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
The Crow Girl, ERIK AXL SUND more Nordic Noir.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2259 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I’ve updated both me and my wife to the Kindle Oasis. Great device. You can catch them fairly reasonable on Prime Days.

My original Kindle finally died but it lasted through 3 batteries. I’m on my 4th Kindle Paperwhite in 2 months. Screen goes white, random reboots, turns pages when it feels like. If this one doesn’t make it, I’ll try another model. I love it when it works but geez what a pain. Amazon customer service works great but I’d prefer not to use it.

Been reading the Gray Man series

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been doing a deep dive (round 2) of WW2 history and Stalingrad.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Lately, I've returned to my study of French filmmaking in the early sound era- 1930 to 1960.

I've been reading Cinema of Paradox - French Filmmaking Under the German Occupation

Lots of detail which has been difficult to find elsewhere.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Restarting the Song of Ice and Fire series.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post