MotoGP 2021 Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Major system issues today for the MotoGP subscribers. Frown

No spoilers are contained in this post.

The issues and trying to resolve them resulted it the race being spoiled for me...sort of. I was PISSED at first. I tried to access the race on every single digital device in my house to no avail. I even tried to get and old Amazon fire stick I found to work to see if I could somehow access it on that. No dice. I gave up.

My absolutely incredible wife eventually got the race to work on her phone. To my complete and total amazement she actually has been listening to me jabber on endlessly about MotoGP and was paying attention. She said “this stuff is actually really fun to watch!” She then shocked me when she said “You won’t believe who the top three finishers were....they mentioned your boy Mav might be on an Aprilia later this season” (this is a name that would get her attention as our puppy is named Maverick) I kept trying to keep her from spoiling it for me but I could see she was actually legit excited about the result and wanted to tell me who did good. While I was fuming on the other side of the house cleaning up the kitchen she was quietly watching the final 1/2 of the race and the celebration.

MotoGP made my wife a fan today!!!!!!!!!!!! The storylines and drama as well as this sports unpredictable nature is such that you couldn’t script it to be this great. She sat down and watched the whole race a second time and had TONS of questions.

I won’t spoil the race other than to say it was a historic, incredible and SUCH a fun last lap. There was last lap drama that was incredible just incredible. I could not have scripted such a great battle.

This is such a beautiful sport! What a race!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Great final lap. I didn’t have any trouble watching but I wait until the race is over most of the time before watching because the technical problems are usually fixed by then.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Tuning in now on the DVR. First British GP for me.
Interesting that they start on the 'old' start/finish, not the F1 start.

Ducatis seem to not have the pace for what seems more of a power circuit, with the 2 long straights.

Glad Silverstone fans got to see some actual racing today, compared to Spa...

6 different mfgs in the top 6. No idea what happened to Rossi, he just disappeared after half distance.
A big congrats to Espargaro.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Right side of the rear tire there was nothing there. Not the first time for him to experience this in this Michelin era. Same shit happened to Pecco on the Ducati. Disappearing rear grip.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Mir claims his front tire did something similar which is why he faded at the end of the race.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Aleix Espargaró and Jack Miller’s battle on that last lap was beautiful. I hope it makes Dovi at least wonder if he fucked up. I am glad it played out the way it did. Maverick and Espargaró are team mates again and it looks like the Aprilia has made serious progress. That is AWESOME! Watching Aleix battle with Jack’s Ducati, out turn him and not get out accelerated on this more technical corner speed rewarding track was awesome.

Bags needs to STFU about Fabio having basically just won the title. Where is his unshakable confidence? He is a smart rider but I wish he would keep shit like that to himself even if it might be true or at least probable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This season has given us lots of amazing pictures thus far. Of all the pics this one is my favorite so far. Notice who is sitting on the Aprilia. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
So if Desmo Dovi goes to Yamaha what is his nickname going to be? He can’t be desmo Dovi on a Yamaha. DOHC Dovi just doesn’t sound as cool. Hmmm

It’s going to be interesting to see how Maverick does with Aprilia. After 65 laps on day 1 Maverick managed a 1:33.0 at Misano with no major complaints or issues. Hopefully that time drops a bit today as they get the settings dialed in and he becomes more comfortable on the RS-GP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
MV set for a Aragon debut and the remainder of the season.

[URL= https://www.motogp.com/en/news...n-grand-prix/389676] https://www.motogp.com/en/news...nd-prix/389676[/url]

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
When was the last time a rider switched manufacturers mid season?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
When was the last time a rider switched manufacturers mid season?

Zarco went to LCR Honda after he split with KTM in 2019.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:
MV set for a Aragon debut and the remainder of the season.

[URL= https://www.motogp.com/en/news...n-grand-prix/389676] https://www.motogp.com/en/news...nd-prix/389676[/url]

I hope he sticks it up Yamaha’s ass. The shit they pulled with him. I wish Valentino could speak about the same things over the past few years. But he’s mute with the ambassadorship at play.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I loved seeing Maverick smiling again in the pits as he talked about riding the RS-GP. I understand the term “teammates” is just really a term they use as they are competitors more than a team. Realistically their number one competitor is first and foremost their teammate BUT after what Fabio said about Maverick’s departure from Yamaha I was left with only harboring EVEN more animosity towards Fabio. It left me with a realization that Yamaha seems like a truly toxic environment to be inside of.

I am glad Maverick left and I am exited beyond words for Maverick as he and Aleix attempt to make history with Aprilia. Aprilia has a rider capable of winning it all and they know this. I loved it so much when Aleix said something like “Maverick is not smiling and not having fun, you should be enjoying this....come join me at Aprilia and let’s have fun and make history” or something to that effect.

I really liked seeing the kind words from Aleix as he and Aprilia tried to win Maverick over to Aprilia. The more I learn about Aleix Espargaró the more I like him. The man wears his heart on his sleeve for better or worse. I like that.

For a HARDCORE Suzuki fan I find myself actually wanting (I mean this) to see Aprilia begin to improve to the point of becoming a championship contender. That would be so cool so long as it’s not at Suzuki’s expense. Big Grin

I want to see Aprilia get good enough that they can kick Yamaha’s teeth in on the track over and over and over.

As far as Dovi, I really like him a lot too but I fear he traded one toxic team/manufacturer for another possibly even more toxic team/manufacturer. I hope I am wrong in this regard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Pedro Acosta & Augusto Fernandez racing for Red Bull KTM Ajo in Moto 2 next year

Pedro is one to watch. Hopefully he can keep it going on a bigger bike with less reliance on slipstream.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Jack Miller is AWESOME . That drag race against Fabio where he pretended to whip his horse was great! Big Grin I don’t know how you can’t like the guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Jack Miller is AWESOME . That drag race against Fabio where he pretended to whip his horse was great! Big Grin I don’t know how you can’t like the guy.

Yet Ducati is looking to give his seat to Jorge Martin after 2022. Not a bad thing because it does look like Jorge Martin is a strong contender, but it definitely sucks for Jack. Maybe it'll push him to get results. All too often though, it just pushes a rider to make more mistakes which leads to DNF's. Jack's already had 3 this season.

Marc seems to be having quite a bit of trouble. Everyone is locking him in for the win but I don't think that's what will happen. If he qualifies in P1-6 he's got a shot. If he's on the 3rd row or further back I think he'll just progress from pinball mode, to bowling ball mode, finally hitting wrecking ball mode. He's not happy unless he takes a rider or two off circuit with him.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a tough call with Jorge Martin, the dude is just amazing. With Ducati making up almost 1/3 of the grid next year I would think Jack’s chances of staying on a Ducati are decent. I’ve given up trying to predict what factory Ducati will do...they are almost as unpredictable as Marc Marquez during a race. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Italia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck you Marquez! 7 attempts, and 7 failures! VR|46 Academy produces the first new Italian winner in MotoGP!

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Those last few laps were great. I was glad to see Fabio fall back from the front pretty quickly although he still managed to bag 8 points.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~