Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2021 Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
A couple nice tidbits in that article. Dixon on a GP for Silverstone and Darryn trying out a big boy bike.

Really think they should have asked Dovi to fill in for Mav, though Crutchlow is a great choice for his home track.

Speaking of Mav...I agree with you stick...he's done at Yamaha. Fairly certain they are just gonna bench him every race for fear he'd torpedo Fabio. Even if he didn't, we know he's not gonna try his best to win, so why would they let him ride? Anyone they put on the bike would most certainly put in more effort to not come in stone last.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Malaysian GP cancelled. Second Misano race announced for the Rossi retirement tour. Hope fans are allowed both both races.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:
Malaysian GP cancelled. Second Misano race announced for the Rossi retirement tour. Hope fans are allowed both both races.

Ugh. No Sepang Frown This would be the 10 year anniversary of Marco's death and I wanted to see Vale race there one more time. Damn.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Prefontane, do you think Vale will race a wild card or two in the future? In a recent interview he made it sound like such a thing is a real possibility. Especially at a track he likes such as Mugello.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Looks like I was right. Mav won’t be riding a Yamaha for the rest of 2021.

Yamaha and Maverick end their partnership immediately

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Everyone knew it was coming and it had to happen. Just imagine how Yamaha felt about their bike being 1st and last. Not a good look, so they did what was right.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
To be fair, his replacement finished dead last too. I think Marquez actually crashed at one point during the second race at Austria and still finished in front of Mavericks replacement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I suppose homie blocked me or just doesn’t like that I speak my mind. Whatever.

My prediction : this is NOT Rossi’s last year in MotoGP. He will race again as a wild card at a track he likes. I’d be shocked if this does not happen.

It’s a shame he had such a hard on for Yamaha. As a R1 rider I’ll be honest. Fuck Yamaha. I hope they lose the title this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This meme I hand crafted was so prophetic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Looks like it should be a brilliant weekend for the race at Silverstone! Hopefully the weather stays like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This is my last post in this thread until someone else posts. That was a pretty damn good press conference. Wow Cal! Ok, I didn’t like him calling Austria a shit track but I am not one to be afraid of or avoid admitting when I am in the wrong. Cal Crutchlow I was wrong about you. Cal was hands down the highlight of that press conference. The dude has a great fantastic sense of humor, thinks fast as hell on his feet and made me laugh out loud at his answer to the Italian journalist who asked him that question. His answers to all the questions he was given (and he got some good questions) were superb. Bravo lad. I was wrong about you. Even Fabio gave some answers that left me disliking him a bit less than prior to the press conference. The advice Fabio gave that young rider about how best to deal with difficulties was very good.

I loved the up and coming young British riders getting to ask the MotoGP riders questions seeking advice. I wasn’t expecting to watch much of the conference but damned if I didn’t watch it entirely.

Silverstone is sold out.
The weather looks to be perfect
Ladies and gentlemen
It’s a race weekend! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Saw a rumor this morning about Dovi going to SRT, if FM gets promoted to the factory team, maybe if they can keep A-spec bikes for '22?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
This is my last post in this thread until someone else posts.

I follow MotoGP because my husband loves it and I get a huge kick out of watching the races with him. I don't post in this thread because I really can't contribute anything worthwhile, but I do enjoy reading everyone's posts, even when y'all don't agree with each other. So, please keep posting. Smile

FWIW, I like Cal and Jack Miller. I'm terribly sad that Rossi couldn't snag a podium last race. And I like watching Suzi Perry's MotoGP coverage on BT Sport.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Saw a rumor this morning about Dovi going to SRT, if FM gets promoted to the factory team, maybe if they can keep A-spec bikes for '22?

I've been wanting that to happen but I haven't heard anything as of yet. I think he'd be competitive after he knocks the dust off.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I will always root for the underdog. I REALLY hope Jake Dixon can shock everyone. It’s his home GP, sold out crowd. If there was ever an opportunity to shock the world this is Jake Dixon’s chance. Cmon dude!! He’s never ridden a GP bike before so realistically there cannot be too much expected of him given the massive learning curve, tremendous power difference and the caliber of riders he will be going up against. I hope he can at least exceed the expectations which have to be set low to be fair or realistic. This is basically the equivalent of taking an very promising college freshmen or sophomore quarterback and signing him with a good NFL team for one game and then putting him in a game in front of his home crowd. Wow. I cannot wait to see this race!

I really wish there was a way for me to post some highlights of the press conference today. Cal , Jorge Martin and Fabio had some incredibly interesting, motivating and fascinating things to say. That response Cal had to the Italian about accounting/basic math and the number of turns at Austria vs Silverstone was hilarious and so unexpected.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I got my Ducati Island tickets.
See you there!

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
This is my last post in this thread until someone else posts.

I follow MotoGP because my husband loves it and I get a huge kick out of watching the races with him. I don't post in this thread because I really can't contribute anything worthwhile, but I do enjoy reading everyone's posts, even when y'all don't agree with each other. So, please keep posting. Smile

FWIW, I like Cal and Jack Miller. I'm terribly sad that Rossi couldn't snag a podium last race. And I like watching Suzi Perry's MotoGP coverage on BT Sport.

Suzi has been around a long time (I’ve met her several times), and is a really cool lady. For a sport so dominated by males she has been the main female for coverage as long as I can remember. Since Nick Harris retired, I’d much prefer to get BT Sport, especially when Colin was on there. We get robbed in the US.

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
I got my Ducati Island tickets.
See you there!

Keep in mind that Dorna is real sensitive towards covid. Cancelled completely last year and don’t be surprised if they yank it this year. Delta is ripping through Texas (I got it also). DFW pediatric ICU beds are completely full. Behind closed doors Carmelo has said the US round is absolutely key to them (because nothing last year) but if this keeps going the way it’s going don’t be surprised if they yank the US round. I hope not as I have tickets also.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite vintage motorcycle shows was canceled yet again. I REALLY hope COTA doesn’t get canceled. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it happens but I’m hoping it doesn’t.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Rainman, I really wish I could say I’ll see you at COTA but all my friends bailed on me, most can’t get any vacation time due to the short notice. I would love nothing more than to go. I am potentially missing my last chance to see Rossi ride in person but an 18 hour drive there an 18 hrs back by myself doesn’t seem to be worth it. I have less than zero interest in flying there. I really hope it isn’t canceled. That would be bullshit. People need to be able to fucking live their fucking lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~