SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I like his channel. Some good insight & analysis.

His 2020 schedule, or 2020-2021 Superseason are both decent ideas.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I just rewatched the 1994 San Marino Gran Prix. Tough weekend all around. I can’t figure out why they didn’t have a tire barrier at Tamborello.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.formula1.com/en/la...xnRQVe6uPcZSRbP.html

quote:

The organisers of the 2020 Canadian Grand Prix – scheduled for June 12-14 – have announced the postponement of the race amid the ongoing global coronavirus outbreak.

The news follows the announcement that F1 are working with promoters on a revised 2020 calendar with the actual sequence and schedule dates for races likely to differ significantly from the original 2020 calendar.

In a statement, the Canadian promoters said they “would have been honoured to host the first race on the 2020 Formula 1 World Championship calendar” and that they were “saddened” to have to postpone the race.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Get ready to binge

https://www.formula1.com/en/la...8MZCbJDFFy3Z1kk.html

quote:
The 2020 season may be on hold, but our passion for racing lives on. So, we’re offering F1 TV Access FREE for 30 days. That’s right, 1,400 hours of unrestricted, on-demand F1 content available to stream right now.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Bernie Ecclestone to be a dad for the fourth time

Bernie Ecclestone is set to become a father for the fourth time.

The 89-year-old business magnate and his wife Fabiana Flosi are expecting their first child together, which will mark the fourth child for the Formula 1 boss who is already father to three daughters - Deborah, 65, Tamara, 35, and Petra, 31.

(entire article)

*****shudder***** Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get ready to binge

Very cool. Is there an app on Firestick that can be used to stream this or can I at least push it from iPad similar to Youtube?

If I have to watch on iPad only that will suck.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Get ready to binge

Very cool. Is there an app on Firestick that can be used to stream this or can I at least push it from iPad similar to Youtube?

If I have to watch on iPad only that will suck.

I'm not sure. I'm going to see if there's an app for my Samsung tv. Worst case, I'll stream on my computer while working from home.

Edit: no go on a Samsung TV app

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I e been rewatching old races and highlights. There have been some nightmare races from an organizational standpoint. One of the worst, Zolder 1981.

Zolder circle jerk.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I just rewatched the 1994 San Marino Gran Prix. Tough weekend all around. I can’t figure out why they didn’t have a tire barrier at Tamborello.

Different times but that was a corner with serious damage potential. Normally it was a flat, no lift corner as long as something didn't go wrong. Gerhard Berger had a big hit there a few years before but was ok.
Hard to say if it would have made any difference for Senna. His car's tub was pretty intact but the corner came off and the jagged broken suspension parts hit his helmet and punctured it causing his most serious injuries. That level of damage could have happened with a tire wall too. After that they required the wheel tethers so a suspension corner couldn't reach the driver or fly off into a crowd.
Watching the races from 20 plus years ago and seeing the safety level compared to today makes you wonder why there weren't more like it. At the time the cars were considered to be so safe (at least compared to a decade or two earlier) that there were no fatal accidents until that weekend, and there were two.
A big wake up call.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
No pit lane speed limits, minimal pit crew PPE. Crazy times.

Re: Senna. I've read that 6in higher/lower & he would've walked away from the car. No bruising or broken bones; it was the suspension puncture & impact to the helmet that was fatal.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
RIP, Stirling Moss.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/n...irling-moss-has-died

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220-9er,

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
One of the truly great.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just read that

sad news indeed - he was a great part of real racing

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1955 Mille Miglia

This race was won by Mercedes-Benz factory driver Stirling Moss with the aid of his navigator Denis Jenkinson. They completed the 992-mile distance in 10 hours, 7 minutes and 48 seconds- an average speed of 99 mph (160 km/h). The two Englishmen finished 32 minutes in front of their second-placed teammate, Argentine Juan Manuel Fangio.

Link to wiki article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1955_Mille_Miglia

This race was on pubic roads not a race circuit.

Sad to see Sir Stirling Moss gone.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
1955 Mille Miglia

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The Best F1 race I saw was 2000 Hockenheim. The run through the forest was fantastic.

I just rewatched a shortened version of it.

TCB all the time...

posted Hide Post
Liberty openly acknowledges the possibility of zero races in 2020.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/arti...-zero-races-in-2020/

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.formula1.com/en/la...yMjrqC8n0BkEt9e.html

quote:
F1 CEO Chase Carey provides an update to fans on the latest developments on the 2020 F1 calendar, including a target start date and location…

Although this morning it was announced that the French Grand Prix, due to take place in late June, will not be going ahead, we are now increasingly confident with the progress of our plans to begin our season this summer.

We’re targeting a start to racing in Europe through July, August and beginning of September, with the first race taking place in Austria on 3-5 July weekend. September, October and November, would see us race in Eurasia, Asia and the Americas, finishing the season in the Gulf in December with Bahrain before the traditional finale in Abu Dhabi, having completed between 15-18 races.

https://www.formula1.com/en/la...hvUg1ITaqXk99Ls.html

quote:
Should the British Grand Prix take place this year, Silverstone chief Stuart Pringle says the race would take place behind closed doors given the challenges caused by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.formula1.com/en/la...68ZPJxlxgsgm4nQ.html

quote:
The organisers of the French Grand Prix have confirmed the event will not go ahead in 2020, in light of the coronavirus pandemic.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Most likely to be a European based series this year with a few other races. They will want to keep their costs as low as possible and meet as many contracts as possible.
Also depends on how things go (health wise) once people dip their toes on the water.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Most likely to be a European based series this year with a few other races. They will want to keep their costs as low as possible and meet as many contracts as possible.
Also depends on how things go (health wise) once people dip their toes on the water.

From what I saw on an F1 podcast (WTF1) the minimum requirement is 8 races & 3 continents for a championship.

They cited the regulation, but I'd have to go back & rewatch to find it.