SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Let's get 'em rollin' fellas.

I like the Toe adjuster on the Mercs. Pull on the steering wheel (straight and you get 0 angle, and then into a corner push steering rack forward to drop a wheel in the corner to whatever toe angel you want (-2?).

Pretty clever - and I don't even like their team but they win!
(Hamilton actually)

How long before Ferarri and RB adopt ... big suspension change.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
From the onboards, it looks like toe-to 0 (or just more neutral) on pull & slight toe-out on push.

Jolyon Palmer did a segment on it. Less scrub/drag & possibility of slightly higher straightline speed, and more even tire temp distribution.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
A few season ago, Haas America got me back into Forumula 1. I must admit I am still trying to wrap my head around it all. I am watching the Netflix season 1 now. The sport needs to figure a way to get 'new' fans up to speed Smile

Just watching the races, the announcers talk about things, social issues, rules, team issues etc. and I have no idea what they are talking about.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, at least this year Ferrari isn’t deceiving anyone in preseason testing. They are being up front that they will suck, and likely suck harder than last year.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
The sport needs to figure a way to get 'new' fans up to speed Smile

Just watching the races, the announcers talk about things, social issues, rules, team issues etc. and I have no idea what they are talking about.

If you're watching the English feed (I don't have Netflix), they do presume that you are a fan and are aware of on-going issues. You can ask here and I'm sure we can bring you up to speed

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
The sport needs to figure a way to get 'new' fans up to speed Smile

If you're watching the English feed (I don't have Netflix), they do presume that you are a fan and are aware of on-going issues. You can ask here and I'm sure we can bring you up to speed

Pretty sure by Netflix, he means the Drive to Survive series. Behind the scenes on the 2018 season. Really good, IMO, and I believe provided an increase in viewership in 2019.

Looking forward to season 2 next week.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2020 Pre-Season Testing: Day 3 Highlights

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aam8A5HMp_8

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
It appears the only question going into this season is: will Mercedes win the constructors title by 200 or 300 points?

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
I'm much more interested to see how Racing Points" retro experiment stacks up against McLaren's change of course

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we have a really strong midfield again. I'm a MBZ fanboi Razz so I'm happy to see them winning.

Hopefully we get some great midfield battles & Williams can fight for more than 19th & 20th.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Hard to tell where anyone is unless they are having reliability problems and not running much and that’s obvious.
Last year the Merc’s were in trouble at the end of the first test and redesigned a lot of stuff before the second. Ferrari appeared to have everyone covered.
Then came the races. Mercedes won, I think, the first eight and were easily ahead on team points by then.
We’ll only have an idea after qualifying and the race in Australia.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I’m more than willing to take the over on 200 points for Mercedes in 20202.

Anybody who thinks 2020 is going to be competitive is lying to themselves.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
I’m more than willing to take the over on 200 points for Mercedes in 20202.

Maybe not at the front. I'm predicting more of what we saw last year, with the midfield.

Unless Ferrari are pulling the ultimate sandbagging.

Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not when you're watching the tight racing in the mid-field.

I've seldom found the overall winner very interesting since the days of Michael Schmacher

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:

Not when you're watching the tight racing in the mid-field.

I've seldom found the overall winner very interesting since the days of Michael Schumacher

Seems like that would imply a fairly sad state of motor racing, no?

Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems like that would imply a fairly sad state of motor racing, no?

Not really, it is just the way that F1 has always been...dominated by one team for a while and then another...the only thing that has changed is that with modern broadcast it is more obvious than in the days when we had to read about them in Autoweek or Road & Track.

The real fascination of F1 has been the technical development under ever restrictive rules and teams being able to find work arounds...I really liked the old days of ground effect cars and especially the Brabham Fan Car

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ground effect, of a sort, is returning for 21. Be interesting to see how that is.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I was wondering how many DAS details that Ocon was able to parlay into Renault tech.

Would like to see Ocon and Riccardo take it to the front.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
For anyone that thinks times mean anything at this point, Kubica in the Alfa was quickest today.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Day 4 (Week 2, Day 1) Highlights

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwuU_33c6R4