SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Lot of incidents today, happy with the end result.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Seb’s well and truly done. Plus, one more incident and he’s going to get a one race ban for penalty points on his superlicence. I don’t think anyone else is as close to a ban as he is, and many drivers have 0 penalty points. Seb has 9.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Yep. Seb’s well and truly done. Plus, one more incident and he’s going to get a one race ban for penalty points on his superlicence. I don’t think anyone else is as close to a ban as he is, and many drivers have 0 penalty points. Seb has 9.

He's truly not had a good season, last season wasn't great either.
Leclerc is turning into the true prime driver for the Scuderia.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

I have said it many times that Set does not seem to be the same driver he was just three years ago. Forget the arrogance, just look at the determination and intelligence he has shown. Don't get me wrong, he is still better that 99.9% of drivers that strap on a helmet, but he seems to have lost his edge. I thought he was getting it back, but then Canada seems to have capped off the broken man mentality.

The bigger question is who does Ferrari have if he decides to hang it up? Certainly not Kimi. Ricciardo, Bottas, Ocan and Sainz are all locked up for 2020. The Hulk has been cast aside, and is available, but unless you go with a Russell, Norris, or reserve driver there are not a lot of good talent.

I had no issues with any of the penalties today, and think the black/ white flag for LeClerc was appropriate and glad it did not impact the race.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think Leclerc is trying to make the point that he's that guy.
The last two races are the ones that suited the strengths of their car the best all season. The next few races probably won't suit them as well as Mercedes and Red Bull.
Next year they need to design a car with more well rounded performance to make a season long challenge.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
HAAS retains Grosjean for 2020
https://www.formula1.com/en/la...SgrB2JLs2Z2Z6qP.html

Kubica out at end of 2019 season
https://www.formula1.com/en/la...N65CUhxOkZ4BDcQ.html

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
So, the open HAAS seat is no longer an option for Hulkenberg.

Doubtful he gets on at RBR/STR.

Maybe a return to Williams (and relegated to the back of the grid), or back to Alfa (Sauber)?

Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
So, the open HAAS seat is no longer an option for Hulkenberg.

Doubtful he gets on at RBR/STR.

Maybe a return to Williams (and relegated to the back of the grid), or back to Alfa (Sauber)?

I read that Ferrari support Gio continuing at Sauber and I can't imagine Kimi calling it a day. I also read Hulk was sort of throwing a hail marry hoping for a seat to open up at RB or Ferrari (Vettel in a shock retirement or sacking). I also read Hulk said he doesn't HAVE to be in F1. I would like to have seen him in the Haas instead of Crashjean.

Front nose update for Ferrari this weekend. According to AMUS (so take it with a grain of salt) the front nose update is worth 4 tenths.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cfiore:

Front nose update for Ferrari this weekend. According to AMUS (so take it with a grain of salt) the front nose update is worth 4 tenths.

There is no nose that is worth 4 tenths. Maybe 4 thousands, but not 4 tenths, and especially not at a circuit like Singapore.

I have been reading more and more that the balance of 2019 is a proving time for Vettel, and if he does not improve, he will not be renewed for 2021. The person that is rumored to be talked about the most for the seat .......... Ricciardo. Abitiboul was asked about this, and he coyly said that they need to do a better job to have a competitive car in order to keep the likes of Daniel.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I think Danny Ric would easily be a star in a top 3 car.
Personally, I'd love a Bottas/Ricciardo team.

Most likely seat for him would be Vettel, as Ham/Bot/Lec are not likely to drop.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Leclerc stole one when everyone thought Ferrari would be third best.
Vettel has to be looking over his shoulder now.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Suddenly Ferrari strategy is hitting their stride or incredibly lucky and Mercedes not so much.
Kind of surprised Mercedes didn’t cover it with Bottas.
I don’t think anyone predicted this result on Thursday.
Hopefully the Ferrari pace will continue and Mercedes will have a challenge for the rest of the year.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
It's so refreshing to see signs of life in The Circus.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It would have been a whole lot more interesting if the safety car hadn’t spent so much time out on the track.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
It would have been a whole lot more interesting if the safety car hadn’t spent so much time out on the track.

But, to an extent, understandable. Since Singapore doesn't have the quick recover cranes like Monaco does.
Not sure you could do much quicker with having to get a JCB on track to recover the car, especially since they were all 'in harms way' as they sat.

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

But, to an extent, understandable. Since Singapore doesn't have the quick recover cranes like Monaco does.
Not sure you could do much quicker with having to get a JCB on track to recover the car, especially since they were all 'in harms way' as they sat.

Sure, but that wasn’t the point. The race ran so long, because of the cautions and SCs that the allotted time for recording the race (on my TV) expired well before the race finished. I believe that the top 6 remained unchanged for the last 25 laps

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ah, understood.
I had that problem when we had cable.

Since switching to YouTubeTV, it seems to do a good job of over-recording.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
One of those roll the dice races. After pit stops sort out, Vettel leads. Feckwit Brit announce team speculate how best for Ferrari to get Leclerc back in the lead, which of course was not Seb's priority, didn't happen.

Really sad for Bottas. He pits ahead of Hammy who is turning 1:47's at best. VB on new tires is turining low 1:45's, will he jump Lewis? He should have but no, team orders, give us 1:48's, Valtteri, so Lew can slot in ahead.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A rather interesting race yesterday. A race that from the get go, seemed to be controlled by the reds, and at the same token lost on the Blue Bulls.

Great start of the race, but was surprised to hear about a switchback after just a few laps. I feel as if race management is a far greater part of F1 and the ability to generate points than I ever have in the past, and look back at past races that were won and lost from the pits.

That said, I was not expecting the outcome yesterday, did not expect the results from the safety car given one team's straight line speed, and certainly not the podium.

That said, I like LeClair, however like most drivers, I could do without the moaning on the radio.

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The FIA just announced the 2020 race schedule. There’s a Vietnamese GP! On April 5, the race will take place on the 5.57 Km Hanoi Motor Sports Circuit. Unreal