SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Agreed, and hopefully it narrows the gap from the front to the back. Give the teams consistently finishing 15-20th more of a shot.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Agreed, and hopefully it narrows the gap from the front to the back. Give the teams consistently finishing 15-20th more of a shot.

I disagree. F1 was never intended to be a spec series. You wanna win? Then you out work/engineer the other teams. Backmarker teams don’t deserve to run with the leaders just because they’re there.

F1 keeps heading down the wrong road, imo.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I disagree. F1 was never intended to be a spec series. You wanna win? Then you out work/engineer the other teams. Backmarker teams don’t deserve to run with the leaders just because they’re there.

F1 keeps heading down the wrong road, imo.

I agree with PowerSurge.

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I definitely don't want a spec series, but when the team fighting for 19th & 20th is 2-3 laps down at their 'normal' race pace, something is clearly off.

Hopefully the new aero rules will help with cars being able to run closer together and maybe that'll bring the barkmarkers closer, at least to the midfield.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Formula One has become Formula E Lite.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The summer break is over so let's see if Ferrari can turn things around. The next two tracks should suit their car but will they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again?
Spa is the perfect track to start the second half. Beautiful setting in the location of the Battle of the Bulge. Weather is often unpredictable.
Can Honda cars trim out enough to keep up with the big boys?
Red Bull driver swap and others in the midfield need to show what they've got to determine where they land next year.
Looks like Bottas will stay but not confirmed yet so who knows?

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Check your DVRs, depending on your provider/service of choice.

Have seen a few comments that the live broadcast isn't getting picked up in some cases (YouTubeTV) and it's recording the replay at the later time.

Last time I saw this, it was because the live broadcast had a slightly different title & didn't get lumped into my DVR settings.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It's official. Bottas remaining with Mercedes for 2020
Ocon to Renault, replacing Hulkenberg.

Haven't seen word if Hulk has secured a drive for 2020. Had seen rumors of him replacing Grosjean, though his relationship with KMag could affect that.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Looks like Bottas has re-signed at MB. I think Ocon and Russell are still too much of a risk and they can still be called to the mother ship in a year if needed or one does spectacularly well.
Ericsson is going to Spa this weekend for Alfa and they say he isn't there to race. Maybe he feels he's out of his Indycar drive anyway or maybe they'll run him in FP1 to compare to Gio. I wasn't all that impressed with his speed in Indycar so who knows.
I guess the Hulkenberg, Ocan, Grosjean situation will be the next news or maybe some other surprise.
I think if I was Haas I'd consider a clean sweep.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ericcson is at Spa as a possible stand in for Kimi. Kimi pulled a muscle & is not 100% for Sunday. They're going to see how he feels in FP & make the call then.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
22 Race Calendar has also been approved for 2020

Adding Vietnam & Netherlands, keeping Spain.

posted Hide Post
Germany for the axe.

I would prefer to see the Russian GP go away. The circuit sucks.

I'd rather see them go back to Portugal (Estoril).

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
Germany for the axe.

\

Agreed that Sochi isn't a great circuit.
Would rather keep Hockenheim or Nurburgring over Sochi.

But, as a Bottas fan, Sochi suits him well Cool
At least, outside of the infamous "Valtteri, it's James" call....

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
Germany for the axe.

\

Agreed that Sochi isn't a great circuit.
Would rather keep Hockenheim or Nurburgring over Sochi.

But, as a Bottas fan, Sochi suits him well Cool
At least, outside of the infamous "Valtteri, it's James" call....

Not to be outdone by the Hockenheim Rob Smedly "Fernando is FASTER THAN YOU. Can you confirm the message?"

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I see ESPN carries delayed quali, culminating a half hour before race start. Roll Eyes

Here's FP2, won't embed. Red looking good, Racing Point making waves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PrMSsEjzHA

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My 'DVR' via YTTV seems accurate.

FP1/FP2 already done.

FP3: ESPN2 - 8/31 0455-0600
Quali: ESPNews - 8/31 0755-0900
Race: ESPN2 - 9/1 0805-1000

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Massive accident in the F2 race claiming the life of Antoine Hubert.
His car went off at Eau Rouge, into the barrier very fast and hard, bounced back into the path of another car that hit it at close to full speed.
The race was red flagged and cancelled after that.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Frown

Terrible to hear.

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Massive accident in the F2 race claiming the life of Antoine Hubert.
His car went off at Eau Rouge, into the barrier very fast and hard, bounced back into the path of another car that hit it at close to full speed.
The race was red flagged and cancelled after that.

F2 fatality

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Video

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post