SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looked a bit similar to Ericsson's crash a year or two ago, except he got thrown back into the track.

With Eau Rouge being taken at WOT, those cars are flying at Radillon.

RIP Hubert Frown

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Pretty good race. I didn’t recognize the anthem at the podium ceremony.
Maybe the first time it’s been played for the winner?

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Seems like kind of a disappointing result for Vettel.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Only the 2nd driver from there IIRC.

quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Seems like kind of a disappointing result for Vettel.

Worse day for Verstappen. Unlucky.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

It's the National Anthem for Monaco. LeClerc is one of the few people actually born in Monaco instead of moving there for a tax shelter.

Posts: 4154 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Adding to the F2 tragedy, the other driver, Juan-Manuel Correa ended up with several fractures in both legs and a spinal injury. His team said he's out of surgery and will be in ICU for a day or two. After he gets stablized, he'll be transferred back to the US for recovery and rehab. While it's great the LeClerc got his first win, this whole weekend has been a bummer.

Posts: 4154 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Not sure what race you watched, but Verdipshit tried to put his car in a spot that wasn't a spot and took out Kimi in the process.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not sure what race you watched, but Verdipshit tried to put his car in a spot that wasn't a spot and took out Kimi in the process.

Was a but chaotic at my house when I was watching, looked like Ver has the corner & Kimi shut the door on him.

Was split attention between the race & the 3 loud kids running laps around the house.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
..3 loud kids running laps around the house.

So whether you saw Max running around Spa or not, you're familiar with the mindset in any case. Wink

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
At some point Max is going to learn that he can’t make up for poor qualifying or a bad start by playing bumper cars in the first few corners.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Was a but chaotic at my house when I was watching, looked like Ver has the corner & Kimi shut the door on him.

Was split attention between the race & the 3 loud kids running laps around the house.

There was no way Kimi or anyone else in that position was going to see Max trying to squeeze inside there. Kimi was ahead and taking the inside line into the corner and worrying about not running into the car to the outside of him.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
quote:
quote:

There was no way Kimi or anyone else in that position was going to see Max trying to squeeze inside there. Kimi was ahead and taking the inside line into the corner and worrying about not running into the car to the outside of him.

I rewatched it a few times, and came away with the following:

The Racing Point had actually moved away from Kimi as he approached the corner.

From the inside corner camera (slow speed), you can see Kimi take the line, and you don't see any overlap of Max's car, and within 1 second max either failed to brake, or did not break as hard as Kimi.

Max should have seen that the corner was not there, and I doubt Kimi thought anybody would try to squeeze 3 meter wide car through a 2.5 meter gap.

I'd say this is a clear cut racing incident, but far more responsibility would fall on Max than Kimi in my opinion.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to say that I was impressed with young Albon. The kid seems very bright, and is not taking it for granted.

I was gutted for Lando Norris and his engine failure on the last lap. I hate he went from 5 to 11.

I am happy for Charles to get the win. He will be the next Lewis. He was very smart in his race, but I am confused how Sebastian has turned into a junk yard dog on tires. He used to be know for making tires last, but the Vettel to LeClerc overlay showed how poorly he faired to his teammate. Charles was putting in lap times within 3/10 of a second of Seb after Seb had sticker softs.

They kept saying that he was going to run down Bottas over the last 10 laps, but managed to claw back only 7 of 20 seconds, after Bottas turned his engine down in the last 8 laps.

Good race, but not great.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'll have to rewatch the start in calmer conditions.

Spa is probably top 3 for me of the current tracks.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Monza locked in through 2024

https://www.formula1.com/en/la...oiHJm5F5XU6ocUO.html

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Horrific photos in article. Amazing that he wasn’t injured.

“A Formula 3 driver was involved in a terrifying crash today as he hit a raised kerb on a race track and flipped through the air three times.

Alex Peroni, 19, was launched through the air after hitting the 'sausage kerb' at the Monza race track in Milan.

The Australian teenager remarkably walked away unscathed after his car nose-dived into the side of the track before landing upside down on its roof.

Today's crash comes exactly one week after the 170mph horror crash that killed Formula 2 driver Anthoine Hubert…”

https://mol.im/a/7438079

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8931 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Without halo that probably ends differently.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Q3 an epic fluster cuck, wow. Eek Eek

**you'll need to click the link to view**

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXGTLj2cw3w

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Wild looking F3 accident too. Luck no one hurt this time.

https://racer.com/2019/09/07/m...r-enormous-f3-crash/

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Q3 was ridiculous. Glad Bottas got his red flag time put back in.