SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Looks like Red Bull is doing the ICE while Ford is working on the electric side.

3 posts above you Razz

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
RBPT is building the ICE, and Ford will be contributing on the EV side of it.
Haven't seen any mention of Cosworth in the mix.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Ford is not building the engine and just the EV part then I dont know what Ford is really making at all. Their Mach-E EV has like 30 rubber hoses in an electric motor while Tesla and VW have like 5 to 10 hoses so not encouraging.

Posts: 178 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: December 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I suspect the statement they made about supplying the electrical part is mostly marketing talk.
They may be be paying for the electrical part but probably not much more than that. Maybe Red Bull lets them put their engineers there to see what they can learn.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marinemaster:
If Ford is not building the engine and just the EV part then I dont know what Ford is really making at all.

I don't think there is a requirement that they make anything in order to slap their name on a car...they just have to write a check.

It isn't like Nissan or Alfa Romeo really contributed to the engineering of the Red Bull or Sauber, respectively, when they were tittle sponsors

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by marinemaster:
If Ford is not building the engine and just the EV part then I dont know what Ford is really making at all.

I don't think there is a requirement that they make anything in order to slap their name on a car...they just have to write a check.

It isn't like Nissan or Alfa Romeo really contributed to the engineering of the Red Bull or Sauber, respectively, when they were tittle sponsors

Well, I believe Nissan [Infiniti in the RBR sense] has some stake in Renault, 15% apparently.
That & RBR using Renault engines for a time ties them up a bit.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Wrong way. Renault owns a majority stake in Nissan/Infiniti.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Wrong way. Renault owns a majority stake in Nissan/Infiniti.

Per Wiki, FWIW:
Renault ownership:
French State 15.01%
Nissan: 15% [cross ownership]
Public: 62.74%

Nissan ownership:
Renault: 43.7% [cross ownership]

So, a bit both ways, I suppose.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Alpha Tauri AT04 Reveal

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Red Bull RB19 Reveal

More of the same, about as expected, IMO.
But, is that a Rokit sponsor on the side of the cockpit? They weren't the brightest of sponsors with Williams, but not near as bad a Rich Energy.

quote:
Team Principal Christian Horner has already hinted that the car will look different when it rocks up in Bahrain for testing.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
McLaren & Aston had their covers pulled off today, as well.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ferrari SF-23 Reveal

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'll be glad when something happens on track that isn't just part of the PR end of things.
They're all potential world beaters right now.
It won't be long.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Still promo: But a 23 spec car under it's own power

Jump to 1:50 for the SF-23 on track (Fiorano?)

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Ferrari looks good, but it is hard to go wrong with almost all red.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Ferrari looks good, but it is hard to go wrong with almost all red.

Look 1000% better without the Mission Winnow graphics, especially the revolting green bit from a couple years ago.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Interested to see if Merc actually does another black car.

Wink

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mercedes W14

Back to black. Roll Eyes
Just doesn't look as good as silver.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just doesn't look as good as silver.

But I'll bet it is way lighter

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like the all-black. I thought silver was kind of bland.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Kills the Silver Arrows moniker
But yes, I'm sure grams are saved by not having to paint/wrap the car
And when grams = seconds, color is a secondary concern.