SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 242 243 244 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Toyota Signs Multi-year Technical Deal with Haas

quote:

Toyota are returning to Formula 1 for the first time since 2009 after signing a technical partnership with the Haas F1 Team that begins immediately.

The Japanese manufacturer spent eight seasons in Formula 1 as a works team and engine supplier, scoring 13 podiums and achieving a best finish of fourth in the constructors’ championship.

As part of the multi-year agreement, Haas and Toyota – through their motorsport and R&D division Toyota Gazoo Racing (TGR) – will “share expertise and knowledge, as well as resources”.

The deal will run alongside their arrangement with Ferrari, whom Haas have worked with since they entered the sport in 2016.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I wonder where that puts Bearman, given his close relationship with Ferrari?
Sounds like this may have been a real surprise to them (Ferrari) too.

Posts: 9850 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I wonder where that puts Bearman, given his close relationship with Ferrari?
Sounds like this may have been a real surprise to them (Ferrari) too.

Ferrari signed off on it

Haas signed off on Ferrari's limitations of sharing information with Toyota

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14255 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
That was how I read the stories as well. Having support of both seems great, and long as the paranoia of Japanese/Italians doesn't seep in. They aren't really competitors in any racing or consumer segment, other than endurance racing. Now, if Ferrari wanted to join WRC or NASCAR, this I would endorse!!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12741 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
It isn't like Toyota is going to be providing engines. I believe their major contribution is give Haas access to their windtunnel and related testing facilities.

What Toyota is getting out of it is access to "not too dated" F1 cars for their drivers to familiarize themselves with

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14255 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

The above video also implies that Toyota will also help build parts for the Haas F1 car to help out Dallara will upgrades being delayed.

Posts: 4457 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Anyone going to the USGP this year?
Fairly good chance I'll be there for Friday, working on tickets via a vendor at work.

Finally got my confirmation, I'll be at COTA for Friday!
Haven't been since 2018, and likely wouldn't be swinging it if it weren't vendor provided tickets [just have to cover parking & lodging, and attend a vendor event/seminar on Thursday].

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
TV schedule for Austin? I find the race on ABC, one practice and sprint quali on ESPN but no race quali or sprint race.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8585 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I've been watching on F1-TV all year.
Don't know if they offer a partial year deal but it wasn't bad for the whole season. They have a monthly subscription that would probably be the best option at this point.
The coverage has been excellent.

https://f1tv.formula1.com/

Posts: 9850 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
We had F1-TV for a while and also tried YouTube TV. I was more comfortable with Sky's coverage on You Tube and dropped F1 although F! TV had much more extensive content. In the end, I felt streaming was a bigger pita than cable and stuck with cable. If some streaming service came up with a better user interface, I'd jump on it. Until then, I guess I'll be deprived. Frown

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8585 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I was paying, per month, for YTTV, what F1TV costs for the year.

Also, F1TV has the SkyF1 coverage, you have to switch to the international feed.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Anyone going to the USGP this year?
Fairly good chance I'll be there for Friday, working on tickets via a vendor at work.

Finally got my confirmation, I'll be at COTA for Friday!
Haven't been since 2018, and likely wouldn't be swinging it if it weren't vendor provided tickets [just have to cover parking & lodging, and attend a vendor event/seminar on Thursday].

Have fun!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53254 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post