SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bahrain 2023: FP1 Results:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bahrain 2023: FP2 Results

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
YouTube TV cut qualifying short, but it's nice to see that Aston Martin really have taken a huge step forward and it's not just Alonzo going faster than the car like usual. The fact that Lance Stroll isn't that far behind them after having double wrist surgery is also impressive.

I'm also hoping Mercedes shows the same lack of pace with Russel beating Hamilton for a 2nd year in a row.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Aside from the Red Bull's dominance at the front, it was a fun race to start the season. Hopefully one of the teams can mount a challenge to the RBs, otherwise Max may break his race win record from last season.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Fuck yeah Fred! Fuck yeah! I was a little scared with Alonso dropping back at the beginning, but watching him dispatch the Mercedes with a customer car was great. I'm still impressed with Lance Stroll this weekend coming back from wrist surgery and finishing 6th.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
"The car is lovely to drive" -- The Fonz Eek Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Lot’s of people like to give Stroll a hard time, but he really did a pretty good job, especially considering his injuries.
He was within .5-.6 of Fernando each session, as close as Perez normally is to Max. He had no testing time before the event and managed to do a really good race.
He was lucky to get away with the first lap hit on his teammate which could have had one or both out on the spot.
Besides the speed itself, the whole Aston Martin team did a great job executing all aspects of the weekend on their first time competing with the big boys. Strategy, pit stops, etc., all as good as anyone.
Hopefully Alonso will get a chance to have a straight out race with the Red Bulls soon without the need to spend half the race clearing the others first.
Now that he’s shown what he could do against the others in a fair fight, it would be great to see a straight up race between him and Max at some point.
Not a bad race for an old guy.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
About as good a start to the season as we could hope for. Good run for Logan, too-P12. Also-Gasly ran a hell of a race-moving up 11 positions. Son and I enjoyed it.

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
YouTube TV cut qualifying short...

I've had problems with Hulu for the last 3 years of not recording at least one of the sessions. This week it was Qualifying. It was listed, but nothing there.

I've been thinking of dropping them and trying YouTube, but if others are having issues, not much use trying.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
No issues with any of the coverage on YTTV for me.

At the end of 22, never would've put Aston as a podium team for 23. Great drive by both drivers.
Hoping Ferrari's issue today was a 1 off & not a persistent issue.
Glad to see a more aggressive Bottas, Hoping Alfa can keep at the front of the midfield.
Terrible day for McLaren.
Great result for Logan, only 8ish seconds outside the points.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomV:
I've had problems with Hulu for the last 3 years of not recording at least one of the sessions. This week it was Qualifying. It was listed, but nothing there.

I've been thinking of dropping them and trying YouTube, but if others are having issues, not much use trying.

This was one of the rare times I've had an issue with YouTube TV cutting off a recording. It's usually really good at adjusting itself if a live program runs long, but Saturday didn't happen. The other nice thing is if you have YouTube TV you can log into the ESPN+ app and watch live and on demand stuff for free if you don't want to do the Disney+ bundle.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Well that was an interesting race, and gaps seem smaller amongst all teams.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
For those like me that don't watch any regular TV anymore, the F1tv Pro annual subscription is $79.95 for the year and you can also watch F2 & F3 races plus all sorts of extras.
Comparing that to Youtube tv at around $960 for a year with much less F1 coverage it seems an easy decision to make.

https://www.formula1.com/en-us/subscribe-to-f1-tv

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
strange I have Youtube TV and had to record it. The recording had the whole race. I wonder how much was cut off the live broadcast?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
For those like me that don't watch any regular TV anymore, the F1tv Pro annual subscription is $79.95 for the year and you can also watch F2 & F3 races plus all sorts of extras.
Comparing that to Youtube tv at around $960 for a year with much less F1 coverage it seems an easy decision to make.

https://www.formula1.com/en-us/subscribe-to-f1-tv

When F1 decides to add a native Samsung SmartTV app, I'll make the jump.
I don't have the real estate where my TV is to add an additional device (Roku, GoogleTV, AppleTV, Et Al) to take advantage for now.
And, we're going to add a TV on our back patio later this year, which would then mean adding another casting device to that one as well. Not to mention the 3 others [much lower usage] as well.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't have the real estate where my TV is

All a Firestick needs is a free HDMI plug. The device itself is tiny and can hang behind the TV.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
My Apple TV gizmo is also just a HDMI plug-in that hangs off the back of my TV and my technical skills are limited. That just connects the TV to Wifi.
My iPhone and iPad F1tv apps control it after that and I can watch on any of those three.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My living room Samsung uses a smart hub, so there's a dock that sits on the shelf & everything plugs into that, and it's crowded there already.
And, it's another device to have to buy, potentially multiple.

Hoping F1 decides to offer a native Samsung app for it.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Can you not cast it from your phone to your TV?

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Can you not cast it from your phone to your TV?

Possibly, haven't looked into it.
Not sure what 2 hours of casting to the TV would do to my battery.