SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I used to like Will as well, he just comes across as more arrogant and smarmy in the little I've seen him lately. I could be wrong.

I put that down to the "role" he plays on Drive To Survive. That show stopped being a "documentary" years ago.

Posts: 4335 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I used to like Will as well, he just comes across as more arrogant and smarmy in the little I've seen him lately. I could be wrong.

I put that down to the "role" he plays on Drive To Survive. That show stopped being a "documentary" years ago.

Agree with that. I enjoyed Will when he was on Speed, but his DTS persona is more grating.

Posts: 3363 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Luckily, I haven't seen the last season or two of DTS.
Buxton is good on the prerace on F1TV
Also really like when JButton is on for commentary

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15553 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
The last season of DTS had Claire (former owner of Williams) and she brought a very unique perspective. It was great to see her on the show.

Still trying to wrap my head around the new announced changes to F1.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3612 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
One of these days, I'll catch up on DTS

Posts: 15553 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
And, of course, JV comes out of the gate being the pompous asshole that he always has been. I’ve got no problem with him having an opinion on Daniel, but express it in a more adult and professional way perhaps?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12501 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Hate clicks are the only way people will pay attention to him. I do like his opinion about tracks needing more grass and gravel to punish driver mistakes instead of 4 miles of runoff on every track.

Posts: 4335 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Interesting Q3
Also, Yuki retained at RB. One more [expected, IMO, he's been driving a lot better] seat off the table.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
P1 - 1:12.000
P2 - 1:12.000

Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8407 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Both Ferraris out of Q3 and Sergio Perez rewards his new Red Bull contract by shitting himself not advancing past Q1. He's looking to be F1's largest waste of space since Ricardo Patrese.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
P1 - 1:12.000
P2 - 1:12.000

Eek

Repeat, for the 2nd time. Last time was 3 identical times IIRC

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Russell really deserved it as he not only did it first (the official tie breaker) but he did his on a used set of tires vs Max on a new set.
Lando was third, a whole .021 seconds off.

https://us.motorsport.com/f1/n...ssell-pole/10621150/

Posts: 9659 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mercedes looking strong this weekend, we'll see how that translates into race pace

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Russell really deserved it as he not only did it first (the official tie breaker) but he did his on a used set of tires vs Max on a new set.

Russel picked up a toll from Abon on his lap, the track was faster when Max did his. It should be a very interesting start.

Danny Ric in 5th was stunning over Yuki in 8th

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14218 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ferrari both out in Q2 was the real shocker.

RBR [Max at least] really looked to be struggling until the last Q3 lap

posted Hide Post
Well, that was an enjoyable race to watch. Nice to see some racing. Not all about tire management and pit stop execution. Watching Hass on extreme wets was ….fun.

Posts: 14 | Location: Outside the Gorge | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
I for one was glad neither McLaren won, rainbow wheels for christ sake.

Posts: 461 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hooch:
I for one was glad neither McLaren won, rainbow wheels for christ sake.

That's one of their sponsors (Google) color scheme.

Posts: 9659 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It's like Chrome is the most used browser in the world with that logo or something...

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
It's like Chrome is the most used browser in the world with that logo or something...

Not only Chrome but the Microsoft logo uses the same colors but in a square vs circle.

https://www.google.com/search?..._sjvIjoI-BLM&vssid=l

https://www.google.com/search?...sclient=gws-wiz-serp

Funny thing is, we get quite an education here on Sigforum. I never noticed (or cared really) about their colors before this. Smile