SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Today's result puts the bottom 5 teams into a hardship for points. 5 teams at the front vying for points now, it seems.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A fun enough race, the enthusiastic crowd adds to the atmosphere. Interesting early and decently tense at the end. I am heartened to see the Mac hold off the Merc, even though the Merc seemed to clearly have a big tire advantage. Mercs stink and Macs on the right track? I dunno but the Macs add a whole new element to the rest of the season. What has happened to the Stroll team?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
A fun enough race, the enthusiastic crowd adds to the atmosphere. Interesting early and decently tense at the end. I am heartened to see the Mac hold off the Merc, even though the Merc seemed to clearly have a big tire advantage. Mercs stink and Macs on the right track? I dunno but the Macs add a whole new element to the rest of the season. What has happened to the Stroll team?

Commentary mentioned that Silverstone wasn't ideal for the Aston chassis.
Mercedes didn't look great in FP, but had great race pace. Ferrari had to Ferrari & put their drivers almost out of the points.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
What has happened to the Stroll team?

Hungary is next and should suit the Aston. If not it's clear they are being out developed. Similar to the Williams but in reverse. They should fall back but if they end up even mid-pack there, they've really made some good progress.
McLaren, Mercedes and Ferrari? Who knows, should be interesting.

Each weekend it seems a different car get the advantage but with the field so close, that's to be expected.

For those that think it's all the car, Perez puts things into perspective. Small (but key) things throughout the weekend can quickly add up. Or down in his case.
Regardless, Adrian Newey should be the highest paid employee in the paddock. Their car is just fast everywhere.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Definitely crazy that Max has finished 1 or 2 in every race so far.

RBR has a massive points haul already, more than double MB in 2nd.
Max is 99 points ahead of Perez in 2nd.

Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Max would be 52 points up in the constructor championship if he was his own team too. That is just crazy considering there have only been ten races so far.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
Max would be 52 points up in the constructor championship if he was his own team too. That is just crazy considering there have only been ten races so far.

That's a crazy way to look at it.
Max could effectively take a 4 race vacation & still be leading the WDC

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Definitely crazy that Max has finished 1 or 2 in every race so far.

RBR has a massive points haul already, more than double MB in 2nd.
Max is 99 points ahead of Perez in 2nd.

And boring. This is a boring season.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
With no fight at the front & seeming like less of a fight in the middle, it's less exciting for sure.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Danny Ric in tire test today, seems like Christian showed up for this. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him in de Vries seat after break as is being widely speculated. Or sooner....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what's boring other than the non-fight for first.
Behind that it looks like a knife fight with nobody able to hold the position for long.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Danny Ric in tire test today, seems like Christian showed up for this. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him in de Vries seat after break as is being widely speculated. Or sooner....

I remember the rumor mill going a bit crazy, briefly, when he went for a seat fit at AT. Seems plausible.

quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Behind that it looks like a knife fight with nobody able to hold the position for long.

The front of the midfield is still fun, guys at the back are just mired in fighting for the non-points spots & picking up all the debris/damage [I think Bottas has had more lap 1 damage from others, than anyone else this season]

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Still just "sources" but that was fast!

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Ricciardo just announced as DeVries replacement.
He can put pressure on both Yuki and Perez if he performs well.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Official, from F1
https://www.formula1.com/en/la...6XpSUZwzHfr9rXp.html

quote:
Daniel Ricciardo will make a sensational return to front-line Formula 1 racing at the upcoming Hungarian Grand Prix, with the Australian set to replace Nyck de Vries at the AlphaTauri team for the rest of the season.

Ricciardo was in action today at Silverstone, driving Red Bull’s current RB19 car in a Pirelli tyre test.

But it’s now been announced that Ricciardo – currently Red Bull’s third driver – will take the place of De Vries from Hungary onwards at AlphaTauri.

“I am stoked to be back on track with the Red Bull family!” said Ricciardo of his new posting, after impressing in his Silverstone test.

"I’m very pleased to welcome Daniel back into the team,” commented Franz Tost, AlphaTauri Team Principal. “There’s no doubt about his driving skills, and he already knows many of us, so his integration will be easy and straight forward. The team will also profit a lot from his experience, as he is an eight-time Formula 1 Grand Prix winner."

Dutch driver De Vries – who starred in a one-off drive for Williams at Monza last year, claiming ninth position – has endured a difficult first season of full-time F1 racing and is yet to score, with AlphaTauri rooted to the bottom of the constructors’ standings.

That’s led to him being replaced after 10 Grands Prix, with eight-time race winner Ricciardo – who lost his drive with McLaren at the end of 2022 following two trying seasons with the team – set to re-join the Faenza-based squad with whom he spent two seasons in 2012 and 2013 in their Toro Rosso guise, before his promotion to Red Bull for 2014.

Ricciardo went on to net seven victories for Red Bull, before joining Renault for two seasons from 2019, then moving onto McLaren for 2021.

Ricciardo had been outspoken in recent interviews about his desire to make it back to a full-time F1 seat, the Australian recently telling ESPN: “Right now, I do want to get back on the grid next year. I do feel like there’s certainly some unfinished business. I’m staying in the loop and staying prepared.”

Ricciardo’s first race back, meanwhile, will come at the venue where he scored the second of his F1 victories at the 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We'll see if he's still got it.
Expectation would have him at minimum outperforming Yuki, if not getting up in the mix at the lower points positions.

If so, pressure will really be on for Perez, with RB being unique in having 4 seats to shuffle around & past instances of swapping RB Sr & Jr drivers.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

I get it, and it is true that action is good behind first, but I can't work up anywhere near as much interest in who wins second, third, or fourth. If Perez and Verstappen were actually racing, I could be interested, but Perez isn't competitive either.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
This pic from testing today tells someone who knows nothing about F1 everything they need to know about Dan.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mr Smiley's back.
Monaco 2017, about the only time to see him genuinely angry & without a smile.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see Danny Ric with a drive. He is unfailingly charming and cheerful.

If he gets into the Red Bull at some point, maybe they'll let him take a run at Max at times.