SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I don't think Bottas ever consistently put the fight to Lewis like Nico, and now George, did. And I'm a Bottas fan. He's not having the best of luck at Alfa, either. Almost makes it seem like going back to Williams would have him in a better spot right now.

Ferrari just can't get it right.

Looking forward to Monza this weekend!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Bottas fan here as well. We are not having a great season and a string of bad luck. I wish Ricardo would join the Alfa team, but I think they depend on the China money too much.

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 645 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yeah, mostly mechanical. Hoping Ferrari can get the PU sorted & they can start putting up some results. Would love to see them at the top of the midfield.
We'll see what the Audi money & PU brings.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I didn't think it was a fun race. Ferrari was a clown show. Verstappen obviously has the fastest car, and then the safety car allowed him to take the lead late without any real effort. He might have done it anyway, but . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it more because Zandvoort really doesn't give much chance to catch your [driver's] breath. Seems like a non-stop track, which I liked.
Short enough to keep cars constantly on each other (even if they're 1-2 laps down) but not Monza hyperspeed where you can just blow by.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I guess this is real, wtf?!

Perez running over Ferrari wheel gun, eventually. Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I do like that the current F1 “harassment” issues with the F1 Twitter twats are that Yuki Tsunoda intentionally took a dive to help Max were started by Sky Sports F1.

https://racer.com/2022/09/06/a...conspiracy-theories/

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perez running over Ferrari wheel gun, eventually.

Launch mode.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Perez running over Ferrari wheel gun, eventually.

Launch mode.

Yup, I recall them saying the Zandvoort has a tighter pitlane than Monaco, not sure if that hyperbole or truth, but it's definitely not spacious.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
I do like that the current F1 “harassment” issues with the F1 Twitter twats are that Yuki Tsunoda intentionally took a dive to help Max were started by Sky Sports F1.

https://racer.com/2022/09/06/a...conspiracy-theories/

They seem to have missed the fact that it was Bottas car stopping that caused the FC yellow, not Yuki.
I suspect that Yuki actually did think he had a loose wheel for some reason and had unbuckled his belts, not just loosened them. That's why he was so slow driving back.
The mechanic was doing a lot more than pulling them tight, he was re-buckling them. Had that been shown to the FIA, that he drove without the belts being buckled, there would have been hell to pay I suspect.
The team knew the wheel wasn't loose from the data. Not sure why they couldn't tell the diff or a Tripod joint was broken from data.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
They were strapping Yuki back in because he had loosed his belts because he thought they were retiring the car and was going to get out.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Lew was complaining during the race about the VSC really screwed them. It allowed max to take a pit and it did not cost him the full 21seconds. But SkySports Hypothesized that this was a conspiracy. which they rolled back but too late. Then the pic of Hannah smiling when the VSC came out, really sends them over the edge. You get a gift of 10 seconds in F1 and you smile and take it.

The reality is I dont think for one second they called down to Alpha, and said, we need a caution.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
They were strapping Yuki back in because he had loosed his belts because he thought they were retiring the car and was going to get out.

I guess it's a difference in terminology.

Loosened to me, implies slackening them at the adjusters and they are only at the shoulder belts. The main lap belt and crotch straps only adjust by unbolting and would normally be done when basic fitting of the driver is done. Something I don't think happened there. This looked more like he had undone the central buckle, releasing them all at the latch on the lapbelt, as he expected to get out once the correct lights showing the electrical charge was safe. Meanwhile the pitwall convinced him to drive back to the pits.

That's what I think he did, based on the mechanics actions during the pitstop.
Driving the car on the track with the harness completely released would be a major no-no under the safety rules and I'm surprised the FIA didn't seem to pick up on that.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Something I don't think happened there.

I think you're right on this one. If he had just loosened they'd have leaned in, pulled him so tight his ass drug pavement and been done. All that fiddling around looked like loosening enough to be able to reattach and then snugging down again.

If asked directly by the FIA, my advice would be to be truthful whatever is was.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Something I don't think happened there.

I think you're right on this one. If he had just loosened they'd have leaned in, pulled him so tight his ass drug pavement and been done. All that fiddling around looked like loosening enough to be able to reattach and then snugging down again.

If asked directly by the FIA, my advice would be to be truthful whatever is was.

With how many cameras are on the cars & in the pit lane (downward camera over the pit box) I'm sure the FIA already knows if he was driving around the circuit unlatched.
Guessing a couple penalty points & a fine, best case.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ferrari Monza livery:

https://www.formula1.com/en/la...Qv3SMH1pHKIqIBM.html

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It's better than the weird neon green from last year, but not loving the yellow.
Hopefully it doesn't trigger some Mercedes/Hockenheim special livery woes.

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
It is evidently not Tsunodo's first time on track with loose belts either.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I mean the guy might not be tall enough to ride a roller coaster. Not too surprising about the loose belts.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
After years of speculation, the details of Porsche's entry to Formula 1 became clear in late July. The German automaker would buy a 50-percent stake of Red Bull and a deal was set to be announced in early August. A little over a month after the tie up was supposed to be confirmed, Porsche announced today the deal is dead.

Sorry to read this; I was looking forward to the Porsche/Red Bull partnership. Apparently, the hang up is that Red Bull wants to maintain total control.

Road &Track Article

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post