SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
So after watching the discussion from FP3 and the talk about the financial review. Why did Wolff make the comments he did or how was it leaked? Will they take Verstappen's championship? Holy hell this could get ugly.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Given the expected massive recoil/outrage, I can't see them stripping Max of his WDC, especially with tye Abu Dhabi SC drama.

I could see other penalties to the team.
Can't strip the WCC since MB took it last year.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
And much like Christian Horner, there’s been no evidence disclosed that Red Bull did what they are accused of. And if it is as confidential as everyone claims, how does anyone know anything about any of this?

This smells like Russia until proven otherwise.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
Several team managers are saying that overspending last years budget gave the team an unfair advantage for this year and the violators should face severe penalties during the current year...possibly including being excluded from the championship.

They were saying that going over the cap is worst than cheating on a car spec

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Seems like a complicated process if it takes this long to determine how much was spent last year.
While that’s not the issue of if they did or didn’t, this makes it hard to do what might be the correct and timely punishment, if needed.
I hope this is just another rumor as they don’t need this issue to take away from the sporting aspect.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Race of attrition & a lot of mistakes.
Fun watch though.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Dull as dishwasher for me. I haven't missed Singapore since COVID, and if F1 wants to prune the schedule, this one can go.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Still looks like they're racing in a big parking garage.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Still looks like they're racing in a big parking garage.

Tokyo Drift.

With an afterparty to determine actual winners.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
FIA seems to have delayed posting the certificates today. Also, issued a statement that there should be no speculating on the results.

Wolff and Binotto are pointing fingers at Red Bull. I think it will be funny if all three are found to be at fault Smile

Anyway, on to Japan.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Suzuka!
One of my favorite tracks, definitely top 5.
Going out of town for the weekend F-M, questionable if I'll be able to watch before Monday night.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Honda back on the four Red Bull cars.
I guess that may mean the Porsche deal really is dead.
I’d also think Honda has looked over the cost cap issue as they aren’t the type to want to jump into the middle of something questionable.
Does this mean Honda’s getting back in big time?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/...apanese-gp/10379593/

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Gasly to Alpine for 23
DeVries to AlphaTauri

Think that narrows DR's options to Haas & Williams.

posted Hide Post
DR isn’t going to either Williams or Haas. More likely he’ll sit out next season, or be a reserve driver. Haas doesn’t want him for both cost and performance reasons. They’ll either keep MSC (maybe less likely since he wrecked another car on his own today, on a slow in-lap after a practice start at the end of FP2) or call in the Hulk. I don’t think DR has any interest in being in perennial backmarker Williams, and they are more interested in getting a pay driver anyway.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Danny Ric will not be driving in F1:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/...id-in-2023/10381493/

He’s not racing in another series, either. He’s working on being a Reserve driver for someone, but he’s given up on a full time drive next year.

posted Hide Post
To be honest, I’m not sure who would want DR as a reserve driver. Most teams use a young driver, usually one currently competing in F2 or F3 that they look to eventually make a move up to F1. Neither Red Bull nor Ferrari want him, and Mercedes unsurprisingly said no (don’t think he ever had a real chance with them anyway).

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
One of the bottom teams would probably like someone experienced in the simulator in a Pedro de la Rosa kinda role. Given that Nico Hulkenberg or Antonio Giovinazzi (for some fucking reason) might make it back into a Haas next year, it might work out.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I don’t think DR has done anything this season to warrant a seat for next season. He seems like a fun guy, but maybe he should spent more time honing his craft than worrying about his next tattoo?

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Max Verstappen is World Champion after LeClerc gets a 5 second time penalty for cutting a corner and gaining an advantage. Also, the worthless corner workers at Suzuka almost murdered Pierre Gasly by putting emergency vehicles on the track before the Safety Car had stabilized the track. I love Suzuka, but this is another reason why F1 needs a dedicated Safety Crew that goes to each track instead of leaving it to the tracks to work on.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Max Verstappen is World Champion after LeClerc gets a 5 second time penalty for cutting a corner and gaining an advantage. Also, the worthless corner workers at Suzuka almost murdered Pierre Gasly by putting emergency vehicles on the track before the Safety Car had stabilized the track. I love Suzuka, but this is another reason why F1 needs a dedicated Safety Crew that goes to each track instead of leaving it to the tracks to work on.

They need to and will investigate why the equipment was moved out there before the cars were stopped at the pits, but Pierre shares a significant amount of blame too.

The pace car was on the track, double yellows and the pace car had been there, he knew where the accident site was, and the car was right there at the edge of the track as a hazard even without the equipment or workers, and both the flag light board and also his dash had a red indicating the race was being stopped.
No reason whatsoever to be going anything above a crawl at that point. Everyone is to go slow and stop that lap at the pits.
Read the report from the FIA indicating his speed during that lap.

Whoever allowed or instructed the equipment to be there should also face some sanctions and blame but for Pierre to make that claim considering his own involvement also shows poor judgement and a tremendous disregard for everyone's safety.

The flashing red is clear in the video here before he gets to the accident site.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/...gasly-crane-incident

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220-9er,