SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic Country Music
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Country Music Login/Join 
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
This song is only three weeks old but I think it is truly an "instant classic." He is certainly NOT Nashville polished new country. Oliver Anthony singing "Rich Men North of Richmond." I think this Virginian has an old soul and would fit in fine on SIGforum.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1296 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been seeing lyrics/hearing tunes from Roger Miller all day long. Adding one of my favorites; I remember it best from '74 in Driver's Ed. having just made a perfect entrance onto I-95.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1296 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Thanks cas, I haven't heard that in a hunert years!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
A little traveling music

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Some more Don... heard it today for the first time in a long time.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’d sure like to see the whole show this comes from, the Dan Seals perf comes from it too.

Found it. The show is from 1999 at the Ryman Auditorium. I am purposely posting the link rather than embedding, it’s a bit more than an hour-and-a-half. I think there may actually be 3 parts to this show, so the link will take you to YT where you can look at some other links to this show. Ralph Emery said it was recorded over 2 days.

Ryman Reunion 1999

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you'd like to explore new artists still performing old country, honky tonk etc have a look within the ameripolitan genre. Dale Watson flipped his middle finger at Nashville and celebrates those true to real country

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Another one from my Momma's favorite:

posted Hide Post

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My favorite female singer of all is Emmylou Harris, and while she’s in the Country Music HoF, she also sings in other genres. I’ve always thought that when it comes to pure Country, nobody was better than Tammy Wynette.

We all do

posted Hide Post
A little seasonal favorite..or two.

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post