SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic Country Music
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Country Music Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I Wonder If God Likes Country Music - Bill Anderson And John Conlee
Stay with it until John joins in about at 2:30.

Now how about this newish guy doing George Jones Grand tour.
Preceding his life as a Country Artist, Tony Jackson enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps after high school, and served four years, and then was redeployed during the Iraq War.
Tony Jackson - Grand Tour

Tony Jackson belts out this Conway classic

One more from Tony...
JOHN SEBASTIAN & TONY JACKSON ask DO I EVER CROSS YOUR MIND?

So how about one of George Jones earliest hits?
" Just One More " is a 1956 country music song by American artist George Jones. It was released as a single on Starday Records in 1956 reached #3 on the Billboard country singles chart.

And the lovely Martina Mcbride version of Just one More.
Martina McBride - "Just One More"

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I had a post just above but I think this one deserves a separate post.

On Oct. 10, 1970, Johnny Cash took the Kris Kris Kristofferson-penned song "Sunday Morning Coming Down" to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles Charts. Cash's recording of the song forever solidified it as one of the great entries in the American songbook.

Kris kicks it off... but watch the way he is grinning at Johnny during the song... all the way to the bank as they say!

There is a video of the entire show as well, great stuff, but I didn't find it right away. It is amazing how much respect these guys show for each other during the show... for example how they all step back from the mike in unison and leave the lead, solo singer to himself in the spot light. And notice Johnny watches for the nod from Kris before he takes the lead.

One could argue perhaps this isn't a classic country song... but if ain't classic country who is?

Sunday Morning Coming Down . Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson Live.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Not a classic...yet Wink

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

I can’t listen to a Dan Seals recording and not think of this one, probably his best known.

]

I was going to post that exact video. Good song and I really like everyone there in the background singing along.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Johnny Cash recorded Hurt was 71 years old when he recorded Hurt. It was released in 2002. I think it was one of his very best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHCfZTRGiI

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
Johnny Cash recorded Hurt was 71 years old when he recorded Hurt. It was released in 2002. I think it was one of his very best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHCfZTRGiI

Trent Reznor said, “It’s no longer my song.”

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gustofer,

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Eddy Shaver filling in for Pete Anderson.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Glad cas brought this thread back up, especially with that great song!

Here’s three more from a playlist of mine.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
^^^ 3 of my favorite performers. Smile

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
No idea how to embed a video, but Clint Black's "Killin' Time" is a modern classic to me.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
1985 appearance on Austin City Limits. The Telecaster player is a Brit named Ray Flacke. Ricky Skaggs is playing a Joe Glaser mandocaster, with a string bender.