SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic Country Music
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Country Music Login/Join 
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
From north of the border.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

I remember driving west on I-40 down to Ashfork the day I first heard Leann Rimes, and this song. I was blown away; that doesn’t happen very often.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Price

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I love the old country stuff, and by old I mean very early 60s and older.

When I was a kid I had a transistor radio and I had to put it by a certain window in the house to pick up "good" stations-KAAY, 1090, in Little Rock is one I remember.

I heard a lot of early country from the juke boxes and some of you may recall the "personal sized" juke box on your table at restaurants. Just drop in a dime for a song or a quarter for three.

I loved Ernest Tubbs, Hawkshaw Hawkins, Cowboy Copas, Marty Robbins. Little Jimmy Dickens, Carl Smith and Webb Pierce. Whoops, almost forgot Faron Young.

Sometimes I was able, starting a few years ago, to catch one of these artists on Willie's Road House.

But that all changed with the advent of Pandora! I recently fired Sirius (since I had not used it for some time) and programmed my Pandora for Bob Wills, Tommy Duncan and all of the others I listed above.

BTW, the Grand Ole Opry Country Show, filmed in 1955-56, is 30 minutes of color filmed (they had color in the mid-50s?) 1950s Opry stars on RFD TV on Saturday evenings.

I wonder if anybody remembers Billy Grammer's Gotta Travel On?

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Yep.

There's a live version of this with Red Sovine, and one of the Wilburn Brothers (I think Doyle) in color but the quality is poor.

posted Hide Post
The Master's Call by Marty Robbins gave me chills the first time I heard it and still does. A great voice singing a great message.

Posts: 146 | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I had never listened to Billy Currington before, and it probably doesn’t meet the definition of “classic country music,” but I liked it!

posted Hide Post
As the lady said We've got both kinds country and western. Too many songs to list by them but depending on the mood I will raise a glass to most anything by Bob Wills, Gentleman Jim Reeves, Haggard, and Patsy Cline.

Posts: 146 | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someday soon, I just want to get in the car and drive out to Winchester, VA and again visit her homeplace during her teen years. It's only about 60 miles away. My fave.

posted Hide Post

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post