SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic Country Music
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Country Music Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I wouldn't want to live in a world without Rick Astley"

Well sure, after I read that I couldn't get the song out of my head. (Yes, I'm beating you to death with all the Don Williams.)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Fun memory of this song.. summer of 2000 I was on a cross country drive with a friend and I brought a few cassette tapes with old country music on it. My friend was newer to country music, but he was familiar with the Sawyer Brown cover of the song. He was driving when it came on and I knew he'd likely never heard it, so I watched his face waiting for a reaction. Because of the different sound, and the huge difference in tempo, it took him all the way to the second line of the chorus to recognize it. His eyes got wide and he went "Oh my God! That's a remake? It's so slow!" Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I really like Paulette Carlson’s voice. You’ll see the late Roger Miller in this video, he co-wrote the song.

The threads getting too long to check back through it.

ETA: I really don’t need another electric guitar, but if I came across a deal on a Danelectro Longhorn, I would be sorely tempted.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Vince Gill sings backup with her on this one.

posted Hide Post
Didn't see this one, this is good stuff.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
MRBTX, she was something, wasn’t she. A young man’s dream girl.