SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I managed to snag two bottles of Willet pot still reserve small batch. I am enjoying this first tasting.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that stuff too and they have the coolest bottles. I have one of the 1.75 liters and also a mini on my whiskey shelves.

quote:
Originally posted by petr:
I managed to snag two bottles of Willet pot still reserve small batch. I am enjoying this first tasting.

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VANQUISH:
I like that stuff too and they have the coolest bottles. I have one of the 1.75 liters and also a mini on my whiskey shelves.

quote:

That 1.75 is huge. Like a trophy.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it is really cool. It is the only one I have ever seen in the wild and still unopened.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have all three Big Grin Only the med sized one is opened

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Dipped my toe in & bought a bottle of Woodford Reserve
Just the basic, straight over a few cubes of ice.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Dipped my toe in & bought a bottle of Woodford Reserve
Just the basic, straight over a few cubes of ice.

Be very, very careful. Woodford is a gateway Bourbon. Smile

Enjoy!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I blame my stepdad, he got me started on it.
Will have to venture to some of their other offerings, I like the ryes (Bulleit & Redemption) for an Old Fashioned, but haven't tried them straight.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bourbon goes in and
Knowledge comes out
Picture of majik61
posted Hide Post
I like Sazerac Rye neat.

----------------------------------Why worry and hurry through life? You can't come out of it alive.

Posts: 185 | Location: Florence SC | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a bottle of Whistlepig Piggyback Bourbon. I have been looking for it for a while. I am not a huge rye fan but everyone swears by Whistlepig so I wanted to try it. Not too shabby. I got a bottle of Smooth Ambler Founders Edition Cask Strength in West Virginia and haven't been able to find another in Ohio. That is a great bottle if you can find it. I signed my wife up for a lot of lotteries and she won (the opportunity to purchase) a Presidents Choice from Old Forester. I have seen those go for 7-900 on the secondary sites. She wanted to sell it but I told her the only way that bottle is leaving the house is through my liver. Old Forester said they are going to do the Birthday Bourbon the same way from now on.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I didn't browse a ton, but the place I got my Woodford seemed to have a lot of the 'bulk/common' brands that I've seen on the last 4-5 pages, at what seemed normal prices.

My phone is busted (new phone sitting on the counter at home) so I couldn't browse this thread while I was tehre.

I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried the Larceny Barrel Proof batch A123 yet? Both it and the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof A123 hit here in Idaho. I'm going to refrain from the ECBP, as of the past 6 batches, I really only liked the C922.

Idaho also recently did their Pappy/BTAC lottery and I was fortunate enough to get drawn, only problem is I got drawn for a rye... Frown

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
quote:
Originally posted by VANQUISH:

quote:

That 1.75 is huge. Like a trophy.

WATCH OUT with that large Willet!
I had a bottle a few years ago. The Wife got it at a fund raiser at a liquor store. Yes, It's a pretty good bourbon, and I really enjoyed it, however.....
All I want is a simple 2 finger pour. That's it, nothing crazy, if I want more, the bottle is still there.
It's impossible to get a 2 finger pour out of that long neck bottle, it always landed up being a 4 finger. Not that this is a complaint, just a warning! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlbailey1:
Idaho also recently did their Pappy/BTAC lottery and I was fortunate enough to get drawn, only problem is I got drawn for a rye... Frown

Buy it and trade it!

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not tried that Larceny BP yet but was told it was really good.

Shoot me an email if you want to trade something for that rye.

quote:
Originally posted by tlbailey1:
Has anyone tried the Larceny Barrel Proof batch A123 yet? Both it and the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof A123 hit here in Idaho. I'm going to refrain from the ECBP, as of the past 6 batches, I really only liked the C922.

I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Oh, I did buy it, and have had some guys on our local boards offer quite comical trade offers. My problem is I don't really buy to trade, and I don't 'flip' bottles. Being an ABC state, we pay MSRP, so we all know what I paid for it. I'm not a fan of the secondary market.

I have no problem picking up bottles for buddies and getting reimbursed at cost, but that's different. One group of buddies would all love it, but choosing who gets it would just be too much headache.

I've got a friend in Texas that I might see what he can get for it in trade. Confused

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"She wanted to sell it but I told her the only way that bottle is leaving the house is through my liver."

Hahhaha! Thanks for the laugh.

1792 (either version) use to be my go to once everyone discovered the Weller's I was fond of and it disappeared.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was on my way home from the Badlands today and stopped by a gas station to use the restroom and saw they also had a liquor section.

Swing through it and ended up walking out of there with 6 bottles of Buffalo Trace for $30 a bottle. Made some buddies that haven't seen it in awhile happy.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Finally got to try Blantons. Ok to me. Had a slightly spicy flavor so I guess it has a bit more rye.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Star Trek Spirits released a new Whiskey, Romulan Ale Rye Whiskey, which of you Trekophiles is going to step up and buy this...

The local ABC has it at $50, retail at the manufactures web is $90.
A link, where no man has gone before

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post