SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeeTen:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
I am hooked on Blanton's, of course its sold out everywhere, does anyone know when it releases every year? Can anyone rec'd something similiar?

We just got our allocation of Blanton's last week. I'll be in Dallas the third week of December to officiate at a swim meet. Want me to bring you one???? Wink

HTH,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

Dallas is a long drive, but thanks for the offer.

thanks again 46and2 I guess Ill be on the lookout for both now.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
You had me at bourbon! Big Grin

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I Picked up 2 Bottles of Blantons today.. the girl in the State store said she had not seen any in a couple months. They had a lot of stuff in stock I had not seen for a while Must be a black Friday thing.. They also had Angels Envy..

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9072 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
So wierd my store has 10 bottles get s about a case a month

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Jay my store has Blanton. If you want to pay shipping I have sent bottles to many states over the past few years.

I finished a few bottles I had been trying and got to break out a few bottles from the bunker to open. Opened an Elmer and Stagg Jr. Stagg Jr is one of my favorites.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
I can still get Blanton's for $40.79/btl 'til 11/29 at my store (in fact anyone can!). Where's that next paycheck????? Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
oh boy I jumped the shark and just bought a bottle of George Stagg 2013. and maybe something in the VW collection.

Also got 5 bottles of willet 2 yr rye, whistlepig 10 yr and willet pot still bourbon. Oh and midnight dream whatever high west rye. As the thread states, its just money....

posted Hide Post
now you're just rubbing salt in our collective wounds...congrats on the acquisitions!

Posts: 283 | Registered: December 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put a bid in on a job at the Buffalo Trace Blanton Bottling building, safe to say they are still turning out Blanton's and Eagle Rare.

Couple of overhead shots

Boxed up and ready to go...

Their display case tops mine at home

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Hey dibs on that blantons gold! I believe u can only get it in the UK.

If i paid retail prices for the first two i listed but since i didnt its like i get salt in my wounds Smile

More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:

Their display case tops mine at home

Please Santa. I tried to be good boy.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Hey dibs on that blantons gold! I believe u can only get it in the UK.

If i paid retail prices for the first two i listed but since i didnt its like i get salt in my wounds Smile

Masters of Malt will be happy to ship it to your from the UK. Shipping isn't cheap, so you'll want to buy more than one bottle. I'd like to try the Gold and the Straight From The Barrel.

Link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jigray3,

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't bother with Blanton's Gold if you're paying exchange rate and shipping. Get Straight from the Barrel instead and proof it down yourself if you're so inclined.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Good to know berto!

Yes Master of malt has like a flat 60$ shipping charge. Its wherr my knockando came from.

posted Hide Post
Found a bottle of 15 year old Harper on the shelf today. I knew this was hitting the states again, but first I have seen in person. Admittedly I haven't looked too hard for it.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
How is it? I have one waitinf to try.

posted Hide Post
I found the IW Harper 15 boring and not worth the money. The bottle is pretty but it dresses up an uninspiring bourbon lacking complexity and finish. It isn't bad by any stretch but it isn't memorable. At $75+ I want something more than "meh". It's similar in taste, cost, gimmickry, and overall experience to the Orphan Barrel series overall and the Forged Oak 15 yr old in particular. Overpriced and marketed to meet the demand for older and supposedly hard to find bourbon never mind the wide release and bottle numbers in the tens of thousands. It's a fair price to pay for aged bourbon in the current market but not close to a value play. There's a reason this stuff languished in warehouses and wasn't bottled on its own until now

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I completely agree with your assessment of the I.W.Harper 15. Much better offerings at a fraction of the cost. My only Orphan Barrel experience has been Barterhouse, which I find enjoyable, and far superior to the Harper. Others who have tried Diageo's other offerings seem to feel Barterhouse is one of the better ones in the OB series, especially from a value standpoint. I think they are losing their demographic with their marketing shenanigans, lack of transparency, and pricing, though.

ABC stores in VA offered 15% off on quantity purchases on Friday. My contact set aside another 6 bottles of Elmer for me. At less than $29.00 a bottle, I'll take damn near all I can get.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My wife bought me a whisky/scotch advent calendar. Each sample is a dram and there's some high dollar stuff in there. There's even a 50 year single malt!

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I actually got to try an ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR single malt scotch whisky on Thanksgiving:

ABERLOUR 18 year

UN-FREAKING-BELIEVEABLE

Drinking it neat is the only option as it is the best, smoothest I have EVER had to date. I'm sure there are other great ones out there waiting to be discovered as well, but this one will be hard to beat!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post