SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeeTen:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by GeeTen:
Just got a case of Elmer T. Lee 750s in today. Limit one (1) per customer - $22.99, no tax!!! Big Grin

Drinking it neat right now. Sure cures the sore feet after 10 hours at the store. Yummmmmm. Razz

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

Can you ship me one? For real, it's rarer than hens teeth around me right now.

Let me see if there's any left when I get to work at noonish. We can work something out. Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

Sweet! Email in profile or just post here.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Got it! Please e-mail (addy in profile) and we can work it out.

HTH,
F.
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Well tried whistle pig 10yr rye. Its not a drink to have neat like willet. But it makes a damn good rye old fashion, my buddy had it straight, then a manhattan and had the same approach. Its quite the drink maker. Really shines there. Normally im not a fan of using expensive booze in a mixed drink but ill change my tone on WP. A+ in the classic bourbon/rye drinks.

On the flipside i made a willet 2yr rye old fashion, and it wasnt as good as the WP. Im not sure why I wont put fine bourbon or rye in a mixed drink when i always reach for the best tequila in a margarita. Im a walking hypocrit!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Got Stagg Jr. (12 750s) and put one (1!) on the shelves tonite @ $38.99. Another is here at home with me, helping ease the pain of being on my feet for 10 hours. Big Grin

Also saw my old buddy at the store, Jimmy Koch (of Sam Adams beer fame) and got to try some of his Utopia - too yummy for me (right. . . . . )! Wink

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's an amazing price for Stagg Jr......cost me $50 .....but I'm not complaining

Posts: 283 | Registered: December 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Total Wines & More is an amazing place. And we don't pay tax on beer, wine or spirits here in the People's Republic of Massachusetts! Finally, a reason to stay (heh, heh). Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
for the rye this year might be it from the tanks and rumor is the tanks were emptied and bottled last year with this years release being holdback.
interesting. I had heard that this wasn't supposed to happen until the new (BT-made) Rye was ready, where the old had been measured and divided by the number of yeas left to finish a new batch (some 240cases a year or something). Is the new batch of Rye ready, then, or did they just need the Vat so they bottled ahead of schedule? very curious, indeed.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I tried Jefferson Ocean Aged at the company Christmas Party last weekend and was not impressed. Bland and weak, imo.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tried Jefferson Ocean Aged at the company Christmas Party last weekend and was not impressed. Bland and weak, imo.

Agreed - we have a bourbon that was aged on the island of Nantucket that tried to achieve that "ocean-age" feel, too.

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

P.S. - Stagg Jr. is mighty fine - real smooth, right?

I miss Erhardt!

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to me by way of GeeTen! Thanks a bunch for the Elmer T. Haven't had a chance to Crack it open yet.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
^^^ nice score.

I tried the pappy 20 at dinner last night. Much better than the 15 for sure. I was feelin pretty good tho...

The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Merry Christmas to me by way of GeeTen! Thanks a bunch for the Elmer T. Haven't had a chance to Crack it open yet.

You're welcome, Yellow Jacket! I'll let all y'all know when something comes into the store for a great price (after I get my bottle, of course). Big Grin

Doubt we'll see Pappy 'til next Spring, tho'. Frown

But I did score three (3) new S&W M&P 15-22 shortie mags for Steel Challenge at the Ft. Worth Gun Show on Saturday for $45 cash!

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

posted Hide Post
Anyone found the Weller 12yr lately? Been wanting to find a bottle to try but no luck.

Posts: 253 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: March 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Got a bottle yesterday. Smile and some other good juice.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
oh my god.

an area store has Baby Sazerac priced at 49.99/750ml.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ yikes. I got 2 bottles a t 22 or 26 bucks. Im think 26.

I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Any opinions on Thomas H Handy Sazerac Rye? It's part of the BT Antique collection, I know that much. I put everyone I knew into the lottery here in Idaho and my mom just got a call that she was drawn for this. I don't think I've ever had rye, so I don't know if I should have her get it.

I was hoping for Stagg, WL Weller or Eagle Rare 17. It's priced at $79.99, so I'm not real sure what to do, help? Of course nobody got drawn for any of the Pappy, kinda bummed but as is life!

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Its good juice. Think rye bread with some fruity notes and a high proof. If you dont want it please have her buy it and i will be happy to pay you cost + shipping. Secondary market theyre anywhere from 250-300 but i try not to fuel that like the ammo craze. I can find stuff to trade as well if ur looking for something.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlbailey1:
Any opinions on Thomas H Handy Sazerac Rye? It's part of the BT Antique collection, I know that much. I put everyone I knew into the lottery here in Idaho and my mom just got a call that she was drawn for this. I don't think I've ever had rye, so I don't know if I should have her get it.

I was hoping for Stagg, WL Weller or Eagle Rare 17. It's priced at $79.99, so I'm not real sure what to do, help? Of course nobody got drawn for any of the Pappy, kinda bummed but as is life!

I'll take it... Smile

(it's delicious. get it)

posted Hide Post
The TH Handy is quite good. It's relatively young and barrel proof so it's quite the mouthful. If I were you I'd definitely buy it and enjoy it. Small sips. Add a couple drops of water if you want. It's well worth adding to the rotation.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post