SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Just when I thought I was out, you guys pull me back in!!

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Good fun. Pulling engines and watching them blow. Smile

I won't need engines to build a mozzie for a while.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
http://www.insurrectiongaming....5047/article/2305640

JSRS 1.5 sound mod is now enabled on all servers!
By [ZFG] Shogun a - Posted Thu at 1:17
If you like to have a new experience with DayZ, or our servers, you should give this a try. Follow this tutorial in the link at the bottom and you'll be good to go. What this does is replace 90% of the sounds in ArmA2/OA. All guns, explosions, vehicles, foot steps, everything. Use the follow command line for Chernarus 1, 2, and Napf

-mod=@CBA_CO;@JSRS_1.5;

use the following command line for the Epoch origins server

-mod=@CBA_CO;@JSRS_1.5;@DayZOrigins

http://dayz.st/w/JSRS

-Shogun

Here's a youtube video of how it changes the weapon sounds.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
I ended up not messing with the sounds, if it takes longer than 5 minutes...fuck it.

On another note, that base we hit the other night with the merlin where myrottie so graciously donated a deathball is in fact supposedly Xack's base. Cruised over it last night and he hasn't put anything else up on the roof yet.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
New server notes...some are rather interesting...

5/20/14

Postby IF ((SHOGUN)) THEN; » Wed May 21, 2014 9:47 am
All Servers---

---New Safezone function for vehicles. If no one is in a vehicle and it is in the safezone, it will not take any damage, no matter what.

---Partial anti-grief function for vehicles. Same as the safezone, if no one is in a vehicle, and it is in range of a plot pole (50 meters), it will not take any damage.

---Changed the gather weed script. The plant now looks a little close to weed. Also when you gather it, the script will destroy the plant, therefore is now a limited supply during each restart. Napf will have its map edit changed to have more plants in the area.

---Changed the distance of all safezones. Extended most safezones out to 300 meters instead of its default radius.

---Changed the "no build/cannot log off in trader city" radius to anywhere from 500 meters to 1000 meters around traders (mostly effected Chernarus servers). Napf is next on the list.

---Reduced buy/sell price of all gem stones from 1 briefcase to 5 10oz gold. This price will go down again if we notice players choosing the mines over the weed farming.

---Removed all one-shot-kill weapons and all rocket launchers from all loot tables. This loot is just for sector HF. On the Chernarus servers, you can still find some of this stuff on the aircraft carrier.

Chernarus 1 and 2---

---All traders have changed. Hero, Bandit, Bash, Klen, NEAF aircraft trader, and now "Pusta" traders have their map edits changed. All add some form of RP element and because of the extended safezones, more of a chance to relax and just mess around. Bandit trader has a little racetrack around it, perfect for ATVs. Hero trader is a good place to recover after firefights and any vehicle engagements. Klen and the aircraft trader are now more protected against getting rammed out of the safezone. All rules in/around safezones still stand.

---Removed all the individual traders along the center of the map and put them all in one place. "Trader City Pusta"

---Changed the map edit for the weed harvesting area.

---Added a slight AI respawn system to the harvesting area.

---Removed all barracks from all previous map edits. Now there is a total of 6 barracks on the Chernarus servers. 1 at the weed harvest, 1 at the south end of NWAF, 1 at the east side of NWAF, and 3 at the north end of NWAF. Sector HF still has barracks there, however you still have to deal with the crap ton of AI.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
This probably means that the HF base is going to now be within a trade zone, not sure if it will continue to let me pay the plot pole or not, I will test it tonight when I get home. (If it even still exists)

So that means if you have anything up there, now would be a good time to start moving it to a new location. Arc has spots for rent and I can even build a smaller base for you somewhere if you're not good at building. And of course there's the Balota warehouse which Arc has been paying the plot pole on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gravebone,

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
What's the point of the awnings now? The anti base griefing thing is so stupid.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
********The HF base is now in a trader zone. I paid the plot pole today so everyone has 1 week (until 5/28) to get their stuff out!********

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Maybe we all need to make an organized effort to get all the "public" stuff out of the HF base and move it to one of the other bases?

I think beyond that, everybody should be on their own with personal safes at HF.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Dang you guys. Was playing and blinked. Woke up on the couch with the keyboard in my lap still.

Worst thing. Is I don't remember what I was doing. Bought a LAV and was unloading my safe from HF. Then blinked.

Hopefully it's all still there. LOL.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Tonight I'll start moving building supplies and stuff down to the Balota base. There are launchers and rockets left, so if you still play on a regular basis that stuff is up for grabs. Plenty of other random supplies too like a shitload of car wheels for you LAV nuts.

The problem with the base is that while it still lets me pay the plot pole, you can't logout inside the base anymore. Which also means any vehicles stored there will also end up being unlocked and deleted eventually because they're in a trader zone. There is an armed Land Rover still up there that's up for grabs as well. Anyone who wants it, more power to ya.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
Tonight I'll start moving building supplies and stuff down to the Balota base. There are launchers and rockets left, so if you still play on a regular basis that stuff is up for grabs. Plenty of other random supplies too like a shitload of car wheels for you LAV nuts.

The problem with the base is that while it still lets me pay the plot pole, you can't logout inside the base anymore. Which also means any vehicles stored there will also end up being unlocked and deleted eventually because they're in a trader zone. There is an armed Land Rover still up there that's up for grabs as well. Anyone who wants it, more power to ya.

Heck I'll scoop up the Land Rover tonight. Drive it down to Arc's Place.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Only if it's locking. No unlocked vehicles kicking around a base, it has never ended well. If it's not locking, sell it.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I'm all moved down to Arc's base. Now I just need to have Shogun move my spawn.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'll be gathering some more building supplies, to turn more of the walls into gates, since they have convenient rooms. I think I know where to put you, you'd get a garage along with it.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Turned all the walls I could into gates, so now I've got parking, and my base spawns a lot of loot. Well, loot like cans of sardines and small backpacks. It spawns crowbars, but I haven't seen a toolbox yet.

Arc.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Someone could have my base at Rog. I think I'm done moving everything out of it that I want.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Went on a mining run with Schade88 & SkunkDave.

We pulled about 20 briefcases each. They are good guys. Give them a warning shot if you can.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Well, it seems the server has been down Memorial Day as well as this morning. I was supposed to pay my plot poles yesterday. Hope my base is still there.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Servers just came back up. Shogun said he was going to pay everyones base for them. This is one of the reasons I pay twice a week Smile