SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
I also discovered that he has put in the retractable metal awnings and doors, so tonight we're going to have an impregnable fortress atop the HF base.

The only problem with it so far is he's having trouble I think allowing friends of the plot pole owner to open/close the gates/awnings (essentially they cover the aircraft, then you "turn them off" with the plot pole so they vanish). We can test that out though. So now that the pad is finished, I'm going to have an admin delete the cinder block walls so I can expand that square and make it bigger, then we should be able to fit some choppers/jets in there without having to worry about people being dicks and blowing them up when we're offline.

Same goes for the Balota base if you want to let Nala know next time someone sees her. Granted, if you want to house an aircraft on the roof there you're going to need her online to get it out of there when the roof is on.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I did a successful solo run of HF last night. I let some of the F.F. people come in and kill stragglers and loot the bunker after I had left.

Good times.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
I did a successful solo run of HF last night. I let some of the F.F. people come in and kill stragglers and loot the bunker after I had left.

Good times.

Make them think you're a good guy until Godsmoke and Skull murder them all.

I did a solo run before that one was well. Make sure you grab the plain large/reg wood walls for me so I can enclose the base. Oh and floors, can't have enough floors.

I also had Shogun post his tow script for me in the suggestions area of his forum, so you can see what can tow and what CAN be towed on the ground and via aircraft.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Plot poles have been cut down to 300 objects on Shoguns servers. They were at 600, so that pretty much eliminates anymore building at the Balota base. I had a mod delete a bunch of stuff from my HF base but I'm still 30 objects over, and won't be able to complete the awnings on the helipad.

What does this mean for you? I think it means we need to start splitting up our bases into groups of 2 or 3 people and use the Balota base as the only one where we ALL have stuff.

I don't know what I'm going to be doing with the HF base, but I might end up downsizing it and keeping it for it's original intended purpose of a place to hold shit we loot from HF until we disperse it. Which would include shrinking the helipad to a one chopper size and shrinking the size of the exterior castle walls.

Not sure yet, just thinking out loud.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
That's cool, whatever you need to do.

I think I did notice that they had removed the back entrance to Sector. That or I'm an idiot and couldn't find it, despite my many days of using it.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
That's cool, whatever you need to do.

I think I did notice that they had removed the back entrance to Sector. That or I'm an idiot and couldn't find it, despite my many days of using it.

Nope the back entrance is gone. Also more heli's spawn and they don't really fly away now. So you are forced to deal with them. Shogun may have also given RPG's do the AI to combat sitting at the entrance in armor...not confirmed yet but there were a LOT of explosions going on last night when that F.F group was doing sector.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I've been working on a base north of Mogli, for folks to use as a weed waystation, drop safes, or whatever. Similar location to the one I did on Server 1, larger and with some heli protection. It's got a fuel pump and repair now.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Balota base vanished. Arc and I are working on getting the safe/shed room locked up tight. No idea where the keys are to those 3 armed SUV's so one of them is just going to have to sit outside.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Vanished?

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Vanished is bad.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Still no real answer as to why the Balota base decayed. It did decay, because recently built items were still in the sky.

The plot was paid 3 days ago, so it's most likely a glitch with the piece number being reduced to 300, of which that base was way over.

Luckily, I had an ass ton of wood walls and ceilings, so the sheds and vehicles, and our stake in Balota, are OK. The Balota base will be back new and improved.

Last night I was off to the wholesaler in my Mozzie, and usually I give the harvest area a wide berth. Well, not AI, but a player named Lolo decided to shoot me down while I was speeding by at 150. He and his crew were outside the harvest area in their SUV with a minigun.

This made me angry, because I basically had no chance of finding my body in all that terrain, considering how fast and high I fell.

So, when I respawned, I got my LAV, and using my mastery of deduction, I headed up to the weed trader, the next stop for anyone at harvest.

When I arrived at harvest, I killed the SUV with the cannon. As everyone scattered into the woods I turned on thermal and machine-gunned them, running over the guy with the Javelin.

Then I buried everyone.

So, just like you don't mess with me while I'm on a bike, I don't take kindly to being shot down in a Mozzie.

If you're at the weed harvest area with all your friends, it's best not to start shit, because I didn't just kill you, I killed your vehicle, all your stuff, and your gold and any weed you had. I killed all that time you spent.

You better learn.

DayZ lesson #134, someone in a mozzie might still have a tank, if you're going to kill them, make sure they can't find you.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
LOL!! Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaaaand Steam updated Arma, so now my shit is all fucked. Can't get in for a host of errors.

Arc.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Aaaaaaaand Steam updated Arma, so now my shit is all fucked. Can't get in for a host of errors.

Good thing I paid my plot pole yesterday. Though anymore I could care less about that server. It seems to be going to shit rather quickly.

Sigforum said: "You'll be fine trust us."

Picture of mn_smokeater
posted Hide Post
Much has happened indeed.

I'm way outta the loop. Haven't fired up since like 2 months ago. Did update EPOCH though last night and hopped on a random PVE server to test.

All works well.

Best part of the test. Getting pot shot at by a dude in a bandit mask both of witch are banned. dude thought I was full on bambi til my AK with PSO scope sent 5.45 rounds ripping into his skull from outside his effective range. His buddy took exception to that so I shot him in the face. Then I was ate.

~------------------------------~
"Other Duties as Assigned"

Posts: 1355 | Location: Bemidji, MN | Registered: March 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
So I'm currently stuck in a base south of Klen and I've taken their plot pole. I could have gotten myself out, but I don't have a e-tool which means I can't put the plot pole back down. So I'm going to need some assistance later. I'll need an e-tool and a stairs kit. Maybe a floor section too.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm back from my week of training. Hope to get on tonight with some folks that know the new door codes!!

See you guys on the server!!

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Some days ago, a particular fellow killed me at 500 yards while I was in a trader. I got my revenge tonight, at great cost to him and his buddies.

We had all gone up to the weed trader, and while we were there, a guy flies in. Shortly thereafter, his friend shows up in an LAV, an APC with a cannon.

When I was killed, this trader wasn't a "safe zone." Now it is. So, inside, noones weapons work. I had just tagged along with Skull and Grave, so I had waited up the mountain as they went in to trade. The LAV roled up, and we decided I'd go to our base and get a missile. Knowing that it would take time for these guys to trade a vehicle full.

I go and get the rocket, and wait. And wait. I take a piss break and get back in time to see the LAV going the wrong way from my vantage, such that he's protected by the trader. Skull takes off and keeps eyes on as he heads away.

I take off, and throttle it to get ahead of the tank.

These guys were headed for another trader, which was also a safe zone. I landed about 500m out, and the LAV was headed up the hill 300m away. Who is driving? The guy who sniped me days earlier.

The M47 Dragon works very well.

The tank is burning, two guys get out opposite the side I'm on. I can see under the hulk of burning, I shoot their legs with my 240, then their heads.

A job well done, and to top it off, as I spent the last of my ammunition, another friend of theirs ran me over with an AAV. It was a true Klingon death.

While the guy who ran me over was happy, the burning tank behind him was at a high cost, along with its contents and the two assholes. All I lost was a launcher and an M240. He didn't think about that, as he tried to tease me after the game reset. Once it was explained what his group had lost, he clammed up quickly.

Good times.

Arc.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
On a related note: The M47 (FGM-77)was the predecessor to the FGM-148 (Javelin) and was phased out of the US Military in 2001. (Yay wikipedia)

I haven't used the Javelin much in Arma 2 but the M47 shoots straight and far, whereas the Javelin I believe is supposed to take a drop attack path. I would imagine though that since they're actually TRYING to be realistic with the way weapons behave, that it works like that.

I watched an Arma 3 video the other day about weapon penetration and stuff, and it's amazing how they've integrated that into Arma 3. Bullet trajectory, impact, penetration, deflection..all that stuff.

Makes me wish stupid Day-Z people hadn't put out the stand-alone so we could have gotten Arma 3 Epoch mod first.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
On a related note: The M47 (FGM-77)was the predecessor to the FGM-148 (Javelin) and was phased out of the US Military in 2001. (Yay wikipedia)

I haven't used the Javelin much in Arma 2 but the M47 shoots straight and far, whereas the Javelin I believe is supposed to take a drop attack path. I would imagine though that since they're actually TRYING to be realistic with the way weapons behave, that it works like that.

I watched an Arma 3 video the other day about weapon penetration and stuff, and it's amazing how they've integrated that into Arma 3. Bullet trajectory, impact, penetration, deflection..all that stuff.

Makes me wish stupid Day-Z people hadn't put out the stand-alone so we could have gotten Arma 3 Epoch mod first.

Doesn't get much more realistic. Than a sledgehammer to the head one shot kill. Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post